“Great food.... Didn't actually stay in the bungalows so comment on those.”
Review of Linda Beach Resort

Linda Beach Resort
Ranked #18 of 106 Nusa Lembongan B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Have only been on the island for 2 days and have eaten there twice!! The calamari, chips coleslaw and salad is fantastic. My wife had a local dish which was also very tasty.
Staff very friendly and the food comes very quickly compared to many places in Indonesia .

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We spent 3 nights at this place which was recommended by our previous guest house. The only positive point is that they are cheap. Oh, and local staff is really nice. But for all the rest... almost a nightmare ! The location is not convenient (in the north of the village) and to get in the place you have to cross some kind if dirty and desolated area. The rooms are very poor, the door almost don't close, and the cleaning is never done (we had no cleaning or new towels for 3 nights. And above all, the noise from the poultry in the back of the building prevents you from sleeping and begins at 4 in the morning.
What about the owners ? Clearly they do not care.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Caramia00
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Turned up to Linda Bungalows on the recommendation of a friend who stayed when they first opened. I'm guesing they were a lot more pleasant when they were starting up. I rarely want to comment on negative places, but this was not a good stay. My friend & were told when we booked it that it was a minimum 2 nights stay & we had to pay upfront, which we luckily ignored. I can see why this policy is in place! The rooms were adequate & the balinese staff friendly but a good nights sleep could not be had! There is a rooster settlement next door & they set each other off, all day & night & I mean all night! This can be expected in certain parts of bali but it was directly out our window & a construction was going on all day with a bansaw - not exactly the quiet idealic island rest i had imagined. Even this i could handle, but when i spoke to the owner Bruce, he rudely stated that "That is the island", after seeing if we might get a breakfast to ease the pain, he wanted no bar of it as it was high season. He did offer to let us look at another accommodation but this was just on the opposite side of the rooster compound , and an open eaves/roof situation with no mosquito nets - no thank you! On asking if we could just move to one of the vacant front rooms, further from the noise, we could but would be charged extra for the same kind of room. I was told beligerently "if I didn't like it, I could just move". Well certainly didn't want to give this rude being one more rupiah, so we moved to a lovely balinese family-run bungalow 2 doors down called Verona Bungalows. Hardly heard the roosters at all, had a lovely beach-front room for the same price as Linda. The family were interested in our days & stay & helped arrange a very cheap boat for us when we left - couldn't recommend them enough. Forget Linda, the staff were trying but their boss is an uncaring tyrant. Hope this aussie ex-pat learns something from his reviews - rudeness is not very attractive! Would much rather my dollars went to a hard-working balinese family.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, take a front room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank hoppingmouse
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We recently stayed at Linda Bungalows in their "Luxury" Kainalu Villa. Whilst the view was amazing the accomodation left alot to be desired. The photos on their website were somewhat different from what we were confronted with. The rooms are fan cooled which was fine but their were no mosquito nets as shown on their site, the 1st night I spent eaten alive by mozzies and the louvered windows do nothing to drown out the sound of the 30 odd roosters living directly behind the villa, I can confirm that roosters not only crow at dawn but all hours of the day and night! Cold water showers and luxury in my opinion do not go together, although the bucket of water and ladle beside the shower was warmer than what dribbled from the shower. In the hotter months this isnt a problem, sadly we stayed in the cooler time. The only house keeping we received was them sweeping the sand of the balcony, if you want your bed made, clean sheets or towels expect to do this yourself. The villa is advertised as 2 suite shared accomodation which was fine as we travelled with another couple, we were somewhat suprised when on our 1st night we saw the light turn of downstairs... We had a roomie!! We had no idea that someone was renting the room below us, poor guy had our plumbing run directly through his rrom so everytime the toilet was flushed or a tap went on he knew about it, luckily he was lovely and have since made friends. The 2 upstairs "suites" only have a ceiling over the bathroom and 1 dividing wall so unless you want the person in the next room to hear everything you do I suggest you be quiet, very quiet! Luckily the sound of the roosters drown most of the noise out, and like another review said you do find yourself dreaming of mass rooster murder!!!!
By morning 3 we had had enough and moved to other accomodation a few doors down, they advertise luxury and luxury was received, hot water, clean sheets and towels! :)
We met the owners Bruce & Wendy on the 1st afternoon and immediately they were rude about the locals, I have always found the locals to be such kind, caring people, part of the reason I keep returning! The staff are so lovely and dont deserve to be working for such ungrateful people.
Food was good, staff were lovely, accomodation less than impressive. I didnt expect to check into Buckingham Palace but I certainly expected more than we received! Would I stay there again.... NO! There is accomodation popping up all over the island, for the same price as Linda and some cheaper with far more impressive accomodations.
The only luxurious thing I found was the spectacular view from the balcony, which I will warn tread carefully as the floor boards seem somewhat dodgy, might have something to do with the termite infestation that is eating away at the structure!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank procv8z
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I am becoming a regular visitor to Lembongen. I look forward to meeting the owners, Bruce and Wendy and their genuinely happy and helpful staff. During my last trip to Bali I had an unfortunate incident. Bruce and Wendy were forthcoming in their help and I have them to thank for taking the stress out of the situation that could have blighted my holiday.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed at Linda's twice in March 2011. Before my second visit I read some of the Trip Advisor reviews, which were cause for concern. I would not condone any rude or offensive behaviour, but also felt that the staff need customers to keep them in a job. So I went back with an open mind. On both occassions I had an upstairs room with a sea view, the cost of rooms is graded by how close they are to the sea, and whether they are 'detached'; many have partial sea views which I loved. The rooms have fan and cold water (if you want hot water on the island you may need to go 'up market') and were good value for money. The smell of sea weed pervades the island and Linda's is not quiet - it is next door to a simple village where the cocks and other odd sounding creatures wake very early. I was also awoken by the smoke of open fires. But this is Lembongan life.....you also have the lapping of the waves and wonderful views of the sea .It's pretty quiet and sleepy during the day. There is a lot of construction work on the island, so bear this in mind when choosing accommodation. I fear it will rapidly change, so get there before it does. Lembongan is a relatively poor island, so hot water for showers and for washing sheets is less available..the sheets will be fresh although sometimes a little stained. I asked for mine to be changed and was given new sheeets without question. The local water supply is the local water supply... The island does have an Australian influence, e.g. reflected in the menus. Most budget places do not provide breakfast..Linda's does..albeit just tea and toast, but other options can be paid for on top. Many people liked the restaurant, but I thought it overpriced, as are others on the sea front. Better, cheaper local food can be found away from the sea front. Try Ketut's Warung which is nearby and set back from the beach.. an experience and big portions or Pondok Baruna on the main street. Business was quiet when I was there in March, so accommodation owners need to up their game, and when you arrive you can always leave your bag somewhere (I think it is quite safe to do so) and take a look around, in the low season you can bargain, especially if staying a few nights. I'm not sure if Linda's has wi-fi but next door, Agun Shipwrecks restaurant does. I'd recommend a trip to Dream Beach for some quiet and great waves, I paid 50 Rupiah to use the resort's infinity pool and loungers..bliss! But there is a bit of shade on the beach which is free.

