“Lovely property”
Review of Twin Island Villas

Twin Island Villas
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A lot of what I want to write has been covered, so I'd split my review into positives and negatives.

Positives:
1) Its a lovely view- the place is called Twin Island Villas because of the view of Nusa Ceningan (A small island) while the villa itself is in Nusa Lembongan
2) The island itself is beautiful- there is a lot to explore. Importantly, its a pristine and secluded island, so it truly relaxes your senses.
3) The property on the hills is beautiful.
4) The people and staff are lovely and go out of the way to help you. When we got lost on the island, we called Wyan and he promptly reached to pick us up. Kim and Steve, with their Aussie dialects are quite warm as well.
5) The other people staying in the villas were lovely.
6) The pool- its quite cute.
7) The interiors of the rooms and bathrooms gelled well with the mood.

Negatives:
1) The villa is a little off the main path- could be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it. Indiana Kenang is more likely the area where I'd stay the next time around.
2) The room was slightly cramped for my liking

Would certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karan_Maroo

Reviewed December 29, 2012

First of all, three warnings :
- 1st : if you intended to do a giant trip all around Indonesia and you start by staying at Villa Ancak (or Twin Islands VIllas), be careful, you might very well wanna end up the rest of your trip days there !!!
- 2nd : if this is your first time on this delightful island that is Nusa Lembongan (definitely a place to be near Bali, especially if you love surfing and diving), if you consider yourself brave enough to try to walk to Twin Islands Villas from Jungut Batu (the beach where the boat from Bali is taking you) : DON'T - you'll be exhausted for sure before you try to reach the Villas. So call wonderful Kim first so that she can organize your trip there and you'll come NOT sweating NOT dying of thirst when you reach heaven (Twin Islands Villas !à,
- 3rd : the real Indonesian name of this place is Villa Ancak - so if you speak about it with locals, do not use the "western" name of Twin Islands Villas, they wouldn't know what you are talking about !!!

Anyway, this being said, Twin Islands Villa is definitely one of my milestone of discoveries within Indonesia. Even after 5 trips there and having had the chance to stay in very luxurious 5 stars hotel, nothing compared to the serenity and well-being that I felt in Villa Ancak.

The first thing you see : the place itself and its view : breathtaking, within the "jungle" while overviewing the strait between Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan (a little island nearby) with its turquoise water. The bungalows are extremely delightful, all well equipped, furnished with style and taste (Indonesian one), each of them come with a private small pool to chill out after long days of sports (surf/dives) or to cope with the heat.

Kim (the owner of the place, wonderful kiwi and aussie mix - she did get the best of both :o) and its crew (Made, Lilu, Wyan and the other) will welcome you warmly (never seen something else that a wide grin on each of their faces even at 6am in the morning) not only as a guest but as a part of the family. Extremely helpful in organizing almost eveything you dream for thanks to her local contacts (boat trip with fisherman catching sea weeds, surf lessons, diving lessons, amazing French restaurant session, best little local food restaurant where you have thousand of mouth and belly orgasms for few euros, transportation to anywhere on the islands and beyond). One thing you have to know : the price of the room actually includes the rental of a motorbike that will be given to you upon arrival ... Great surprises to feel totally free to discover each and every part of this Island that, i'm sure, will be a must-see and must-remember of your trip.

I was truly moved by the kindness, genuineness of the people living at Twin Islands Villas and should it be for a restful, romantic, discovery stay or just a hop on the Island, I would definitely recommend you to check this out ...

Once you've known this place, you'll only dream about going back ... Which I hopefully will very soon ;o) Have a great stay there, this place is 100% certified pure experience, pure sceneries, pure life moments ...
Kr's

Room Tip: Only three bungalows and a big house : you'll be sure to feel "blessed" regardless of...
2  Thank Christophe B
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend 5 nights at Twin Island villas just before Christmas. It was our first time visiting Lembongan and we weren't disappointed.
On arrival we were very warmly welcomed by Kim, the owner. She sat down with us in the beautiful bar area overlooking that fabulous view and told us all about the place, whilst we had a couple of welcome drinks with another couple who arrived at the same time.
During our stay nothing was too much trouble and there was always someone to help us out with directions, bookings for dinners and teaching us how to drive the scooter. All the staff are absolutely wonderful and tried their best to make our stay as lovely as possible.
We were in Villa Cinta, which had a lovely little plunge pool and its very own large resident gecko on the ceiling, nicknamed Arnold! It was cleaned daily and there were always lovely little flower arrangements placed on the bed and in the bathroom.
If you are looking to escape the madness of Bali for a few days and enjoy some peace and serenity with maybe a bit of exploring, diving, surfing and friendly chatter with fellow holidaymakers, Twin Island Villas is a fabulous place to visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

From the moment we were warmly welcomed by Kim, we knew this was going to be the perfect place for us.

