“Paradoxically so...”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valleyview
Three Hills, Canada
“Paradoxically so...”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Gateway to the Canadian 'Peace country', Valleyview is a drab, dumpy little town that you 'have' to go to, not 'want' to. So, the name of the Inn, 'Paradise' is somewhat of a conundrum! Having said that, the hotel is very comfortable and well equipped. Pleasant indoor pool with waterslide & good excersize room. Distinct from typical 'free breakfast' offerings of most other places, you'll receive a good selection of fruit, cereal, yogurt & even waffles with strawberries & whip cream. I've stayed here many times as I'd rather pay a little more and enjoy than some of the other hitching posts in town. So, I guess, relative to the town & sourroundings, in a paradocial kind of way, this Inn is a little bit of relief & 'paradise'.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Swazimac
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Swazimac,

Great Review! Although we would characterize Valleyview differently than you i can't disagree on your description of our property. It' s nice to have a small gem in unknown places isn't it? In regards to our breakfast we are encouraged by your insight and we will continue to provide a balanced nutritious start to all of our guests day. Thank you and we can't wait to have you here again.

1-877-552-2338

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband travels a lot for work and we (myself and 2 small children) often travel with so we get our fair share of hotel stays. There are a few things we really appreciate about this hotel - the longer breakfast period (5am-11am is great, especially with sleepy littles in tow), service is excellent - very pleasant and helpful people at the front desk and promptly delivered a crib to our room when asked. The pool and waterslide is so fun, pool water a little on the chilly side. The breakfast is simple, but you can get most anything you like (just kind of miss the hot breakfast items you can get at other hotels) - but the pre made French toast warmed up in the toast was actually really good. All in all a great stay and we highly recommend.
Also some reviewers mentioned idling trucks in the rear of the hotel being a problem. We had a rear facing room and they did run all night - but not at all bothersome. It kind of provides 'white noise' and if your heater/fan is on you can't even hear a thing.

• Stayed April 2013
JohannaH2012_08,

Thank you for your very positive review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our water slide and pool area as it sounds like you had a blast with the kids. Great to hear! We try to offer as much variety as possible with our breakfast, so i am glad that you enjoyed our french toast. I like it too! Thank you and we cannot wait to have you as our guest once again.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a few times already. Usually pretty good. My last stay however was more of a nightmare. I stayed in November and it was pretty old outside. I had facing the rear of the hotel. The night I was staying at this place 27 oil rig semi trucks were parked in the rear just below my window. ALL of them idling all night. First of all the noise was bad, but worse were the exhaust fumes filling up the ENTIRE hotel. By the time morning was here, I was coughing badly and had runny eyes. I went outside to get some fresh air but when I came back inside the hotel the exhaust fumes were bad.

I had mentioned this to the front desk but was simply told "what can I do" well here is a hint for management, other hotels I stay in prohibit trucks from idling of they property, so how about you adopt this. It's a health hazard to sleep in these fumes.

Otherwise this is a nice place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
71gonzo71,

Paradise Inn and Suites Valleyview sure doesn't like when a guest has a bad night but we are also glad that you have had many good nights here before. As you may be aware our hotel is situated in the heart of Alberta's resource based economy, so we must cater to all of our guest needs. Sometimes it is hard to balance everyone's needs but we try our best. We built our big truck parking so that people driving smaller vehicles could park in front of our the hotel and not have to worry about finding a parking space because the big trucks used to take up a lot of realty out front. Since the inception of this truck parking we have had mostly positive feedback. I know you must have been frustrated with the front desks response, but what really can they do? It is unreasonable for them to make sure every vehicle in our lot is turned off during a night that is -35 Celsius. I hope that you will understand that we are here to try and please everyone and sometimes this is just unattainable. Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there a couple nights ago. And was worried at how nice of a place valley view could have as I heard stories that there wasn't much to offer. I arrived a bit later at night and was greeted by a friendly front desk lady who was speedy on my check in, the hotel is in a great location. And the room was really nice. Beds were very comfy. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. If work requires me in valley view again I will definately stay here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelling_norm
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights recently. I am being honest when I say this is easily the best hotel I've stayed at. My wife and toddler loved the complementary service and amenities, as did I of course. Housekeeping was top notch as was the front desk, Thank you all for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to our next stay, and to future guests, don't forget to try the waffles, they're amazing!

Room Tip: The only thing I would've done different was get a seperate bedroom area, as I kept waking up ou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Wow! I am so glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at the Paradise Inn & Suites. We pride ourselves in the time we take for all of our guests needs. Guests ALWAYS come first at the Paradise Inn & Suites and it shows in your review. I will pass this review on to the rest of our team. Thank you and we cannot wait to see you again!

Calgary
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I spent a night in the Paradise recently, and was very pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting much from a small town hotel located on the highway, but this place really shines. The staff at the front desk are very friendly, free wifi, clean, modern rooms, very comfy beds, and to top it all off.....right next door to a Tim Horton's. It's really nice to be able to get my THC (Tim Hortons Coffee) fix first thing in the a.m. without having to drive anywhere. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable stay while in Valleyview.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor, and if possible, one on the opposite side to the highway. Ve...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the very positive review of our property. As always, I commend the team we have in place as these are the people that make your stay what it is. Thank you again and don't hesitate to stop by for a coffee on us if you're ever passing through.

Regards,

Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I travel all over Alberta each year for work and require a "true" handicap room. You would be amazed at what many hotels call a handicap room. Many install a hand rail in the tub and call it a day. The Paradise Inn & Suites in Valleyview took the time and expense to make a room with the handicap traveler in mind. A roll in shower with a hand held shower head, taps located by the shower seat were you can reach them, wide doorways, higher wall power plugs, the considerations just go on and on. A hotel with a great attention to detail and were the needs of their clients always come first. The Paradise Inn & Suites was just great. From checking in, dealing with polite, helpful and pleasant staff to staying in a nice large clean room with all the details given to what a handicap room should have. I just can’t say enough about how wonderful my stay there was. Comfortable beds, lots of pillows, top notch staff and all at a very reasonable rate.
I will stay here again whenever I am in the area. Trust me, check it out. You will be happy you did.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Irven S,

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review. We take disabilities very seriously here at the Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview and it shows in the way we have designed our accessible rooms. I need not go into great detail as you have already taken the liberty of describing what excellent facility's we have. I am so glad that we can accommodate great guests like yourself and have you leave refreshed and ready for a new day just like every guest would expect no matter what the challenges may be. Thank you again and we cannot wait to have you as our guest again.

Wishing you all the best,

Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview