“Professional, well run and friendly dive shop”
Review of Big Fish Diving

Big Fish Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Big Fish Diving, a scuba diving and yoga resort based on the beautiful island of Lembongan. We offer daily diving for certified divers as well as the full range of PADI and SSI diving courses. All our staff are fully trained to professional standards and have completed hundreds if not thousands of dives locally. The diving around the Nusa Penida Marina protected area couldn't be healthier, with flourishing vibrant corals and abundant fish life. We are also blessed with year round Manta Ray sightings and the magnificent Oceanic Sunfish from July - October. We also offer accommodation at the Secret Garden Bungalows, daily Yoga classes and are home to the Aquatic Alliance Manta Ray research team.
Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional, well run and friendly dive shop”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

A small and well organised dive shop. Very experienced instructors who know the local sites and currents very well. Small groups and they will select groups and dive sites based on diver experience. Was impressed with the coral and the chance to see some big fish (apt name for dive shop). Comfortable boat, helpful and safe captain, very nice lunches. Plenty of space to dry gear and the owners put it all away for you in the evening. Owners were extremely helpful when I was planning the trip, they booked my room in Bali and got my boat ticket for me, even picked up a piece of equipment for me from Bali. Healthy discount (20%) if you do more than 12 dives with them. Some discount if you bring your own equipment. Plenty of books to borrow from the shop and you can hire bikes from them. Recommend them, I will go back.

Visited January 2011

Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Diving with big fish was the best dive experience I've had”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Diving with Tim and Big Fish Diving was without a doubt the highlight of our month in Indonesia. Tim is a passionate and experienced PADI instructor which means he can give you accredited dive training at almost any skill level.

Tim is an awesome guide. He knows the best dive sites like the back of his hand. He has a very keen eye and a load of experience which really shows in the way he helps you get the most out of your dives.

No point in bringing your own equipment really. Big fish has a great range of up to date and totally reliable gear which will cost you pittance to hire. Tim has a 'no [--]' approach to business which is very refreshing. His prices are great and he is very honest.

Big fish diving is run from inside the Secret Garden accomodation, also managed by Tim and his partner Reece. Staying here was an absolute pleasure and I would definately recommend it.

Visited January 2011
West Sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Went for 2 nights & stayed for 10!”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed at Secret Garden and dived with Tim at Big Fish in August 2010.
It was superb. On our first (2 dive) day we saw Mantas in the morning and Mola Molas in the afternoon. Really professional, friendly and enthusiastic. Tim has done thousands of dives but still gets excited "...when I see something bigger than me." I did my Divemaster course on Trawangan and the diving here is much much better than any of the Gilis. You won't be dissapointed.

Adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful reefs, great marine life, enthusiatic and organised dive shop”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I recently spent a fantastic week diving with Tim and Reece at Big Fish Diving on Nusa Lembongan. The organisation and set-up is fantastic, the dive sites and marine life are fantastic and there's plenty of enthusiasm for sharing this with you.
The reefs around the islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida are extraordinarily healthy, especially now given the die-off in Malaysia and Thailand due to el Nino. There are enormous table corals and literally fields of very healthy stag-horn coral. Bommies covered in fine branching and soft corals and the water clarity is excellent. The boats used around here are quite small so you will only dive in small groups and Tim the owner is likely to be leading the dive.
His enthusiasm for diving generally and all the marine life on offer means you can dive the way you want. We saw nudibranchs, frogfish, turtles, manta rays, huge jacks and big schools of drummers and at the right time of year the amazing mola mola. How long you want to spend looking at anything is up to you, there was no 'hurry up'.
Due to their closeness to the dive sites they can offer flexible diving arrangements and as we found you can start early and be ending your dive at the popular sites before the dive boats arrive from Bali.
For me this is recreational diving the way it should be with enthusiastic divers at spectacular and varied dive sites.
I'll be going back.

1 Thank simond6
San Francisco, California
“Great Dives - Great Location”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I dived with Big Fish Diving in Lembongan a few months ago and had a great time. When my girlfriend and I decided to go scuba diving in Indonesia, we wanted to travel to the island where I lived before on Gili Trawangangan. So on the way back we stopped by Lembongan island which did not cost anything extra for some scuba diving. Some of the dives were very advanced with some fierce currents and some dives were more relaxing to see the Mantas and Mola Mola fish. I highly recommend this dive shop.