“Twin Island Villas”

Twin Island Villas
Adelaide
“Twin Island Villas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Just spent a few nights at this wonderful paradise hideaway,I felt I,d done a retreat . Emma you are amazing, you fulfilled our greatest expectations and we didn,t want to leave. We,ll plan longer next time Thankyou x

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynnette Z

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We just spent 12 nights in Bali with 15 of our family and friends. Two of these nights we stayed at the Twin Island Villas after recommendation from an Aussie friend. The property is amazing and has been built with a lot of love by Kim and Steve (aussies). Kim, Steve and their staff spoilt us rotten and we didn't need to think or arrange a thing they took care of everything from ensuring we had a fresh cooked lunch on arrival to having the local villagers select, prepare and cook a pig on the spit (sorry Kim we know that one was meant to be your christmas lunch). Our kids stayed in the larger villa which was comfortable and suited their needs. Adults stayed in smaller private villas with their own plunge pool and with amazing views out to the harbour there was plenty of time to hang out in the pool and take in the views and ambiance. Kim & Steve have a few dogs which were all very friendly and well loved but if you're not a dog lover you may not appreciate them hanging around. Our kids loved them. Emma was our hostess who went out of her way to arrange local excursions of surfing and shopping for our teenagers. All the kids hired scooters which they had a hoot riding around the island but the roads are quite rough and there were a few mishaps one requiring some medical attention. If you go snorkelling and to see the Mantra Rays just make sure the seas are calm. After a 45 minute boat ride in 2 metre waves we decided that swimming with the Mantra Rays wasn't going to happen as a few people were looking very green hence we ventured to a 'calmer' side of the island. This was a little too late for half of us who insisted on being taken back to dry land but for those of us with strong stomachs and the sense of adventure they stuck if out and were rewarded with some spectacular snorkelling in the calmer waters of the 'Mangroves'. We will definately be heading back to Twin Island Villas. The Villas also came with private transport which we managed to cram all 15 of us into. A bit rough on the roads but lots of fun and sore bums!

Room Tip: Go for the Love Shack - definately the best view and shaded pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mandy P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I was considering to book the villa, I read through every review on trip advisor about this place. I almost didn't book the place when I was confused about whether I could get the room with the private plunge pool because agoda wasn't very clear. But the emails with Anja, one of the villa staff quickly reassured me. This was only the beginning of 5-star hospitality I was about to experience with this villa.

I reached there and I got the Loveshack, the villa everyone here recommended! Surprisingly too, me and my boyfriend were the only guests there! We savored and loved the privacy.

Yes, the villa is remote but I absolutely loved it. Please choose here if you want to explore and if you want to ride further from the beach. It is maybe a 10-15 mins ride from the beach?

But bikes are easily arranged by the villa staff. I read some of the reviews here that their motorbikes are free and provided by the villa. Mine wasn't but I was so happy with the service I received I really did not care much that I paid for it. I wanted a massage and they easily arranged for me. It cost around IDR120,000 and was done by a local villager. It wasn't the best massage but it was a massage overlooking Nusa Ceningan. The experience is just indescribable! The breakfast is delicious, do order the banana chocolate pancake for dessert! My regret is I only discovered it on the day we were leaving. During our stay there, we ordered green curry chicken, fried rice and loved it. The fish and chip was so-so.

I had no problems with the lizard or ants around the villa. It's all part of the naturalistic feel of the villa. They pose no problems to us. We love the company of the villa dogs - Popet and Ella who came to join us by the pool and greeted us upon our check in. We truly miss them!

And most amazing of all, was the staffs of the villa. I do hope these are their names - Nyoman, Putu, Wayan. They are really the most sincere and friendly hotel staff.

