“super chill, super place!”

Ranked #26 of 90 Nusa Lembongan B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“super chill, super place!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is absolutely a great place, better than you expect based on the photos on the web..
The place is gorgeous, very compact, still you feel really you are in nature. It's somehow in balance. The style of the bungalows is great. The people and the place really make you feel at home, straight away. The kitchen is not too fancy but great, esp. the breakfast are the best I had so far this trip. Service is super, although not too overacted..Really, I do not have any negative remarks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Markvandegrift
Pandanavilla, Owner at Pandana Guest House, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Markvandergrift

Thank's heaps for your review of your stay in Pandana Guest House. We love to get feedback on how people enjoyed their stay and particularly how you were looked after.

As you will know we do not manage the hotel on a day to day basis but leave this up too our fabulous team of local Lembongans. I am always inspired when I hear what a great job the staff to do make sure that our guests enjoy their stay.

You are always welcome to come back and returning guests get a 10% if booking through the web or direct and a further 10% if they stay for 7 or more days.
thanks again
Pandana Guest House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Beautifully appointed, great staff, immaculately kept - Pandana was value for money. We were the only guests for 3 days and enjoyed the place to ourselves. I only have positive feedback about my stay here - it was a home away from home and I would thoroughly recommend it to other travellers looking for a secluded piece of paradise.

Room - we had a king & single and the room was huge. The bathroom was also huge and all clean, modern and with gorgeous balinese wooden furniture. We endured two huge overnight storms while staying and not a leak in sight. The power did go out for an hour or so much meant no air con or fan but was restored not long after.

Facilities - excellent, two pools to choose from in such a small resort is a luxury. We spent the majority of the time here, enjoying the odd hit of grass badminton and taking in the sweeping views. The staff put a movie on one afternoon while it rained up in the restaurant area for us which was nice.

Restaurant/food - always presented beautifully and tasted amazing. Didn't even need to consider going anywhere else to eat.

Staff - super helpful, loved a chat, and gave us info when we asked for it. They organised a snorkelling trip for us to Nusa Penida with a local man and boat which was great value for money. It was so clear, calm, and was like swimming in an aquarium with hundreds of fish everywhere. Approx $20AUD for a half day. They also can organise virtually anything - motorbike hire, spa treatments that come to you, etc.

Other - The ride to Pandana is through small local village areas and jungle scrub - and just when you think you are in the middle of nowhere, you arrive. While you are away from the main village, it is a very quick (and steep) 3 minute downhill walk to Tamarind Beach (or 5 minute depending which path you take). If you follow the track around to the right, you get to Coconut Bay (approx 10-15min) where you can hire surfboards, stand up paddle, body boards etc, and paddle out to Playgrounds.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sezzie17
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We were impressed as soon as we got to the resort, it is beautiful so much more so than the pictures show. We had the place virtually to ourselves and the staff were very.helpful and catered to all our needs. Was very sad to leave, would definitely stay again. Only quibble was that the snorkeling trip we took was very expensive and really not worth while, nothing much to see. Obviously this is not a fault of the hotel, but if you want to snorkel go down to the main drag and haggle.

• Stayed December 2012
Pandanavilla, Owner at Pandana Guest House, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest.Thank you so much for the review of your stay at Pandana Guest House. We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that there were no problems.

In response to your disappointment with the snorkling trip i am very sorry to hear about this. I am not sure where you were taken but there is some excellent snorkling off Lembongan when you are in the 'know'. I will follow up on some visitor information to improve our services for these activities.

With thanks
Management
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've never been to Lembongan before so wasn't quite sure what to expect, however when I arrived at Pandana I was blown away!

I stayed in a King with ocean view cottage and was in heaven. A beautiful mosquito net adorned the massive king size bed which had been laden with a simple but spectacular flower arrangement and wonderful plump pillows - amazing!

The room was huge, tastefully appointed with traditional Indonesian furniture and decor. The bathroom was also huge and comprised shower, toilet, vanity, double wardrobe, tea/coffee making facilities and a mini fridge. The only downside of the bathroom was the shower head which, while it looks great, is terrible.

Each of the 9 cottages have their own terrace with either cane chairs (that are seriously comfy!) or a day bed and a coffee table, as well as a clothes airer.

There are two pools, one on the upper level where the restaurant is, and one on the lower level, closer to the cottages. I ate all my meals at the restaurant, and the food was spectacular. A small but adequate menu gave me plenty of choice over 6 days, and it's not excessively overpriced.

