“Friendly, helpful + educational”
Review of Big Fish Diving

Big Fish Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Big Fish Diving, a scuba diving and yoga resort based on the beautiful island of Lembongan. We offer daily diving for certified divers as well as the full range of PADI and SSI diving courses. All our staff are fully trained to professional standards and have completed hundreds if not thousands of dives locally. The diving around the Nusa Penida Marina protected area couldn't be healthier, with flourishing vibrant corals and abundant fish life. We are also blessed with year round Manta Ray sightings and the magnificent Oceanic Sunfish from July - October. We also offer accommodation at the Secret Garden Bungalows, daily Yoga classes and are home to the Aquatic Alliance Manta Ray research team.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I did 4 fun dives with Big Fish recently and was very impressed with my initial communication with Andrea prior to arrival. She was super helpful arranging my speedboat from the airport and booking my room and my dives.

The dives were in small groups, and we were also accompanied by two superb Divemaster trainees, Laura and Nick. We had a super-relaxing time on the boat. I should mention that I was very impressed with their positive attitude toward diving and customer service!

As a dive instructor, I was eager to get to some more advanced sites, and this was arranged for me. Again, very helpful and responsive.

Finally, they organize marine life lectures on a regular basis. I attended a PhD presentation on Molas and a lecture on Manta Rays. I am now in the process of adopting two mantas for my niece and nephew in Canada. Merry Christmas, little dudes.

All reviews
"these guys"
in 14 reviews
"dive staff"

Reviewed October 27, 2013

me and my family went diving with big fish in august, we had a fantastic time, my brother did his open water course with oli, she was great, very professional and they had a lot of fun! we also went fun diving with her for a day after that, we couldn't of wished for a better guide!
the diving was beautiful, good and fast communication with the shop when we booked, an all over great experience!
thanks big fish team
beth, simon, sam and lux :)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I almost cry when I think of this place. It's truly a happy happy place! I can't think of a single thing I would change. I became an open water diver under their instruction and they really helped me overcome my fears and I became one with the sea. Such a beautiful time I had there. They have a yoga shack, a pool and it's very near to the sea and wonderful restaurants. Great location. Five stars for everything! Thank you Big fish for the happiest time of my life!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at Big Fish in the Secret Garden bungalows for 4 nights. The accommodation was perfect for what we needed. Very basic but clean and functional. More importantly the diving was fantastic. We did 2 dives everyday and the boat only took 6 of us out with 2 instructors, a good sized group. The dives were mainly drift dives but not too difficult. Michelle and Rich were both great, very competent and friendly. Sadly we didn't see any manta rays or sunfish but that was just bad luck mainly due to weather. The corals and tropical fish were beautiful! We will definitely be back to try again! Thanks for the great experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent a week staying at The Secret Garden while doing our SSI SCUBA courses with Big Fish and it was just a wonderful overall experience! All the staff were welcoming and professional, the gear was well maintained and there was a relaxed yet efficeint way of operating. I did 7 dives, and while I didn't see a mola-mola (excuse to come back!) the visibility was amazing, and every dive was spectacular. We loved the Yoga Shack, and took advantage of daily yoga classes. The Secret Garden accommodation was simple but perfect for our needs with an outdoor bathroom and ability to have breakfast made for us daily. If you're heading to dive at Lembongan, look no further than Big Fish!