“Friendly and professional”
Review of Big Fish Diving

Big Fish Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Big Fish Diving, a scuba diving and yoga resort based on the beautiful island of Lembongan. We offer daily diving for certified divers as well as the full range of PADI and SSI diving courses. All our staff are fully trained to professional standards and have completed hundreds if not thousands of dives locally. The diving around the Nusa Penida Marina protected area couldn't be healthier, with flourishing vibrant corals and abundant fish life. We are also blessed with year round Manta Ray sightings and the magnificent Oceanic Sunfish from July - October. We also offer accommodation at the Secret Garden Bungalows, daily Yoga classes and are home to the Aquatic Alliance Manta Ray research team.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The guides and instructors have a good balance of making you feel very much at ease and that the dive is absolutely for your enjoyment without letting professionalism slip. There are strong currents around Lembongan and we were thoroughly briefed before the dive on the best place to be in any change of conditions. We came to the island to see Mola Mola and Mantas and were lucky enough to see both over our 4 diving days, with the Big Fish boat adapting it's schedule to the tides and currents to give us the best chance of encounters.
The shop setup is organised and the equipment looks new and well-maintained. The boat was never crowded, in fact we had a 2nd boat all to ourselves for 2 days.
The shop has built a good reputation and if you know you are coming to dive try to make a booking in advance as we did see a few people who walked in off the street to ask about diving having to be turned away.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had two amazing dives with Big Fish, Andrea and Michelle were professional and knowledgeable and made us feel very welcome. We came here especially for the mantas and could only afford 2 dives so we had our fingers crossed. We were going to dive Manta Bay first but we had a last minute change of plan, thanks to their local captain, and boy I am glad we did. We saw two Mola Molas on our first dive and I thought to myself, even if I don't see any mantas I wont mind as the Mola Molas were awesome, I didn't need to worry, on our second dive we were surrounded by Mantas for the whole hour. They were barrel rolling and being very inquisitive it was a truly amazing experience. Our stay at Secret Garden was really great as well, so quiet and relaxing, thanks again guys.

1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I did my Advanced Open water course with BFD and i must say i did not regret making such decision
All of them are very helpful and professionial
from Andrea, the instructor michelle and olivia to the locals they are simply amazing
Definitely gonna choose BFD when i go back to lembongan

1  Thank pfadli
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my 6th visit in 2 years to Secret Garden/Big Fish Diving and it just gets better and better. The entire staffs (both domestic and diving) sole aim is to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. The ebb and flow of visitors makes a stay even more rewarding as experiences are shared. Big thanks go to Tim, Andrea, Ibu, Michelle, Oli and the 'Techno Wizard' Rich. Be warned.....I will return!

1  Thank CostadaGuia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is our second visit to Secret Garden Bungalows and Big Fish Diving, and obviously would not be returning if less than 100% satisfied.
Secret Garden is a great place to stay - spacious and clean chalets, beautiful pool, decent snacks and breakfast if required, very cold beers and helpful local staff with their beautiful smiles.Not 5 star but excellent value for money.
Tim and his dive centre once again impressed with their professionalism.We dived twice a day for a week with all members of the Big Fish team and always felt safe.The diving was fantastic and the guides experts at finding and pointing out all the interesting stuff.
I trusted Tim and his team to put my 14 year old son through his advanced course, which meant that he would be diving without his overprotective dad for the first time.No problems at all.
After diving the dive staff were always around for a chat, a meal out or a couple of beers on a Friday night.We really felt part of the family.
Also don't miss the interesting marine talks given by the Aquatic Alliance in the Secret Garden Yoga Shack.
Thank you all for a truly fantastic week and we will be back again asap.

1  Thank andrew d