“Excellent budget hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bezannes
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent budget hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights so we could explore Reims and the surrounding area. We'd stayed there the year before as we passed through the area and decided it would be a useful base for a longer stay.

It is the best budget hotel we've ever used and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. When we we're unable to use the ticket machine for the tram (right beside the hotel) the young lady used her card to get us the tickets - that was above and beyond and excellent customers service. There is also a very good restaurant no more than 100m from the hotel called Le Parvis and it is recommended too.

A warning for all UK travellers wishing to use the (otherwise excellent) tram service in Reims - it doesn't accept UK credit or debit cards. Be sure and have €1.50 per person in cash before you attempt to buy a ticket as the drivers aren't at all helpful when you explain you have only got a €10 note!

The hotel is also right beside the TGV station and very close to the A4 so very good for transport connections.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good and it's no more than 2 or 3 years old.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Philip H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014

we stayed at 4 different B & B hotels on our last trip through France,
the prices were very reasonable approx 35 euro's for a double room
the rooms were excellent value and all had en suite facilities, tv and wi fi
for an extra 6 euro's we enjoyed a very good self service continental breakfast which also included bacon and scrambled eggs.
locations are good and all seem to have decent restaurants nearby.
we will certainly use them again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank clive h
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel locates in a suburb of Reims, but has a very good connection possibilities with both Paris, by TGV trains and Reims city center by charming futuristic trams.
The staff was very friendly and helpfull for our requests.
The suurounding atmosphere was amazing with a smell of flowers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vladimir B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was crossing France directed to Ireland and I needed a place to stay. I have stayed at F1 hotels in the country before, and I wasn't pleased. Sure, they're really cheap...but personally I always encountered problems with them. So, I decided to change to something else this time. Enter the B&B Hotel in Reims Bezannes. My reasons for stopping here were: 1. it's close to the highway towards Calais; 2. it's cheap enough (50 something euro for a double room); 3. it has transport right on the doorstep, by TGV to Paris or tram to Reims; 4. importantly, reception is open 24 hours; 5. they have a dedicated, free car park; 6. they serve breakfast. I arrived very late, was checked in quickly and asked if I wanted breakfast the morning after, as croissants had to be ordered from the baker in that case. I declined because I wanted to sleep in, but the fact they order croissants fresh every morning for guests is a good sign. I was also told there was absolutely no problem with checkout, and to take my time (I found later it's at a very comfortable time, 12-12.30 PM). The building looks newly built and the room was pleasant, comfortable, well-appointed and really clean. Even though the TGV line is really close by and my room faced the station, I couldn't hear any noise from it, either by night or by day. The next day at 12 PM, I left my luggage with the staff and went over to Reims for a short visit. Although the hotel sits in the middle of an area in development (think new buildings coming up and trees being planted, but otherwise a pretty deserted rural landscape) It took only about 10 minutes by tram, which looked as new as the hotel, to reach the city centre. I visited the cathedral, had a really nice lunch in the main square and then went back to the hotel, right on time to retrieve my luggage and leave. The staff was very helpful throughout my stay, including after I had checked out. I was very pleased with this B&B hotel and will stay again in hotels from the same chain if passing through France.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Antarie
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here one night to break up a long road journey. The hotel was easy to find using GoogleMap (my sat-nav of choice) although worth noting my boyfriend's older satnav could not find the new street name. Reception were pleasant and helpful, check-in quick and easy and the rooms clean and comfortable. All very new and in excellent condition. Very quiet and peaceful, despite raging winds outside. Certainly could not hear the train or tram.

Breakfast was basic and not to all of our tastes but put something in our stomachs before getting back on the road and we topped up later.

Only slight negative was one of the the bed-side light switches in our room and also in the room next door seemed to have a slightly dodgy connection and crackled scarily once when I switched it so I just left that alone. My boyfriend's son who was in the room next door later complained to us that one of his bedside light switches had given him a small electric shock. We should have informed reception really but forgot. Hopefully they'll read this. I don't think it's a serious problem. Just a couple of switches that need looking at.

It is indeed in the middle of nowhere but for us, wanting something easy and quick to access from the motorway it was perfect. And if you wanted something to use as a cheap and quiet base for exploring or working in Reims I imagine this is pretty good as the tram is literally on the doorstop. I'd check what time the trams stop though.

Certainly recommend as a stopover and would use again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Left late on a Sunday night and stayed in this B&B in Reims, new place sorted out well by the young man on the desk there is nothing else to do which is what you want good nights sleep, did not have the breakfast, did not here the TVG as well

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We caught the TGV from Strasbourg and arrived at the TGV station quite late at night. We did not realise that the hotel was just down the steps from the station, and jumped on another local train into Reims itself. The trams had stopped for the night, so 28Euros later, a taxi deposited us at the hotel. The next morning, we found how close to the TGV station we actually were!
The room was comfortable, and the staff very accommodating - they booked us another night at the drop of a hat when we found that the next day's travel was interrupted by a train strike.
Breakfast was good.
Outside, there was a lot of nothing - just empty fields covered in Flanders poppies and quite beautiful. The area had been the site of some WW1 and WW2 battles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bezannes
Ibis Reims Tinqueux
#3 of 10 in Tinqueux
Centre Erlon-Est
Ibis Reims Centre
Ibis Reims Centre
#13 of 68 in Reims

Been to B&B Hotel Reims Bezannes? Share your experiences!