This beautifully situated inn was a huge disappointment, primarily because of their attitude to small children. We were a party travelling with a 1-year-old and two 2-year-olds. Our children are generaly well behaved and we have received compliments in the past about how well behaved they are in restaurants, etc. But on this occasion we were made to feel utterly unwelcome. One of our children was tapping a pepper pot on the table for less than 10 seconds as my partner went to stop him and the landlord/bar person pointed aggressively and raised his voice at our child. This was a ludicrous over-reaction and utterly inappropriate.
From the very beginning, we were treated coldly . We are experienced travellers with our young children and I can say that this is the worst experience we have ever had. If you have young children, I would not advise using this establishment.
Furthermore, if the place doesn't welcome young children, then they should say so. We were very happy to leave and go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hambro Arms is located in the picturesque and historic village of Milton Abbas, in the heart of beautiful Dorset. Milton Abbas, which features on many picture postcards of Dorset, is a 'chocolate box' village, with identical thatched cottages and a unique history. It is believed to be the first 'planned village' in England. The bar and restaurant with rooms, offers exceptional food and newly-refurbished bedrooms offering all of the charm of the historic building with modern conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Hambro Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hambro Arms Hotel Milton Abbas
- Hambro Arms Milton Abbas, United Kingdom