We wished we could stay longer than 2 nights. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at Twin Island Villas for 7nights at the end of September. It is a really lovely place to stay, the view is amazing, the room we stayed in was lovely, and the staff are wonderful. They are extremely friendly and really cannot do enough for you. We were not comfortable about riding a scooter, having never done so before we felt this wasn't the place to learn as the roads are very narrow and rough. However this did not stop us getting to see the island as the hotel had just taken delivery of a new truck so we did a tour around the island in this at no cost. This is also an example of how brilliant the staff are as Jaya and Madi spent three hours taking us to the seaweed farm, the devils tear and the underground house before even starting their shift. Another time the staff took us to the beach on the back of scooters, we took with us a mobile phone which is in the room with all the staffs numbers programmed in and we just had to call them when we wanted picking up. We thought this was a really nice touch, we also appreciated the complementary drinking water dispenser in the room. The only downside to the private villas is there is not anywhere to hang your clothes although there is a basket under the bed to put them in. The private plunge pool is lovely and the bean bag loungers extremely comfortable. The pool area tended to lose the sun around 4.30pm as the sun sets behind the hill. If you want a place to just chill out with a good book and a Bintang this is spot on. For us I think about 5 days would have been perfect as it is a little remote but we had enough time in our itinerary to spend 5 nights down at Mushroom beach too and this gave us the opportunity to enjoy both aspects of staying on Nusa Lembongan which really is beautiful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buttonmoon106
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wow what can I say about Twin Island Villas, I loved it. The accomodation was perfect, I had the Love Shack and my own plunge pool. This is my second visit to Lembongan but my first time staying on this side of the island and the views were spectacular. I was after a retreat and I got it here as well as the warm care and attention of the staff and the friendship of Anja and Steve who went out of their way to look after me. I missed out on meeting Kim but hopefully I can remedy that in the future. Yes the Villas are situtated in the heart nature and I had my own room gecko (I could almost set my watch by him) and the odd ant, neither were a problem, there was also some stunning birdlife so close you could almost touch them. The entire island is immersed in the local culture, the staff are not refined, thank heavens, they are lovely genuine people who do chatter happily to themselves at times and also to you, nothing is at all too much trouble and they will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and enjoy your stay. You will also hear the world at large going on about you at times with the local temples having ceremonies. The meals onsite are great and pricing for the meals and drinks in the bar were very reasonable, especially when compared with prices back on Bali. I ate out on several occasions as well and the meals were all good, reasonably priced with transport here and there very easy to arrange. In a nutshell a tropical island retreat run with heart.

Room Tip: Love Shack was great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dreamerweaver67
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Like most things in life you generally get what you put in. Twin Island Villas is a unique place to stay and the payoff for a rather bumpy and uncomfortable journey through the island's roads is a breathtaking view, interesting accommodation, friendly service and good food. The area around the villa is a little rustic and undeveloped, but within it's very well catered for and relaxing. Other than the view the best thing going for it is the staff, they're eager, friendly and flexible. They were always asking us what we were up to, how we were and suggesting things to do, and took all the effort out of organising activities and dinner. We ate a lot of the food and enjoyed all of it, everything is prepared fresh. The only thing we weren't keen on were the juices at breakfast, as everything else was freshly prepared they were a small let down in an otherwise great selection. I am personally glad we stayed there as it was nice and different to be somewhere with a flexible and relaxed environment in contrast to a big hotel, but I think this place is more for those who don't mind a bit of adventure and individuality. The scooter is a great touch and we loved getting around on it, but that might not be suitable for everyone. There were some minor housekeeping issues which could be tightened up a bit, things like having a large hole in our sheet, chipped and cracked crockery in the room, and not replacing used glasses, but any requests were met when we asked. It's certainly not significant to detract from all the great things going for this place and overall the management and staff are lovely people running a great place and will surely go from strength to strength.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

For the cost we thought that it would have been awesome especially because KIm was very nice by email but it was probably bad timimng the owner Kim and husband were not on site as they were back in Australia at that time. And when the cat is away the mice will play. The staff was noisy, unfocus as they were careless, a chapel was in construction just in the back of our bedroom so even though we had a such beautiful landscape in front of us it was really hard to relax. Up the hill we really thought that it would have been peaceful but unfortuantelly we found the peace at the hotel next door for a drink. This hotel is open since this summer the staff was incredibly nice and friendly compare to Twin Island Villas. We decided to eat dinner at Twin Island Villas and the meal wasn't cooked properly we left everything on the table outside at night and in the morning when we woke up it was still there, amazing for this price it was really bad. We decided to leave at 8 in the morning, as we really couldn't stand staying anymore unfortunatelly. Lucky we had booked only for one night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TwinIslandVillas, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Island Villas, responded to this review, May 17, 2016
Dear Ticarine,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Villas. Though your stay was some time ago, it's always disappointing to hear that guests did not enjoy their vacation.

We have recently undergone a change of ownership and management which has enabled us to expand the facilities available to our guests and build a new team of dedicated staff, that are as proud of the Villas as we are.

Should you be visiting Lembongan again, we would happily welcome you back to Twin Island for a much improved experience.

Best regards,