“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lembongan Dive Center

Lembongan Dive Center
Ranked #6 of 36 Tours in Nusa Lembongan
More attraction details
Owner description: Lembongan Dive Center is a Premier PADI dive resort #S-22362 located on the main beach beside Scooby Doo Bar, Restaurant and Bungalows, in Nusa Lembongan, Bali. We are a small, locally owned dive center and our guides have a wealth of experience in diving the waters around Nusa Penida & Nusa Lembongan. Our focus is on small groups and a highly individual service to meet the needs of our customers. We offer the full range of PADI courses, from Discover Scuba Diving to Divemaster. Snorkelling is also a service we provide. Transport can also be arranged to and from Bali & the Gili Islands.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had scanned and scoured the internet and Tripadvisor for information and reviews to determine where I would do my Open Water Dive cert.
Lembongan seemed like the ideal location - a short boat ride from Bali and great reviews, I did not want to waste hours on a boat.
Then I started reviewing all the dive centres on Lembongan and cross referencing with their websites (I am a researcher!!)
Although they all seemed to have great reviews Lembongan Dive Centre stood out for me. My course was conducted by Paul, an English guy (but there were other nationals) and the money stayed with the locals. This was a big selling point for me (giving back to the real community), as well as their comprehensive website which gave me a brief bio on all the local staff, the trip advisor reviews were the most positive and least negative - taking into account many reviews are done by first time divers, like me, who are ecstatic about their overall diving experience.
Lembongan Dive Centre arranged my fast boat return trip and accommodation as well, dealing with just the one person made things so much easier and everything was delivered as promised and expected.
Now to the good bit :)
My diving instructor was Paul. He was very patient, understanding and made things easy to learn - great teaching style.
I was doing my OWD while my partner was just doing a refresher.
There were a few times I was (on the inside) beginning to get anxious and overwhelmed but Paul's calmness and easy going approach made me pull myself together.
I was very lucky and ended up being his only student for the duration of my ocean dives so the one on one experience made it all the better for me.
If the conditions are less than ideal the local knowledge comes in handy and there are options to suit.
The locations we did go to were fantastic and I did get to see a TURTLE! and lots of other fish including a couple of Moray eels.
I am more than happy with the level and quality of service I received from Lembongan Dive Centre and would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of doing a dive course.
Thanks Paul
Joyce and Chris

Visited September 2013
Lembongan d, Manager at Lembongan Dive Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Joyce
Thanks for taking time out to review your Open Water course with us. I’m so pleased you enjoyed the experience and that we were able to meet your expectations! It was also great to get Chris back in the water after a break, so now he has a new buddy, you can both enjoy the wonders of the underwater world together :-)
Hope you had a good time the rest of your trip & look forward to seeing you again for your Advanced Course!
Paul, Instructor @ Lembongan Dive Center

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Leioa, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent dive center, amazing dives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My boyfriend Asier and I spent some days in Nusa Lembongan during September 2013. We decided to dive with LDC and it was definitely a great decision. Each of the 9 dives we did with them was awesome. The coral reefs around the islands are marvellous and really full of life. Since the first moment we felt all the staff was really professional and the fact that there is a divemaster for a maximum of 4 people makes everything easier. We would like to especially thank the staff that guided us: Bunter and Mojo, nice dives guys thanks for being always so cheerful! Although we did not have good luck with the mola-mola and manta there where really good trials. And Evy, thanks for your patience and for helping us spotting all that small stuff (it would have been very difficult to see them without your help).

Apart from that the island itself deserves a trip there, a really really peaceful place.

Thanks to all! We hope to dive with you again!

Hi Aranoias

Thank you very much for your comments & for taking time to review your diving experience with us. We are very lucky to have such amazing marine life in our waters, with beautiful corals & lots of small stuff. It’s a shame we couldn’t get to see the big stuff due to the high swell when you visited, but maybe next time hey! Thanks for the feedback for Moyo, Bunter & Evy, as they, like all our guides, try hard to ensure you get to see the some of the more difficult to find creatures underwater.
Happy diving & hasta luego!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best dive centre on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Again, LDC made my holiday great! They were able to cater for more experienced divers and we were able to request certain dive sites which we really liked without any trouble :). This is my second time diving with the center, and I really like their professionalism & friendliness of the staff. Thank you Riana for arranging boat transfers & helping with the accommodation enquiries. I will def be back again !

Visited September 2013
Lembongan d, Manager at Lembongan Dive Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi Nanne

Once again thank you very much for your kind comments & for taking time to review your diving experience with us. We are pleased you had a great time and were able to see Mola mola every day! All of our dive team try to ensure that our guests have a fun & memorable day out, so it is great to receive such positive feedback. We are pleased that your boat transfers worked out & that we were able to help you find accommodation.

Happy diving & we hope to see you again next time!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent and friendly dive centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I are advanced divers and spent two days diving with Lembongan. Our instructor, Paul was great and had excellent advice and feedback for both of us as well as great local knowledge.

On our first day we were taken to Manta Point where we saw Manta Rays and then onto Crystal Bay to spot Mola Mola. The sites were over run with divers which is something that's out of the dive centre's control. At Crystal Bay when all the other divers raced off because someone thought they had seen a Mola Mola, Paul held held back and a after a short wait, out of the blue emerged a Mola Mola. It was an amazing experience. And the second day of diving wasn't bad either!

LDC supplied food and drink and kept the groups on the boats small and it was only myself and my girlfriend with Paul. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I'd definitely go back and dive with them again.

Hi Jonny

Thanks for taking time out to review your diving experience with us. I’m so pleased you enjoyed the diving in Nusa Lembongan and had fun on your dives. We are blessed to have such amazing marine life in our waters and it was great that you had such a wonderful encounter with our magnificent manta rays & mola molas! Not everyone gets to see both in one day, so we were very lucky indeed!

Happy diving & hope you both had a great time on the rest of your trip.
Paul, Instructor @ Lembongan Dive Center
Hong Kong, China
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good dive centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

we spend 2 days diving with this dive center. very skillful and helpful DM. we dive in small group (4 people 1 group) and had a great time here. we saw many manta rays at manta point, going to this location worth the extra cost as you can see manta rays feeding on plankton. will plan to come back in a few years time, will dive with this dive shop again.

Visited June 2013
Hi Tim

Thank you so much for your comments & for taking time to review your diving experience with us. We are very lucky to have such amazing marine life in our waters and it was great that you had such a wonderful encounter with our majestic manta rays! We try and keep our dive groups small to maximize your safety & enjoyment, so are pleased you had such a good time.

Happy diving & we hope to see you again!