Original hotel and restaurant in a beautiful village.
The dinner was excellent, good food, service and wine. Also breakfast very good.
Our family room was o.k. The extra sofabed is rather uncomfortable, even for kids. Our room had a connecting door to another room, with resulting noise. There was one large spider in the room.
Overall: it's a very charming, old place and the pros including the restaurant certainly make up for the small disadvantages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hambro Arms is located in the picturesque and historic village of Milton Abbas, in the heart of beautiful Dorset. Milton Abbas, which features on many picture postcards of Dorset, is a 'chocolate box' village, with identical thatched cottages and a unique history. It is believed to be the first 'planned village' in England. The bar and restaurant with rooms, offers exceptional food and newly-refurbished bedrooms offering all of the charm of the historic building with modern conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hambro Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hambro Arms Hotel Milton Abbas
- Hambro Arms Milton Abbas, United Kingdom