“We love this place”
Review of Big Fish Diving

Big Fish Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Big Fish Diving, a scuba diving and yoga resort based on the beautiful island of Lembongan. We offer daily diving for certified divers as well as the full range of PADI and SSI diving courses. All our staff are fully trained to professional standards and have completed hundreds if not thousands of dives locally. The diving around the Nusa Penida Marina protected area couldn't be healthier, with flourishing vibrant corals and abundant fish life. We are also blessed with year round Manta Ray sightings and the magnificent Oceanic Sunfish from July - October. We also offer accommodation at the Secret Garden Bungalows, daily Yoga classes and are home to the Aquatic Alliance Manta Ray research team.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is our second visit to Secret Garden Bungalows and Big Fish Diving, and obviously would not be returning if less than 100% satisfied.
Secret Garden is a great place to stay - spacious and clean chalets, beautiful pool, decent snacks and breakfast if required, very cold beers and helpful local staff with their beautiful smiles.Not 5 star but excellent value for money.
Tim and his dive centre once again impressed with their professionalism.We dived twice a day for a week with all members of the Big Fish team and always felt safe.The diving was fantastic and the guides experts at finding and pointing out all the interesting stuff.
I trusted Tim and his team to put my 14 year old son through his advanced course, which meant that he would be diving without his overprotective dad for the first time.No problems at all.
After diving the dive staff were always around for a chat, a meal out or a couple of beers on a Friday night.We really felt part of the family.
Also don't miss the interesting marine talks given by the Aquatic Alliance in the Secret Garden Yoga Shack.
Thank you all for a truly fantastic week and we will be back again asap.

1  Thank andrew d
"these guys"
in 14 reviews
"tea and coffee"

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I did my Rescue Diver and DIvemaster course here over 3 months and they were some of the best 3 months of my life. The diving in the Nusa Penida region is fantastic and even after 3 months, I was never bored and I miss the diving like crazy. The staff is awesome, the facilities are great and overall I was very happy there. I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I thought I would be on Nusa Lembongan for three days while I waited for my girlfriend. Then I met Tim, Jacqui, and Mark at Big Fish and the next thing I knew my time in Indonesia was up and I hadn't gone anywhere else... I spent almost a month in this place!

First, the accommodation: beautiful bungalows in a well manicured garden area, far enough from the street to be serene and quiet, but still just a short walk from anywhere you'd want to go. The property centers around a pool which is a great place to relax and meet the other guests. There's a nice place to sit and eat your breakfast or work on your dive theory. And all for a great price, you certainly won't get something of this value in Kuta...

The diving: diving in this area involves entering some strong, sometimes unpredictable currents. The payoff is in the amount and diversity of marine life (molas and mantas). Big Fish has a relatively small boat (max 6 divers plus guides) which means no big groups in the water, you'll certainly see more fish this way! I found the guides to be very professional and intelligent in their briefings and dive planning, advising us of the potential for currents and making sure that we entered the water in the right spot and at the right time in relation to the tide. On occasion currents would switch rather unexpectedly, but in these instances the guides were on the ball in keeping us together and dealing with changing situations. The boat captain was also very attentive as to our location underwater and would never be far away from where we would surface. We had good long surface intervals between dives with a wonderful indonesian lunch and heaps of coffee, tea and water.

And of course, the people! Tim the owner is a wonderful guy, very helpful and knowledgeable about Indonesia. He really went above and beyond, helping me with many things outside of diving and his establishment. I can tell that he really has a love for this region of the world and enjoys what he does. Mark is the main instructor and though I did not do a course with him, from what I saw of his conduct on the boat and in the pool he is nothing but professional. Jacqui, one of the guides, is a lovely girl with great skills in the water and her demeanor on the boat is one that makes her groups leave their day of diving as friends instead of just dive buddies. I came as a customer but left feeling very much as a friend to all of the staff. It is for this reason more than any other that I would recommend Big Fish!

Also worth noting is the on-site yoga. It was my first experience doing yoga and I was honestly more afraid than my first time diving, but the instructor was encouraging and helpful and by the end of it I wondered why I hadn't been doing yoga for years.

Case in point: If you're going to Nusa Lembongan, you should dive with Big Fish!

1  Thank Ben J
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

It was here in the blissful village like surrounds of the secret garden bungalows that I decided to take a leap into the world of scuba diving with my first dive- and in doing so faced a big fear. After holding back for such a long time it was the optimistic and reassuring encouragement and wisdom of the big fish family that enabled me to complete my first dive. Now I am hooked! This is a very beautiful part of the world with much charm remaining and a fantastic sense of community. The local and not so local staff are amazingly generous, humble people with lots of patience for visitors to their paradise and a genuine desire to share tips and stories. Just do it !

See more reviews
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I went to Lembongan hearing rumors of great diving, good current and pristine reefs, and my mind was blown at the very least! it was WORLD CLASS!

First off the dive centre is Awesome, very personalized and professional but very laid back and easy going at the same time, I did a total of 4 dives with mark and with his 5 seasons of experience around the area he is the man to dive with, choosing the dive sites carefully with great results

Our first dive was at a spot called manta bay where we saw 5 manta rays within 30min! second dive was at crystal bay, besides it being the off season for mola mola (oceanic sunfish) mark still managed to find us one (one of the highlights of my dive career!) the dive site was incredible with white tip reef sharks and great macro life.

The next day we checked out a spot called blue corner where the current was checked before the dive with safety being the top priority, we splashed into the water and it was perfect, the combination of good current and great viz made for a great drift dive! with bamboo sharks, big schools of reef fish & pelagics and a couple of turtles hanging around the drop offs! (running out of adjectives to describe this place)
Our second dive was at toya pakha (spelling) off nusa peninda, also a great coral dive with plenty of macro and big stuff around.

The accommodation at the dive centre called secret garden is very affordable and very comfortable, another bonus was the on sight marine biologists Helen & Peter giving talks on manta rays and whale sharks in the evening!

I can not wait for my next trip to nusa lembongan & Big Fish

Thanks again Tim, Mark, Jacqui and the rest of the big fish crew for an all round great experience!

1  Thank Nicholas M