Over the 4 days we stayed, she went out of her way to make sure we felt at home and organised for us to explore Ceningan with her staff (who are all BEAUTIFUL). She also sorted a surfing trip with Thabu, which was by far the highlight of my Bali holiday.

The place itself is beyond gorgeous, with to-die-for views and spotless, luxurious rooms. Sipping a bintang in the infinity pool overlooking the ocean, and eating mangoes as they drop into the pool? My idea of pure heaven.

Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Every room is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rosie_28nz
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in November 2012 and enjoyed every minute. The room itself was very comfortable. Enjoyed the semi outdoor shower and bathroom and there's a super view from the seating area in front. We had the villa without plunge pool but this just seemed to mean we had the lovely main pool to ourselves!
The location is fairly remote and you'll need to use the included moped to explore the island. There are no cars. I can strongly recommend crossing the little bridge over to Nusa Ceningan and having a drive round there too.
Best of all though, the staff. They were so welcoming, friendly and helpful
The food and drink was good, but a bit limited and there's nowhere else within walking distance. However some of the places in the main village will come and pick you up if you want.
Overall highly recommended and great value.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Where do we start??? It was our 10th wedding anniversary and they made it very special.Twin Island Villas are magical, so much more than we where expecting. Unfortunately we only stayed 3 nights. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Kim and her staff and made to feel most welcome - at home even.

The Villa was amazing. So clean and tidy - the staff ensure that your room is serviced when you least expect it - fresh flowers, crisp linen, candles and cleaned etc.

Kim is certainly the most adorable host and her staff are unbelievable. They made us feel right at home. Nothing was too much trouble. We didn't want for anything. Just ask and they will deliver! We spent 3 weeks travelling around Bali and this was the last place we stayed and we certainly saved the best until last!!!

The people we met during our stay were brilliant and people we will certainly stay in touch with, even if they do live on other side of the world.

If you are people looking for that special place then this is a definite must - you'll regret it if you don't. It is so remote, you'll thing you've died and gone to heaven.

We will certainly be back with the family. There is something to do for everyone - surfing with Tabu, snorkelling, fine dining, sightseeing, riding a moped for the first time and learning about the culture and the people.

We cannot thank Kim and her staff enough for making our stay unforgettable - thank you a thousand times over.

By the way the chicken caramel and mokeka is to die for.

Love you long time Kim, next time you won't get rid of us!!!!

Room Tip: The villa with the private plunge pool is a must.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent 5 months traveling through Southeast Asia last winter, and I am so lucky to have found my way to Twin Island Villa's at the beginning of my sojourn. After spending an extra week longer than the week I had allotted for my stay there, it became 'home base' for me and I returned 5 more times over the 5 months I was roaming around that corner of the world. I have spent most of my life traveling, and being fortunate enough to have a respectable income at my disposal, I am familiar with the way a successful high-end hotel/resort is run. The service at Twin Island Villas is impeccable. From the refreshing fruit cocktails and cold towelettes that are presented to you upon arrival, to the Frangipani blossoms artfully placed on your bed by the maid service, to the fast and professionally served meals in the thatch-roofed, open-concept bar/restaurant. The Red Curry, Green Curry, Soto Ayam (chicken soup), and shockingly (the chefs are local Indonesian ladies) the Spaghetti Carbonara, are to die for.
The Villas (each with their own private plunge pool complete with stunning hilltop views of the Lembongan/Cenigan Channel) are set apart enough to allow for privacy while still being close large public hotel pool and the bar/restaurant. The bar area, by the way, sports the most gorgeous pool table setting I have ever seen. The table stands on small, square, stone blocks in the midst of a fine sand floor, perching right on the edge of the hill with a 180 degree unobstructed view of the channel.
In addition to all these aspects is the part of the experience which might be my favorite: how friendly and accommodating the staff and owners are. Maybe you like to drink Negroni's as the sun is setting, maybe you like to drink Bloody Mary's. Maybe you'd like to have a charcuterie plate one afternoon during your stay. All you have to do is give staff reasonable notice of these things and voila, it will be there for you.
While I was there the staff took me out on an excursion to the seaweed farming plots (free of charge), and if I ever needed to rent a scooter or a boat for a day, these things were arranged and provided to me for a much lower cost than I was able to find at other places on Nusa Lembongan.

The entire experience is exceptional. I cannot recommend this place more highly. It is a magical little spot, in a raw, simple, and stunning part of the world, and I can not wait to go back in February.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention the value! Honestly, I felt borderline guilty forking over what I did, considering what I was getting in return...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo