All reviews amazing sunrise offer free pick up rent a scooter the main areas outdoor shower and toilet loved staying here yellow bridge off the beaten track swimming pool is steep stairs mosquito net spectacular views three nights a great stay bungalow lembongan island
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We stay there 3 days / 2 nights begining of october 2017.
First of all the location, it is far ! Scooter is compulsoryand a you must be a good driver with this kind of road.
Okay the view is nice, sunrise is beautiful but thats it.
1) Breakfast is way to small and can barely fullfil a 10 yo kid. you have one cup of coffee or tea, one fruit juice and then you choose a choice of eggs (without bread) or bread with butter and jam
2) cleaning is not their cup of tea. The plastic curtain of the bathroom is similar to the one I had when we where sharing a house at 5 young men that has never been cleaned.
3) mosquito net is as mosquitoproof as an open door, so many holes on it.
4) entry door is not even touching the floor a big 3cm between it and the floor, perfect for mosquito, ants etc..
5) curtains of the bungalow are light yellow and white. At 6am it is full light in the house, not perfect to sleep.
6) tables at the breakfast area are not clean and very sticky.

Lots of small things that could be solved in a couple of minutes but they dont seems to be bother with it

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Valentin B
Reviewed September 30, 2017

If you are looking for a calm and private place to stay, this is the right hotel. Surrounding by paddy field and mountains make this hotel is great gateway from your busy daily routine. Unfortunately, they don't have various breakfast menu. The access to hotel from port was difficult if you go there at night. No lights along the road (half of the road). The Wi-Fi was unstable.

Room tip: Make sure you remember the route to go back to hotel since Google Map can't identify the place
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

The nice things were the pool, the view, and that it is quiet. The bungalow was old and not so clean (looked quite better on pictures), especially the bathroom. No shower drain, everything just dries under the floor made of rocks. Bad smell in the toilet. Has much trouble with the lock and key. Had to call someone each time I left the place. No pickup/drop off to boats by car if you have luggage, just scooter rides and you need to haggle for the price each time. Location not so great if you are walking. Staff could not help me with transfer to Nusa Penida. Had to ask at yellow bridge myself.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank quilliama
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

From reading previous reviews I knew Poh Manis is "far away" from the popular beaches, that the roads are bumpy, that it's quiet. It takes 10 minutes to get to the beach... it's only 8 square km island. It's Indonesia; of course the road isn't going to be a smooth superhighway. Personally, the location was fantastic because I was looking for tranquility and it is delightfully off the beaten path at Poh Manis, with still a tropical-rustic level of amenities and charm. Sunrises were amazing and I loved sitting with my beloved on the ocean view porch of our villa. I loved how quiet and peaceful it is at night and I slept really deeply there. Johnny does a fantastic job as manager and made sure our every need was taken care of, including helping us rent a scooter. The pool is beautiful, cleaned everyday and looks relaxing but I didn't go in.
In total we stayed three nights. I recommend if a peaceful, relaxing, & romantic setting and sunrises are your cup of tea, and you're adventurous enough to rent a scooter (necessary anywhere you stay on this island) stay more than one night here. I give it four stars because some other staff do not speak English well and just don't have the same kind of service touch that Johnny brings, but overall I recommend Poh Manis.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Efan H
Reviewed August 14, 2017

My stay here was great! My hut looked out at the ocean, and every morning I woke up with the most amazing sunrise. The hut and bathroom were clean (and my bed got made up every day). The air conditioner was great and I loved the mini fridge in the room as well. The swimming pool is mindblowing; looking over the little huts and the ocean. Service was the best I've ever had. John and Putu were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. There are restaurants that offer free pick up and drop off if you make a reservation with them (John can help you with this). The road up to the resort is indeed a bit bumpy, but I thought it had its charm. It would be a bit odd if all the roads were perfectly man-made... It's definitely doable if you want to go to the beach, it's just not walking distance, so you need to rent a scooter or ask if someone can drop you off. The best thing about being away from the hustle and bustle is that it was really quiet. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2017