All reviews amazing sunrise offer free pick up rent a scooter the main areas outdoor shower and toilet loved staying here yellow bridge off the beaten track swimming pool is steep stairs mosquito net spectacular views three nights a great stay bungalow lembongan island
Reviewed September 13, 2016

When I visited Nusa Lembongan, I did a 2D1N trip. I stayed at Poh Manis Resort. The hotel staff can pick you up at Mushroom Beach, where the boat from Sanur Beach, Bali arrives and departs. The journey to the hotel takes some time on a very bumpy car ride and the hotel is located in the middle of the jungle. I guess it’s good for people looking for tranquility, relax and peaceful stay, but was dark at night and too lonely for me. The cottage was cozy and clean but did not have any TV. Hotel staffs were nice and food was good.

I would recommend people to stay in one of the accommodations at Mushroom Beach if you’re staying the night at Nusa Lembongan, for simplicity and practical purposes. The boat from Sanur usually arrives at and departs from Mushroom Beach. It has good choices of accommodations, restaurants and cafes, and you can also do water sports activities here.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Priscilla T
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Its very difficult to visit the hotel because of the bad roads. Near the hotel is completely nothing. When we arrived we got a bungalow with seperate beds and no ocean view. That was not what we have booked. In the room were a lot of insects and even 2 geko's of 30 cm. The employees could not help us with this problem and they cant speak english. We decided to book another hotel but Poh manis could not help us with arranging tranport to our new hotel. Instead of calling a taxi they have called the manager who kicked us out. He was very agressive. So after not more than 90 minutes we were left by our selves in the middle of the jungle at night. Our experience is very bad and we do NOT recommend this hotel to other travellers!

Room tip: Book another hotel because you will not get what you expect
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2016rst
Reviewed August 11, 2016

I really don't understand all these people that complain about the staff. Wira (the manager) is incredible. He gets a smile on your face with his enthusiasm upon your arrival. He will take care of any of your problems if you have one. Other staff members where just fine and spoke reasonable English. Sure there was a moment where no English speaking staff member was present, but even then the other staff members tried to do everything they could to help us. Given the fact that you're in rural Indonesia you should accept that these people are still learning to deal with tourism. The rooms provide an incredible view over the strait between Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan.

However, I do have to admit that the rooms where dusty, old and full of holes. Refurbishment of the whole rooms including the outside is something that needs to be done. However, we didn't encounter any critters or insects and the airco works just fine. The owner is nice as well. The hotel is part of a family who owns another hotel, Svaha Private Villa's (on the other side of the strait on Nusa Ceningan) as well.

Considering all factors I conclude that this hotel would be the dream hotel if its rooms where maintained better. However, they don't which makes it an good hotel because of their service and view. Yes the road to the hotel is bumpy and it might be difficult if you're not a experienced scooter driver, but then again.. you're in Indonesia on the top of a mountain, what do you expect? Embrace the adventure.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony V
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

If you want a good hotel for a faire price to relax this hotel is a deal. View of the swiming pool was stunning, bungalows very good, and breakfeast okay.
For e the staff was really helpful came to pick us up at the boat.

Negatives
Weak wifi but seems to be the case all other the island
You need to rent a motorbike as it s dirt roads and in the middle of nowhere

Exept that the place is worth the money :)

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

The view and pool are nice but there isn't much else to recommend about poh manis. It's far away from everything and the road leading to it is very bumpy. If it's your first time on a scooter like my girlfriend it's not the best place to practice. A large number of the staff can't communicate in English making things very difficult. They sometimes seemed like they couldn't be bothered. Reception shuts up at about 8:30pm so you can't even buy a drink after that, not even water. The room is very basic and I'm sure you can get better for your money on the island. They just haven't taken care of it and it's in dire need of refurbishment. Difficult to charge your phone or use any electrical items. The food is very bad and dining area crawling with flies. More so than normal for Bali. I didn't feel like the kitchen and dining area were clean. I went down the road to D'was to eat most of the time. On the plus side I liked some of the staff, and John and Wayan were helpful. My girlfriend got sick and someone was sent out to get some things for her. They changed our room at the start to a room with a better view. Be warned if you book ocean view you may not get much of an actual view.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple