“Clean, quiet, comfortable, fair price”
Review of Euro Capital

Euro Capital
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Wexford, Ireland
“Clean, quiet, comfortable, fair price”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I booked this rather than the IBIS a couple of doors away because the Ibis had increased its price 50% during an expo at Brussels.
For 100 euro / night I got a quiet room at the back of the hotel, double & single bed, good breakfast, helpful service at the desk, loan of a converter plug, free internet (with RJ11 connector borrowed from phone, not wireless).
Rooms are simple but good sized, energy saving lighting (hint: pace back & forth in front of the lift/elevator to prevent the light going off!), bath / shower good.
This ticked all the boxes for a simple business hotel and so the rating is 5 star within those expectations.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank GYWX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Hotel is located very near to Gare du Midi, so expect some noise...When arrived, I was informed I had a room on 5th floor, but the lift was not working, so had to carry my own suitcase through a few narrow suitcase corridors. Upon my arrival, electricity went off too, so basically the only thing to do was to take a shower and go to sleep. I have to admit that the room looked quite ok in morning light, but still was quite happy to check-out early. I can recommend this hotel only to someone whose other option is sleeping at the railway station....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Gilles hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The hotel is in walking distance from the Gare du Midi Train Station, which is conveinient when traveling by train. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and I liked the fact that when coming into the hotel late, there was a security entrance where you had to show your key and give your room number. The room along with the bathroom was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed a very quite night's sleep even being so close to the train station. The breakfast provided was very good with a good selection of items (more so than most European breakfast). If you are looking for a hotel close to the train station and for a good value, then I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ALeJune
Durham
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Brussels was all booked up so I stayed here. Close to Gare du Midi if you're arriving that way. I could see the trains from the window but I can't remember any noise disturbing me. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. There was TV and internet in the room but no tea/coffee or minibar. Breakfast was good; not as extensive as in the big hotels but there was a reasonable variety and it was included in the room price - unusual nowadays.
City is about 15mins walk and not the best area but there's always the Metro or buses. Wrong end of town for me (30mins by Metro) so I probably wont stay here again but certainly not the worst hotel I've stayed in Brussels. Was it worth it? The big hotels charge €150+ wheras I paid €120 inc breakfast. Is tea/coffee in the room and a Metro return ticket into town worth €50? You decide.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank griz1e
Sydney
Reviewed May 28, 2010

This is a great hotel right across from the station, but without the noise that you would expect. The bedroom was a decent size, the bathroom was wonderful- the best shower we had on our trip. The staff were very pleasant, the man on the counter when we checked in was very helpful, giving us pointers on how to get into the centre and some of the attractions around. Breakfast was delicious with lots of choice. We wished we could stay longer at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nayanderson
Tel-Aviv
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Everything was very good
Staff was helpful, room is big and clean, good breakfast .
Free internet (not wireless)
Very close to the train station
But the noise is minimal

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Uz27
Rotterdam
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel for only 1 night (less than 12 hours actually).
The hotel is very conveniently located across the street from the Brussel-Midi (South) rail station. Probably not the best looking neighborhood of Brussels (that's what you get around rail stations..) and the exterior of the hotel had me worried for a minute.
But once inside I was pleasantly suprised. The room looked very modern and the furniture looked pretty new. Bathroom was spotless and clean. Flatscreen TV with a lot of channels.

The guys at the front desk just did their job, although I am still amazed some Belgians just refuse to speak Dutch! Can't really rate their service level as I didn't need them apart from a quick check-in / check-out.
Didn't try their breakfast either, but from memory it was pretty expensive.

Overall I couldn't wish for a better place to spend the night while I was on my way to my final destination.

Just a note: try to book your reservation on the hotel website. When I called themthe best rate they could give me was 90 EUR while I was able to book a room for just 50 EUR on their website!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank komytee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi
#5 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Mercure Brussels Centre Midi
Mercure Brussels Centre Midi
#38 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Euro Capital? Share your experiences!