“Basic, functional but not inspiring”
Review of Euro Capital

Euro Capital
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We chose Euro Capital because it is opposite Brussels Midi (Zuid) train station from where the Eurostar leaves. The hotel room was functional and clean. The room had a small window with an unattractive view of the railway line.

If you have a laptop, then you can access the internet via the wired connection. However we had an iPhone and iPad and there was no wi-fi access. This was very annoying as neither of the two public computers in the lobby worked.

Our major complaint is that a previous occupant of our room had allowed water to run from the bathroom onto the carpetted area. The carpet was very wet and the room smelled musty when we entered. Either the cleaners did not notice or did not telll management. We raised this issue with management but during our stay nothing was done to alleviate the problem and we were not offered another room. We ended up using the bath mat to soak up some of the excess water in the carpet.

Hotel is functional for sleep, breakfast and close access to train station, but otherwise not a highlight of any stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ilc2it

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Euro Capital is a good hotel, nothing fancy, but all amenities are well in place, and spacious rooms. Everything is functional. The best thing about the hotel is it's location. It is right outside the Midi Station, and a 10-20mts walk to the Palace and tourist areas.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank USA123WashingtonDC
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I requested a quite room. I was given a room with thin walls and was unable to sleep with noise from the adjoining room. Footsteps from room upstairs added to the noise. I entered the reception one evening and was told I needed permission from the receptionist before I could sit on a chair in the lobby. Truly, a poorly-constructed hotel without atmosphere and unhelpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I booked this rather than the IBIS a couple of doors away because the Ibis had increased its price 50% during an expo at Brussels.
For 100 euro / night I got a quiet room at the back of the hotel, double & single bed, good breakfast, helpful service at the desk, loan of a converter plug, free internet (with RJ11 connector borrowed from phone, not wireless).
Rooms are simple but good sized, energy saving lighting (hint: pace back & forth in front of the lift/elevator to prevent the light going off!), bath / shower good.
This ticked all the boxes for a simple business hotel and so the rating is 5 star within those expectations.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GYWX
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Hotel is located very near to Gare du Midi, so expect some noise...When arrived, I was informed I had a room on 5th floor, but the lift was not working, so had to carry my own suitcase through a few narrow suitcase corridors. Upon my arrival, electricity went off too, so basically the only thing to do was to take a shower and go to sleep. I have to admit that the room looked quite ok in morning light, but still was quite happy to check-out early. I can recommend this hotel only to someone whose other option is sleeping at the railway station....

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The hotel is in walking distance from the Gare du Midi Train Station, which is conveinient when traveling by train. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and I liked the fact that when coming into the hotel late, there was a security entrance where you had to show your key and give your room number. The room along with the bathroom was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed a very quite night's sleep even being so close to the train station. The breakfast provided was very good with a good selection of items (more so than most European breakfast). If you are looking for a hotel close to the train station and for a good value, then I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ALeJune
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Brussels was all booked up so I stayed here. Close to Gare du Midi if you're arriving that way. I could see the trains from the window but I can't remember any noise disturbing me. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. There was TV and internet in the room but no tea/coffee or minibar. Breakfast was good; not as extensive as in the big hotels but there was a reasonable variety and it was included in the room price - unusual nowadays.
City is about 15mins walk and not the best area but there's always the Metro or buses. Wrong end of town for me (30mins by Metro) so I probably wont stay here again but certainly not the worst hotel I've stayed in Brussels. Was it worth it? The big hotels charge €150+ wheras I paid €120 inc breakfast. Is tea/coffee in the room and a Metro return ticket into town worth €50? You decide.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business