“Fabulous operation!”

Bali Diving Academy Lembongan
Ranked #11 of 42 Tours in Nusa Lembongan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bali Diving Academy Lembongan. Diving Courses and Fun Dives for everyone. Since 1991. Part of Bali Diving Academy group- Day trips, overnight and Best of Bali Dive Safari Packages. With 4 Dedicated Diving Academies and Partner properties in Lembongan, Tulamben, Pemuteran and Gili Trawangan, providing professional diving services supported by unmatched human resources and infrastructure on site at all Bali's top dive locations.
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

While staying in Nusa Lembongan, I spent 2 of the days diving with Bali Diving Academy. Swen, along with his dive masters and staff were some of the most professional, yet fun, crew I have been diving with. Day one was spent in the shallower waters swimming with the mantas, while the second day was spent drift diving the wall. The first drift dive of the day, was the most challenging dive to date for me (only 36 dives to date). It was the fastest current I have ever been in. My fantastic dive master Maria integrated a few rest stops along the way so we could attempt to slow ourselves down a bit and regain control of our dive (she was always in control...I on the other hand was flying thru the water). After the dive we talked about how I could position better and what adjustments I can make for future dives of this type. The second dive was slower, but I was able to utilize all of her advice and had a much more successful dive. I was actually able to check out the scenery on the 2nd dive, as we were going so fast on the 1st one to really focus on anything.
I enjoyed the company so much, that later in my travels I made the treck up to Pemuteran for my advanced diving course. My dive master Edi was a great instructor and I highly recommend the operation. They are highly focused on safety first, having you check in after every dive. The crew prepares all of your equipment so you can enjoy your time more.
I wish every operation ran like this one!!

1  Thank Cathy P
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy Lembongan, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hello Cathy,

Thank you very much for diving with us and for taking the time to post a review!

Diving with currents can take you by surprise at the beginning, but we the right experienced and professional guide, it quickly turns into a great and exhilarating experience. Well done Maria and the rest of the team, thanks once again Cathy and we are looking forward to dive again together soon!

Happy Bubbles!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had two dives with the Divemaster, Kadek at Tulamben wreck.

Being a novice diver, I expressed my nervousness prior to the dive. Not only did he assure me that he would guide me, he stayed true to his word by keeping close to me during the dive itself. Apart from regularly checking our air pressure and our whereabouts, he took his time and was patient with our slow pace during the dive as well.

In a nutshell, I would say that I felt really safe with Kadek as our divemaster, and his friendliness and assurance would definitely assure our next patronage for our next dive trip in Bali!

It's a pleasure to read that you had such a great time with us, we are looking forward to dive with you guys again!

Best Fishes

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Was really impressed when I went looking for dive shops to use on Lembongan that Swen the owner came and chatted so easily and was forthcoming with answers to any questions I had. A very laid back but professional PADI 5 Star Dive Centre. Equipment was gpod quality and group was small which was great. Strong currents on wall dives and not as well preserved marine life as at Menjangen Island in the north of Bali but still great and will be coming back soon to hopefully five the other side of the islands to see Manta Ray and Mola Mola (sunfish).
Highly recommended. Thanks guys!

Hi SkittlesNZ,

Thank you so much for diving with us and for the review, mola mola are starting to appear so... time to come back again :-)

Until then, happy bubbles!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

i have dove many places in bali. love this the best! Swen the manager was so helpful and honest about the chance of spotting big fish. However his guides,some of the best i have worked with, were Exceptional!. not just because i saw the mola,either. Kadek a younger DM, was so attentive and patient as well as gifted in his sighting of critters. The boat was top notch as well with all the first aid you may never need but want .if you do.. Very laid back on when i needed to dive as well. wish i was still there. stayed in the bungalow 7 next door and happy with that too. love Lembongen island. Good choice for divers.World wide!

1  Thank skykid

Hello Skykid,

Thank you very much for the review and the great words, we are looking forward to dive with you again!

Happy bubbles!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Liked everything about the diving and Bali, the boats could have been bigger, we were split on 3 boats due to the fact they couldn't accommodate us on 1 boat with a group of 23. Seen Mola-mola, Manta rays and many other fish. Awesome experience highly recommended.

1  Thank Biser T
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy Lembongan, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello Silvia,

Thank you very much for your comment, nice to read you have a great time!

About the boat's size, our boat are not too big on purpose as we refuse to put more than 8 to 12 divers on the same dive site all together at the SAME TIME.

We have one Divemaster every 4 divers (sometimes even one every 2, depending on the diver's experience) and we usually reach the site, 4 divers jump, wait at least 5 minutes-depending on the site, if it's drift or macro for example-, then other 4 jump.

While depending on the arrangement with the group, the other boat might come and then we repeat the same thing after at least 15 minutes or the groups split and dive different sites and then swap again.

We will never buy a boat with a bigger capacity than 12 divers 9maximum!) as our service would become very bad. Flexibility, personalized service and safety are key issues for us and a bigger boat than 12 divers + 3 guides would be just unthinkable for us.

Our boats carry 2 , 4 , 8 and 12 divers and this is the limit.

I can imagine you wanted to spend all the time with the rest of the group, that's why we usually spend the interval surface with the boats next to each others or on a nice beach...

Hope to see you again and thanks for the feedback Silvia!

Bali Diving Academy