The staff really performed well, after initially being a little shy. They were attentive without being over the top and were happy to chat about the island, things to do, history etc and even source motorbikes if you need them. In particular the Manager, Nyoman was very accommodating when I needed some assistance.

It's hard to fault Pandana, however you do need to be aware of a couple of things. One is the number of steps getting to and within the resort - there are a lot, and if you have trouble with a lot of steps (often steep) then you'll struggle. The other is that you really need a motorbike if you want to explore or go to the beach as Pandana is quite isolated, however staff will even drop you off to where you want to go and pick you up.

I wouldn't let these things prevent you from going there, it's a fantastic property, you just need to be aware of these things.

Room Tip: King with ocean view is amazing with spectacular views of the bay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LeeMc15
Dear Lee

Thank you for your trip advisor review following your stay at Pandana Guest House. It was great to hear that all your meals and food were of a high standard and that your accommodation was clean and comfortable, as we pride ourselves on offering quality service at reasonable rates.

Yes there are quite a few steps at Pandana, which we seem to forget about once there as the view and surroundings are so relaxing and secluded it is all worth it. I would also definitely advise all potential guests staying on Nusa Lembongan to hire a motor bike (as there are no cars) and it is a great way to see the island and get around at your own pace.

We look foward to seeing you again
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Don't you love a place where your initial impression is o-oh and when you get there you go awesome :).

So we get off the boat and are greated by our lift arranged by Chris. A bemo. I just smiled at my wife and said this is going to be interesting. We love surprises and chaos. So the bemo bounces along a few km's of road tracks and arrives at a pretty steep path. The driver goes this is it. Two ladies greated us and carried our bags on their heads. Pretty impressive I felt as they were not light. So we follow smiling between ourself going o-oh what have we done.

So we arrive at the entrance to Pandana. Hmm this looks ok, walk up a short flight of steps and get shown to the first room. I stand on the veranda looking out to Mount Agung and the ocean thinking to myself well I know where I will be sitting each morning. Incredible outlook. Go into the room, perfect. It was large, good size bed, aircon was quiet, safe, big bathroom, actual water pressure and spotlessly clean. To the credit of the staff the room throughout our visit stayed like that even on the last day.

Tamarind bay is a short 5 minute walk if that, snorkelling is great from this point. Low tide you get out over the rocks but still easily done and very good. Mushroom bay is a 5 minute bike ride with lots of great restaurants, Dream beach about 6 minutes. The main town about 12 minutes ride. The roads on Lembongan are pretty bad so if you are like us and ride bikes please go slow. Normal spead is 20-30km's it is that bad. If you are a walker Tamaring and Mushroom Bays are very easy to get to. All the main restaurants in town will pick you up so transport is not an issue.

The staff at Pandana really make the place. Wazza/Wadi?? really looked after my wife while I went diving so I am forever greatful to him for spending the time amusing her. Nyoman the Manager is a great bloke and any request was met without an issue very efficient. The restaurant on site has a good selection which is more than adequate we had many meals there which is pretty big as there are many good restaurants close by. Thanks guys you made our stay very easy. To Chris and Fiona all your staff are a credit to you both.

I can highly reccomend Pandana.

Room Tip: Go for Room 9. Best views and the most private.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UrbanJungle1966
Oamaru, New Zealand
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Pandana Guest House on Nusa Lembongan. With breath taking views the villas are nestled in amongst the trees and you feel like you are in another world.

We hired a scooter and explored the island and then returned back to the resort to enjoy the pool and a lovely evening meal.

Breakfast is included and was delicious.

Free wi-fii which is always a bonus.

My only (small) gripe would be that I booked direct on the Pandana website, however if I had booked on Agoda, I would of saved an additional $30. I understand 3rd party websites, however I believe that by booking direct should incur the discount as there is no commissions.

If you want to use the air conditioning you will need to pay extra, however we found the ceiling fan to work just fine.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Pandana for 4 nights and were very impressed with the whole set up. The view from the top of the hill is stunning and the rooms and restaurant are fantastic. Its only a short walk down to the beach. The food was great especially the welcome breakfast and the rooms were well appointed and spotless. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were always on hand to have a chat. With only 9 rooms it was easy to feel like the only people there. Thanks to the great staff lead by Nyoman the host manager for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Pandana is not 5 star nor does it pretend to be, but close enough for Lembongan standards
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple