“Favorite Stop Along the Way”
Review of Katok Tecpan

Katok Tecpan
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Guatemalan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Katok es un restaurante familiar, donde podrás encontrar una variedad de comidas, desayunos, snacks, wafles,platos fuertes, postres y bebidas. Los fines de semana nuestro tradicional Cerdito a la Barbacoa. Un ambiente agradable y amplio parqueo.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Katok is a favorite stop along the way for our service group. We have eaten breakfast, stopped just for coffee, or had some snacks. The cookies are great- pick up a package to take with. There are souvenirs for sale in the foyer, if you like that, but inside the service and the food are the reason we continue to stop.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped here for coffee before visiting the Mayan ruins at Ixomche, and decided to come back for lunch. A bit touristy, but it had great food and a very hospitable staff. The food was delicious!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stopped here for a quick break more times than not. I usually buy their banana bread, a cup of coffee, and home made potato chips, and smoked meats (salami, serrano ham, bacon, and sausages) if I do not have time for a sit down meal.
When I have time, the meals are fantastic. It is all about the smoked and grilled meats, so I am not sure a vegetarian would find much here; but us carnivores will love it. I love the huge wooden tables made from a single piece of Guanacasta wood. They are beautiful works of art, and combined with the huge cabin like space of the restaurant and the grilling fire pits make this a perfect place for a comfort-food meal.
They do not mind if you only stop to use the bathrooms, and they are clean and fresh. But I bet most people buy something before they leave.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

For over 20 yrs I still stop at Tecpan to join a good piece of meat, a cup of very good coffee or simple relax my legs on the way to chichicastenango.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Travelling to the lake we stopped off here on route. Fabulous place to break up the journey. A plato típico type of place with wonderful grilled meats. A very popular place which can get busy, but worth the wait if it is busy.