“Amazing site at Mushroom Bay with incredible friendly and helpful staff!”
Review of Lumbung Bali Huts

and 1 more site!
Lumbung Bali Huts
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We picked this place based on TripAdvisor comments and very glad we did. Everything was even better than we hoped. Mushroom bay is easily the most beautiful and unspoiled beach site in the island; Deam Beach is great too but more isolated and less options for food and accommodations. Lumbung Bali huts was perfect - beautiful, clean, traditional huts, cool outdoor bathrooms with modern conveniences, comfortable king size beds, balconies with ocean view and less than 25 feet from the most beautiful beach.

But the best of all was the Balinese staff. Ketut Galung, the chef and manager is always on hand to help make your daily excursions go smoothly. He helped us with almost all of our travel arrangements, with costs for mopeds, boat trips, snorkeling, massages, etc. easily matching estimated prices in our Lonely Planet and Frommer guidebooks.

He arranged our breakfast (included with hotel stay) to be served at 6 am so we could catch a shuttle boat to Nusa Penida. Even more thoughtful, he bought us sarongs and sashes from his home for our temple visits. Our moped was in excellent condition as it was Ketut's personal transport.

Great food in the restaurant, where you literally eat with your feet in the sand. Staff are exceptionally kind and friendly. Ketut is an excellent chef... Having trained/lived in Osaka, Japan for three years. The Nasi Goreng is the best, along with the fresh pineapple or watermelon juice!!

Yes, there are steep stairs going to upstairs area in huts, feels like "Robinson Crusoe" hideaway and there isn't much space for large suitcases. We had smaller travel backpacks and it works absolutely perfectly for us. We loved outdoor bathroom! Highly recommend the place and wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Travelling-Christine

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great value for money. Right at the white sand beach which is one of the most beautiful in Bali Super friendly staff. Great choice of breakfast. A great place to stay for a relaxing quiet time in Indonesia away from hassle and bustle of Bali.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EAnastasia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice, clean rooms with a very good bed (with good pillows and nice soft sheets!), really friendly and hospitable staff and a very good location at the best swimmingbeach from Lembongan, Mushroom Beach. Not a lot of space in the room around the bed and not a lot of space to store your stuff. So not for people who can't live without a walk-in closet. Nor for people who are not able or willing to climb stairs easily, as the room is one flight up and the bathroom is downstairs. The bathroom is very basic (in relation to the price of the huts) and not looking attractive, but everything was in working order. Contrary to what you may read in some of the older reviews, I did have hot water and good towels. Maybe because I was in an aircon-room?  Furthermore, I was there in the peak season and I did not feel overrun by daytrippers at all. They usually only took up a few of the sunbeds and some would have lunch at the restaurant. There were only two things I really disliked:
1. the uncomfortable chairs on the balcony of the hut; it would be a great improvement if those would be substituted!!
2. the music in de evenings from the resort next door: the same songs over and over again and at times quite loud (although I must say that my one time request to lower the volume was immediately honoured)
I did look at some other places at Mushroom Beach and I did not find any where I would rather have stayed. So a good choice!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CoCo188590
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My Fiance and I strode into Bali without a plan or a place, and managed to read an article about Lembongan. We asked a taxi driver about a good economic place to stay and this was it. The owner was fairly nice but the staff were what really set this place off.
It's fairly basic accomodations in terms of no TV (What we wanted) and not many guests. We stayed here for 4 days and had a great time. Food was straight from the ocean and we were able to hire a mopede pretty cheaply for the time to get around. This allowed us FULL access to both the main island and the small island. Becareful crossing the footbridge on the bike, it's well worth the trip on the other side.

I would stay here again.
Cons - only accepts cash
- The small similar resort nextdoor starts playing their music (on a loop) relatively early. We never did ask for them to turn it down as we are early risers when on vacation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed in one of the huts at for a few days at the start of our honeymoon in June 2011 and had a lovely time. The accommodation is basic, as anticipated, but location is nice and staff were friendly and helpful. Borrow their kayak at sunset and have a paddle about in the bay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theworldisadewdrop
Reviewed October 25, 2011

If you don't care about you hygiene health or cleanleness stay here other wice don't bother and spend 5 us more and stay somewhere clean. we were booked to stay 4 nights and me and my family stayed 1. That says it all

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Emma O
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband was given a warm beer. He requested a cold beervnicely and was given one. However after a lovely meal we were presented with a bill by a larger man. Not the young female that had served us. With my husband at bathroom the larger man returns with our money saying I have given him a 10000 rupiah instead of 100,000. I was surprised but it was dark as only candle light .... I gave him another 100000. When we were leaving explained to husband and. Both knew then that they had duped us. Believe it was about asking for. Old beer! Very disappointing..... What a lovely place but they definitely cheated us as we only took enough money for the night and were left empty handed! They didn't do themselves a favor as we had liked their meal and only 4 tables at dinner. What a terrible way to end fantastic week on this island. Beware ..it is dark with only candle light check your money in front of them!

• Stayed: August 2011