“If you do Introductory Dive, stay away from this dive shop” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Fish Diving

Big Fish Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Big Fish Diving, a scuba diving and yoga resort based on the beautiful island of Lembongan. We offer daily diving for certified divers as well as the full range of PADI and SSI diving courses. All our staff are fully trained to professional standards and have completed hundreds if not thousands of dives locally. The diving around the Nusa Penida Marina protected area couldn't be healthier, with flourishing vibrant corals and abundant fish life. We are also blessed with year round Manta Ray sightings and the magnificent Oceanic Sunfish from July - October. We also offer accommodation at the Secret Garden Bungalows, daily Yoga classes and are home to the Aquatic Alliance Manta Ray research team.
singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you do Introductory Dive, stay away from this dive shop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife did a Introductory Dive with Big Fish while i did 2 recreation dives. The diving was so so they drove us to kind of trash dump dive sites. After the dives I checked with my wife on her Introductory Dive.My dive master Mark was pretty good however It was horrible with my wife's dive master, they have a poster of Introductory Dive which include Pool Dive and Ocean dive, they didn't provide the Pool Dive to my wife and take her directly to ocean. All instructions are verbally on the noisy boat and my wife said there's no instruction of how to balance the pressure under the water until she's already at some depth and feel painful in her ears. This is very important to students that never dive before like my wife. I did Introductory Dive on Sibu island before, they have one session of instructions off pool&sea with several pages of information with pictures showing the signs, much more informative.

Without the Pool dive as stated, they still charged us 600,000 IDR while still charging me costly 500,000 IDR of their mask i lost the mask at shallow water. When i checked out in the morning they are all gone for diving and left me with the bill and some local staffs saying she don't know much and here is the bill.

We rented a bike with their staff (they have a poster of bike renting service at the shop) and she asked me to put back the bike at same location where she gave us the bike. When we drove back to that location which need to pass by the dive equipment area, the owner arrogantly shout at us asking what are we doing and told us to put the bike outside instead so that we don't disturb the guests. If you don't want bike go through there they should have a sign or at least instruct their staffs about this.

Beside of that, the Indonesian manual staffs are very friendly and I like them. I feel closer to them than to the owner and the dive masters.

1 Thank tiendoan1985
Tim B, Manager at Big Fish Diving, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review, it's always good to receive them weather they are positive or not. Good to hear you enjoyed your guided dives with Mark but sorry to hear your wife had a few problems. Informing students about the need to equalise their ears while descending is probably the most important part of the Introductory briefing and after a chat with our experienced Instructor she has assured me that she did talk about it in depth with the aid of a demonstration with her mask. As we are required to do by PADI standards the dive was also started using a mooring line in shallow water which would have helped the descent and any problems your wife would have had with equalising.

It's a shame your wife missed the pool session we had organised for her the day before. Our Instructor did wait around for 3 hours the day before but unfortunately you didn't turn up. As the dive boat was leaving early the next morning there was no time to reschedule the optional pool session.

Regarding the mask that you lost, it is normal for lost and damaged rental gear to be paid for by the guest and it this case we charged you below cost price as the mask was 6 months old.

At the Secret Garden Bungalows to do have designated motorbike parking areas at the front and back with their own entrances from the main road. Finding you driving the noisy motorbike through the gardens and bungalows during Yoga classes after knocking down our gate was upsetting but I am sorry if my tone was inappropriate.

I feel I have responded to your review fairly and hope you can remember Lembongan as the beautiful tropical island it is with welcoming locals and healthy vibrant coral reefs.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great diving and amazing people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I did a discovery dive and an Open Water course at Big Fish diving and couldn't wish for any better. The instructor Mark was absolutely awesome, made me feel comfortable under water, was serious and fun together and had a lot of patience. The diving sites were beautiful, loads of fishes and corals, but also turtles and a lot of manta rays. Amazing! All the equipment was perfect, the location was great and all the people who worked there very nice. If you're thinking about going to Nusa Lembongan and want to dive, Big Fish diving should be your choice.

Sanur
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easy going, safe, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

A friend and I went across to Lembongan to do our Open Water SCUBA qualification, and right from the outset our experience was a positive one. Our emails were answered promptly by Jacqui and Tim (including well-considered responses for the various questions we had), we easily booked dates that suited our travel plans, and the easy-going and relaxed atmosphere of this small operation meant that we got very personalised attention and weren't being hustled along throughout our course. Our instructor, Mark, knew his stuff and we felt in good hands. Although the attached accommodation was booked out, they helped us book next door which we were happy with. The diving sites were great - we saw manta rays on Dive #3! Very happy!

Melbourne
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Brilliant once again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is the second time we've visited Big Fish Diving this year. We love the place, the people and the diving so much that we can't stay away! They make you feel like you feel like you are staying and diving with friends and not just a customer.

This time around we used their new pool which is so nice to relax in after a full day of diving. They also have a new and bigger dive shop. We also ate as many jaffles as humanly possible as no one makes them like they do!

Thanks so much again to Tim, Jacqui, Mark and staff. See you again next year and maybe for a dive master course for Sarah??!!

Sarah and Brendan

Visited November 2012
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“Serious also fun advance dive course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I did my advance with big fish diving and i really glad i did it. My instructor Mark is a serious also fun person. We did some games underwater and i really enjoyed it even i was always lost. I feel more comfortable and confident underwater now. The price for the course is also affordable. Plus special price for the accomodation if u took course with them, great isnt it?The gear and the boat is well maintained and comfort. Thanks so much for all team in big fish diving nusa lembongan. My first choice for diving operator in nusa lembongan.

Visited November 2012