“Lovely spa at the beach”

Meresuu Spa and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Narva-Joesuu
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Within ten years from now, Narva-Joesuu will certainly have regained the glory of those days it was a mondaine beach resort. The past couple years, we have noticed a lot of reconstruction. This area has it all, beautifully situated between the trees right next to the beach.

Meresuu hotel fits perfectly and must be the first of many more smaller and bigger spa hotels to come. The staff is very friendly and most people speak at least some to very good English.

Our dog was very welcome too though € 15 per night we thought not cheap. The building is well accessable with a wheel chair, and there even was a snow path on the beach that was ok with a wheelchair.

The package with room and treatment worked out great. The rooms are very comfortable and the wellness area is just as lovely as the treatments itself. We loved just sitting on the couch on the 11th floor and watch the Baltic sea.

Foodwise, both the buffet as the a la carte menu was very tasty. Don't forget the big pool area with many different pools (and a bar) and fantastic sauna area with many different saunas (steam, aromatic, salt, and regular sauna). My favorite, the 40 degrees C/104F (!) bath!

Although the Russian border town of Narva wasnt too interesting for us, there is enough to explore in the area, and the Meresuu hotel and direct surroundings are an oasis to relax, take a walk or just enjoy the views and enjoy.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors with sea view are our favorite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spader2

Reviewed October 8, 2012

After looking around I decided to book the Meresuu Spa & Hotel because it was a large hotel with a fair price and rating.

We arrived at the hotel close to 9 am and it was both raining and very dark. I was quite pleased that I had picked a large hotel that my GPS could find because it was mighty dark. The hotel was huge if I compared to everything else that I could see in the area.

I parked the car in the free parking just outside the main entrance. I hurried in the rain into the reception where a couple of young persons standing in the reception greeted me, and luckily they both spoke quite good English. The managed to find my booking and gave me a room on the sixth floor.

The room was smaller than I had anticipated but it was still quite okay. There was a king size bed and a desk where I could work. The problem was that I could not make the Wi-Fi work in my room. I was travelling with one of my friends and he had gotten a room next to that was a bit larger. Because it was quite late we decided to eat in the restaurant in the hotel, so we decided to meet in the restaurant.

The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived and we decided to settle with their buffet and a couple of beers. The meal was nothing special; it was like something you have at work. It was the same place that they served the breakfast the following morning and I was not impressed with that either.

We decided to visit their piano bar in the basement to have a drink and it was quite a plastic bar with all black furniture and laud music. Their mojito was quite nice but that was also all positive that you could say about the place but it was also outside their season.

I slept very well because it was dark and very quiet. The shower was really nice and I took a long warm shower because the autumn had really entered Estonia the day before. The price was fair.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Travelling to Russia we have visited SPA hotel located near Narva,Estonia (about 20 minutes driving by car). Great located on the coast of Gulf of Finland, it is very likes to Jurmala, Latvia. Hotel pretty nice, modern and have great view to the Gulf and forest around it.Breakfast very good.Staff not very professional.SPA pretty good with many pools and water streams, saunas. Temperature of pools are less than written at them.Restaurant meal (dinner) you have to book only before 18.00 or take buffet for 14 Euro for adults. There are some incorrect information about hotel on web site and at Booking.com (prices and conditions).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank andronNDT
Reviewed September 9, 2012

First of all its very soviet. Basic not luxurious. It is probably the only reasonable place in this area but that is not good enough. I would recommend everyone to choose a spa that is run by Estonians because those tend to be better quality in service and everything. This spa had all russian staff. I was pleasantly surprised that most of the staff managed to speak three languages at least but staff in the wellness centre speaks only russian.

positive-Spa is in a very nice location next to a beach. Very nice views from the higher floors. treatments felt nice and were done by true professionals. And these were the only positive things.
negative- I booked our treatments by email. The person who managed my booking said that they will send me the exact time table via email. She never did. When I arrived to the hotel it turned out that they did not have my treatment bookings. No one apologized. I did not get the times I wanted. The room was dirty. bathroom was all yellow and disgusting. They should use bleach! its so easy! I do not understand why they dont do it properly. There was black hairs everywhere. Internet did not work properly. Buffet breakfast and dinner was tasteless and the choice was poor. Wellness centre was sooooo cold. It is hard to enjoy the massage when you feel really really cold. Worst thing about this spa hotel is the a la carte. worst food ever!! It was just disgusting. The overall experience was stressful not pleasant. I will not go to that spa again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank KaisaJoe
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Visited Meresuu Spa hotel in Narva-Jõesuu in March. Tha atmosphere is ok. The rooms are quite clean, but a lot of dust under the sofa and bed in the rooms. As we have a little crawling baby it was disturbing for us!The food during breakfast is ok, but not very big choice,actually. I would like more juices and fruits. Nice to visit water park with sauns...Thanks! will come again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kissssy
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Plus: local spa, including different type of saunas, few small pools, outdoor kind of "jacuzzi"; location 100m away from the sea; free wi-fi; smoking rom in basement - useful in winter period, then temperatures in this area could drop below -20
Minus: prices in the restaurant too high for this part of Estonia, however food there were reasonable; neigbourhood might look strange sometimes for first time travellers in that area, as in close to new villas and apatments you may find totally deserted houses

probably the only place in Narva you could stay for business purpose and/or event

Room Tip: ask room with view to the see
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I took the summer SPA break in between of two jobs, and get required relaxation in full.

Rooms quite spacious and well equipped, I was lucky to have one with a bath tube and nice view (not from the bathroom, though). I usually have problems with hotel pillows, but those were good enough.

Breakfast was nice, except for some national cookings - but the same you will find in many hotels in Estonia and Finland. I also ordered lunches (9 EUR for a buffet), and it was more than value for money. Dinners were included in my 3-days package, but I was not happy with the meals - one day they had no salmon at all, and the other cooked the salted salmon instead of just raw one... Uneatable it was.

Pool center included in the price is nice and not that crowded. I had taken SPA treament, and the woman was quite professional and attentive.

Narva-Joesuu is an excellent place for relaxing, it is quite and with very fresh air thanks to the pines and sea. There are several SPA hotels there, of which Meresuu I consider the best. It is not really close to the food shop, but the town itself is tiny and all is walking distance from each other. Come better in July to September, and you will have a chance to swim in the sea and sunbath.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narva-Joesuu
Noorus Spa Hotel
Narva Hotell
Narva Hotell
#1 of 2 in Narva
Narva-Joesuu Health and Spa Hotel

Been to Meresuu Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!