“Two FIsh Lembongan- January 2013”

Two Fish Divers Lembongan
Ranked #18 of 42 Tours in Nusa Lembongan
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 Star IDC Centre on the the island of Nusa Lembongan, Bali, Indonesia. We run daily dive trips to the dive sites around the islands of Nusa Lembongan, Ceningan and Nusa Penida. These offer amazing coral reefs, and are home to the manta's and mola-mola of Bali! We offer fun diving in small dive grous of max 4 divers per divemaster, and we also run the full range of PADI courses from beginners through to instructors.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Two Fish Lembongan, just like their other dive centers is Bunaken and Lembeh, does a solid job. The staff is great, the rooms are clean, and they handle all their guests as individuals with different diving abilities. What you see on their website is what you get- simple, easy, efficient, and a great choice for divers of all levels. I will not hesitate staying with them again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to lembongan in October. Dived 3 days the last with two fish. I was not going to write a review but call them to complain about the irresponsible local dive master we had. However I have decided to write this review. Our local dive master was not serious about safety nor did he give us any meaningful briefing about the dive site, I blame him but also the management as we were all relatively new to diving with my daughter only aged 14. Two fish should have given us a more experienced diver. Either they don't know their staff or they are not really bothered. The main things that concerned us.

1) no briefing and no inquiry about our level of experience from designated dive master

2) other foreign dive masters having the attitude that my guests are mine and your are yours. Rather than a team effort approach, rather arrogant !

3) having complained about my wife's regulator the dive master did not attempt to test it but said it "should be ok" We should not have gone under but we did and my wife found breathing uncomfortable . We disobeyed the fundamental diving rule. Don't go in if your uncomfortable ! We did our fault but never again.

4) dive master was not aware of us underwater preferring to look at fish. My wife was drifting in the wrong direction I had to alert him to get her attention

5) underwater instructions were not clear and the safety stop a shambles . He told us to go up yet he continued to perform his for a few more minutes .

He is young so probably does not appreciate what's required of a dive master leading 3 new divers, one being a child. Better training is required by two fish mangement to ensure this does not happen again. The whole experience was not good. My wife was rather shaken and had to be persuaded to go diving sgain. We have with sea bees in Phuket .. Fantastic !

5  Thank gt0888
TwoFishBunakenIsland, Owner at Two Fish Divers Lembongan, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Hi,
Many thanks for your response. We are very sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience, we take this very seriously.
We have searched all our dive records and customer surveys in Oct (we ask all divers to complete a survey when they leave, this is collated at every location and sent to the owner every month) and can find no record of any family of 3 (with 14year old child) that dived with us for 1 day.
Are you sure that you dived with us? We do not have any foreign dive masters but there is another dive center with a name that is very close to ours and they ONLY use foreign dive masters, perhaps you dived with them?
Our manager has already messaged you but he has not yet heard from you for over a week now, it would be great if you could get in touch with us. Without any information such as your dates and the guides name, we cannot take this any further.
Please let me try and respond to some of your criticism:
1) When you arrived at the dive center you would have completed a customer form that includes things like your age, dive experience, certification level, date of last dive, etc. These are always reviewed by the manager & instructors, as well as the dive guides, before you go diving. You may not have noticed this.
2) As I said above, we do not have any foreign dive masters, hence my query about whether you dived with us or another shop.
We employ 3 experienced local dive masters, and they frequently help out on courses and so are constantly being trained. We also get them to help on our Divemaster courses (as buddies, "guests", etc) so they get "extra" divemaster training this way.
We employ 2 foreign instructors and our resort manager is also an instructor. They are always available to help with problems/issues, and answer any queries - did you talk to one of them before your dive? You would have met at least one of them - either the resort manager or our dive manager would have checked you in with paperwork and equipment. They like to meet every guest that dives with us.
3) All our equipment is new - we bought it new last June when we opened. Jason (our foreign instructor and dive manager) looks after our equipment and will not let a reg out of the shop if he thinks its faulty. Even so, every dive boat has a spare reg and the dive guide would have swapped if there was a problem with your wife's reg. Again, are you sure that you dived with us?
4) & 5) impossible to comment without knowing who the guide was. When you finished diving with us, you would have completed your log book with the guide and his name should be there. Please let us know so we can correct this.
Agree, if it was our dive shop & dive guide then better training is definitely needed. Please contact us with the guides name and we can get this arranged. One question - after diving, did you talk to either our resort manager or dive manager and report this? At least one of them is covering the shop at all times, but neither can recall any issue like this.
Again, apologies that this has happened, and I hope that you contact us directly so that we can take this further.
Thanks - Nigel

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a great time there! We did the advanced diving course with Laurent, what was good fun and a fantastic experience. Laurent and the other guys are super professional, helpful and we learned a lot with them, specially how to navigate under water :-). The Guesthouses are very clean, nicely decorated, the food and the service: triple AAA! It's nice to see with how much enthusiasm they are doing their job. Thank you guys!

1  Thank steph_roberto
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I attended my first intro to diving course at Two Fish Lembongan one week ago. I was hesitant at first but Jason and Laurent were reassuring and just plain fun. They were able to arrange an intro dive for myself and two friends in coordination with our other friend who is already certified as an advanced open water diver. This was great because we wanted to go out on the same boat, but make sure that our certified friend was able to do a more advanced dive at the same site. We did two dives and saw about 5 huge reef mantas! The whole experience felt really safe and fun thanks to Laurent's guidance. The experience inspired me to obtain my open water certification a few days later. I'll look forward to diving with Two Fish again the next time i'm in Nusa Lembongan! Thanks everyone!

1  Thank Valerie B
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spending time with TWO FISH DIVERS in Nusa Lembongan was brilliant. I stayed there 5 nights (only) and had a fantastic experience overall. The staff is super friendly and a lot of fun. Within the first couple of days,I became a certified Open Water Diver (PADI) with my favorite dive instructor!! From the resort, it’s a nice two minute walk to the white sandy beach. The bungalows are very clean and breakfast is simple, but very nice. Also, the pool is a nice way to relax after a day of diving. I will definately go back and dive with TWO FISH DIVERS in Nusa Lembongan. THANK YOU!

1  Thank 1980_verena