“loved it!”

Ranked #4 of 47 Pangandaran B&B and Inns
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“loved it!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I liked the vibe at this place, very homey and staff are more than friendly.
price is more than reasonable and rooms are spacious with a privet western bathroom.
This place helped make my stay in Pangandaran more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This a nice place very chill out, rooms are pretty basic and cleanish. Location is very good and breakfast was nice. We stayed here 6 nights, and we had a nice time except for a few things, that they could easily improve. There were people smoking all the time (including the staff who smoked inside the living area and outside our room window which made the rooms very smelly) it was pretty much impossible to get away from the cigarrette smoke. The owner and the cleaning lady are very nice and always willing to help with a big smile, BUT the woman (receptionist) who is in charge when the boss is not, is very unpleasent and rude. Because we changed the room (it was noisy) she was upset and gave us the cold shoulder; when we payed for our last night she overcharge us 1 night by a mistake with the date of arrival, even though we were able to show her, with our bus ticket, our arrival date she gave us a mischieveous look for her mistake, when we left she didn't even answer to my 'good morning' and hide to not say goodbye to us, it's a shame 'cause the vibe of this homestay is really nice but this lady attitude was a big put off.

Room Tip: The rooms on the inside are much more quiet than the ones outside, specially room E which is bigger...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank delikafe
katrininjava, Propriétaire at Mini Tiga Homestay, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your words about us. for the good :) and the not so good..I just feel sorry for the bad experience with the receptionnist and her bad mood. I make a deep apologize. I appreciate your critics also for what happens when I'm not here and I cannot control (especially about mood and cigarettes). That help me and i will speak about that. I always say to the girls the clients are kings !! except this story I hope you felt good with us and hope to welcome you again !! Hi from pangandaran beach :) and sorry for my bad frenchy english
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved staying here!
Friendly, helpful staff and cool court yard for hanging out, meeting other travellers, reading in the hammok, enjoying a cold beer after surfing lessons with Kurnia at Pangandaram beach - I might add, he is thee best surfing teacher and a cool guy who always seems to be close by.
Rooms have character and although a bit noisey, location is great! Close to the surf beach and to Malibu Restaurant and Bar where they too also make your stay in Pangandaran great with killer chicken sammies and delicious Indonesian food.
Breakfast is simple but soooo good here at Mini Tiga - highly recommend the banana pancake! Private bathroom, wifi, comfy beds and a chilled out atmosphere.. What more could you want when staying near the beach?!
Don't forget, the yoghurt here too is divine!! Stay here, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013
thanks for staying with us . it was a pleasure..:) Hope to see you again
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is one of the top hostels for atmosphere and service that i have had the pleasure of staying at. My girlfriend and I have probably stayed in 40 or so different hostels on three different continents and agree that this one is special. It isnt the cleanest and doesnt have the best facilities but it still manages to make you comfortable. The choices at breakfast are nice and the communal area invites people out of their rooms for reading and conversations all day. The town itself is very very laid back and this place seems to be perfectly equipped to match it step for step. The bathrooms leave a bit to be desired but c'mon, its Indonesia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hasafat
Dorset
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I feel abit bad giving this place an average but it's because there are other places for the same price that are more up together. The beds were not comfortable and I didn't get much sleep, also they leave the court yard lights on at night so the light comes through the air vents into the rooms. The bathroom toilet was abit pongy, and the cistern was broken. The shower practically didn't work so we had to go without until we moved accommodation.

The breakfast was lovely and the staff are very polite. There is free tea and coffe all day, free wifi and free use of a computer. There's a fridge where you can buy beer and water and homemade yogurt, which was delicious.

The courtyard is lovely to relax in but seems that many hawkers know this and so you are approached a lot asking if you want a massage, to go on a trip or to get surfing lessons which gets abit annoying if you're trying to read a book or research something on the Internet. The price has increased to 120,000 rp pn but this is to cover the tsunami costs from 2006....so I was told despite the 2010 lonley planet quoting 50-60,000.

The lady that runs this place is constantly on the go and she does a good job. I would recommend this place but because I didn't get much sleep after 3 nights we had to leave.

Room Tip: Get a room inside and not by the courtyard. You hear motorbikes go up and down the alley all night...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family