“Best ice-cream you can get in Brussels!”
Review of Il Monello

Il Monello
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

By far, far away the best gelataria place with best ice-creams you can get in Brussels city!

I like the tradicional flavours chocolate and vanilla (ok guilt :p) but already tried other flavours and they are very good.

I had the best ice-creams in Sicily London and Lisbon and this one is not much far from these ones' quality.

Well worth the stop and grab one on the go!

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Not wanting a large dinner tonight, we opted instead for fried rice balls with cheese (Arancini) which came with a small salad and few slices of whole wheat bread and butter. The Arancini were so good that they reminded us of the rice balls we ate in Sicily - the birthplace of Arancini! Following dinner we headed over to the gelato counter and were provided with several samples of gelato before we made our respective choices. Each of us firmly convinced that we picked the best flavors that Il Monello has to offer. The bottom line is that no matter what the flavor-- You Can't Go Wrong! Monello's Gelato is really great!

Reviewed September 3, 2016

During the hot days in Brussels, it's a really good place to enjoy an ice-cream, a sorbet or a granite. They have quite a wide choice of ice cream and you can always ask them to taste them if you can't decide which one you want to take.
There are also some dishes available - arancini, lasagne, tortellini and other Italian specialities.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

As an ice cream addict I know what I'm talking about. The gentlemen who started this ice cream parlor knows what he is doing and he does it with passion.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

I recently stop over Brussels and near the hotel where I staid there is an Artisanal Ice Cream Parlor named Il Monello. I walked in and with my surprise I found a sort of Mediterranean style decor, a very friendly reception and, more important, one of the best Ice Cream I ever tested. I ordered a scoop of chocolate ,one of pistache and one of strawberry sorbet...all three excellent !!! The good taste stayed in my mouth for sometimes after I finished to eat. With no hesitation I would recommend this place.

1  Thank lg60611