Room Tip: Good value, somesea views but the cocks are noisy
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CM50
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Located on far north western edge of the beach, we stayed at this guest house over Christmas. We arrived via the faster (and substantially more expensive) boats. The upside of paying more is that the crew loads/unloads your luggage, which saves you the grief of carrying your bags through the surf, and they also deliver you and your bags to your hotel. This was particularly nice as many hotels are located on a beach that doesn't have a proper walkway. We were actually a little sceptical when we first got dropped off at Linda's when we had to walk past piles of rather rank and off-putting rubbish at the rear of the guest house, and were quite relieved to see that the buildings were in fairly decent shape.

The decor of our room was sparse, the lighting cold and stark but for the most part clean. It was your basic no frills room, just a bed and drying rack. We knew before hand that none of the rooms would have hot water, which is typically not a problem when the climate is warm. Unfortunately we came when there were quite a number of sudden downpours so we got caught in the rain a few times and having a hot shower would have been nice. It came as a surprise that the water from the shower and the tap was brackish so after a shower 'refreshing' isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

We stayed four nights but the sheets were never changed so they got covered in sunscreen quite quickly. We had run into the owners (an older retired Australian couple) at dinner on the second night and asked to have our sheets changed in the morning but this never happened perhaps they forgot. Luckily we had two beds in our room so we were able to shift to the other one. I'm fairly certain if we had asked one of local staff, our sheets would have been changed. The local staff were absolutely wonderful; they were cheerful, incredibly helpful and hardworking. It is quite unfortunate that we have to agree with other reviewers when it came to the attitude and service provided by the foreign owners - disagreeable at best.

The crowing from the cocks each and every day was the absolute most memorable event of our stay at Linda's. The belief that cocks crow when dawn breaks is only partially true - at Linda's they crow the most at dawn, which is about 4 am. However they can be heard crowing throughout the night and for most of the day as well. The crowing at dawn is simply ungodly and you find yourself fantasizing of poultry murder.

Given the wide array of other accommodations available on the island within the same price range or lower that come with hot fresh water showers and owners that smile, I would not recommend Linda's.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple