“Simple, no problem”
Review of Euro Capital

Euro Capital
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the Midi train station for a business trip to Belgium. The hotel is on the main street, facing the railtrack on the edge of Midi station. However, I did not feel disturbed by street noise.
Hotel room was small, but the double room provided enough space for one. It would be ok for two for one or two nights, but would probably be difficult for longer stay. Room and bathroom was clean, though with some odour of cleaning chemicals on my arrival.
Breakfast room was simple but the breakfast choice was very good.
Finding a good restaurant for dinner nearby was bit of a challenge. Locals suggested to take train one stop to Brussel Central for dinner.

Room Tip: It appears there are rooms into the yard and not to the busy street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I booked a triple room for my parents and I. I put in a request for 3 single beds. On arrival, we were warmly greeted by reception. When the receptionist looked in the system, it was obvious by his face that a room with 3 single beds had not been arranged. It wasn't a major drama so I quickly mentioned a queen and one single was adequate. With this, we were immediately allocated a room and were settling in within 5 mins.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was of a good size with a bath/shower, toilet and basin. The shower has a hand held shower head which attaches to a hook in the shower. Be warned, if you turn the tap on too quickly creating a high water pressure, the shower head unlodges from the hook, snakes around and water will go everywhere. If you keep the water pressure at medium (which was more than adequate to shower with), you will have no problems.

I agree with other reviewers in that we found the walls to be paper thin. It was like we had someone walking above us all day and night and you could hear the other guest doors opening and closing regularly. Ear plugs work a treat in this hotel.

The breakfast room was bright and comfortable with adequate seating. There was plenty of food on offer - meats, cheeses, breads, pastries, cereals, coffee, tea, juices, a toaster... the only negative is that there is a water heater in which you place an egg to boil but there is no indication of how long to boil the eggs for. This led to a lot of waste. In the end, I worked out you had to leave it in there for 13-15 minutes for a soft boiled egg and 20 mins for hard. This is a long time to wait for an egg, especially if you are up early and heading out on a day tour. Apart from this, brekky was excellent.

The hotel itself is located right across from Midi station, which makes for an easy 100m walk, has a supermarket within 30m and some kebab shops within the same distance.

I think the location and price of this hotel are comparable for what you are paying. On this basis, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on the highest floor at the rear of the building would be a quieter option.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Schwabbie
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed in this hotel between 2012/6/27~2012/6/27 as I was not able to find any reasonably priced hotel with my favorite chains, and also because it was a last minute booking I prefer to stay at a hotel that is really close to MIdi train station. As a first timer to the city I am glad to say the hotel staff are very friendly in helping me stowing my luggage a day ahead of my scheduled stay, and is very helpful in giving me directions for touristic spots in the city.

The room is in acceptable condition. Room 34 was in fact big, and clean. The condition was okay, I would say, as I saw some wee and tear in the bathtub nut it is still kept in good working condition.
Bed linen is clean and crispy, however the downside is the noise coming in from the trams that runs till very late at night.

As many reviewer mentioned, the hotel is located in a mixed neighborhood. Because I am a first timer I am more careful, also because someone sprayed lotion on my coat and offers to clean up for me. However this is not to say the neighborhood is dangerous; to me it's like Châtelet at night and big city vigilance should be exercised.

Room Tip: If possible stay away from rooms facing the main road with tram passing by
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel could be a 3 star or a 4 star depending on what one is looking for or expects. It is a good choice for a budget hotel, but if you are looking for something more, I think you might not be satisfied. We chose it, at the last minute, to be close to the Brussels Midi train station, that is right across the street. (We had tickets for the Chunnel for the next day.) The room was clean and presentable, and the mattresses were comfortable. The shower soap dispenser was not attached to the wall, when we entered the room, but was attached without us asking, after we went out for the afternoon. The man who was at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. We were provided with a cable to be able to get internet for our computer. (There is not wireless available.) The breakfast was very good, with many choices, and it is available as early as 5:30 AM! The neighborhood is rather "seedy", as so many railroad neighborhoods are. As a woman, I was glad my husband was with me for walking here, although I probably would have been safe, but not comfortable. The tourist sights were about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. There is probably public transportation as well. The room was a little warm the night that we stayed, although not hot outside. We did not check into how to adjust the temperature, maybe because we were suffering from jet lag. It was too noisy to have the window open, due to city and train noise. The price of the room was considerably less than so many of the tourist hotels in Brussels, so we would consider staying here again, if it were only one night.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zoelle
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great hotel.....just meters away from the mail Brussels MIDI train station. No food in the hotel ( except breakfast included in the room rate ) There is a super market about 30 mtrs left of the hotel. Kebab restaurants on the right. 15 mins walking distance to GREAT PLACE attraction area. Great Value for money. Clean rooms with a Safe box.

Free internet availe...just need to take a wire from the recption (free)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We had one night and two days in Brussels. The hotel was in a good location for us, near Les Marolles the neighbourhood we wanted to explore. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was good. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank journeywoman5
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The hotel is near to the Brussels Midi train station which is the most positive thing about the hotel. The rooms are tired with the very poor bathroom fixtures. the rooms are very noisy with almost no sound proofing between the rooms. I would not book here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms higher than the 4th floor as there is no wireless internet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Michaelm67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
Hotel Midi-Zuid
Hotel Midi-Zuid
#21 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Euro Capital? Share your experiences!