Hi Valley Motor Inn
Horizon Inn(Valleyview)
Shamrock Motel(Valleyview)
Western Valley Inn(Valleyview)
TripAdvisor
Royal Star Motor Inn(High Prairie)
  • Restaurant
Key Inn Motel(High Prairie)
TripAdvisor
Peavine Inn & Suites(High Prairie)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Given the reviews, I expected better...Yes they do accept pets and that was my need that particular day...But the Windows were leaking cold air to the point of having a coat of ice on the Inside frame, the toilet valve was constantly running becausse the water was going directly down the bowl, the bathroom linen was soiled, yes clean but stained and the carpets were less than fresh... For that price, I expected better... To their defence, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you have pets...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed one night out of desperation. I'll never be that desperate again. The AC was a hole in the wall, the carpet had cigarette burns and the beds were complete garbage. The only people who frequent this hotel are road crews and rig workers so be warned.

Seriously, if you're tired just pull off to the side of the road and rest your head on a bag of Cheetos before walking into this hole.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Broken_Bonsai
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I needed a pet friendly motel after a long day on the road, and had no luck late in the evening in Grand Prairie. Headed on to Valleyview and found this hotel on my GPS. Very nice lady at reception told me they had a room, and mentioned that the front sign had blown down. Got there and yes, the sign had blown down, a few years ago from the look of it. Obviously an oil- crew-type hotel, badly in need of a facelift. Lobby smelled like men who have been away from home for a very long time: not great. Resigned myself to a grungy room and reminded myself I just needed a place to rest my head for the night. However, reception was lovely, I got a pet-friendly room, passed a bank of gleaming coin washers and dryers if I had needed them, and when I opened the door to my room I was blown away by the unexpected quality. It had obviously been recently renovated with fresh paint and new carpets. It smelled good, had a new flat screen tv with tons of satellite channels, nice bathroom, comfy bed, quality pillows, and second door that opened onto the parking lot for easy pet access. Big surprise! Had a great sleep. Outside looks can really be deceiving. I'm sure the hotel doesn't get a lot of drive-by business and I don't know that I'd recommend it for a family stop, but as a place to sleep that is pet-friendly and reasonably priced, I would definatetly stop there again.

Room Tip: I got a newly renovated pet friendly room that opened onto the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Called Hotel.com to reserve a room for 5 adults. Paid them for a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Arrived at the Inn and were informed that no such room was available. It was TOO bad that we paid through Hotels.com and that they would not reimburse us any of the money that we paid for a suite and ended up having to pay for another room to accommodate all 5 adults. Hotels.com would also not reimburse us any money for paying for a suite and not getting one but having to book another room on top of that. Looks like an expensive lesson I learned. Very Old Inn. Lights flickered, no plug in in very dim bathroom. The room we had the 2 queen beds were slanted with one side lower on each bed. If we weren't desperate we would never have stayed. Free breakfast does not include coffee. Ha Ha.

Room Tip: No good rooms here I'm sure.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We didn't expect much, and it seems they stay in business because riggers book up so many rooms in town. Lack of choice must leave this stinky, smokey, damaged motel as a last resort. No hot water, scary ceiling, and smelly. It's possible that the sheets were clean, but you will feel yucky just being there. Skeeziest place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: November 2011