“Overpriced”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Overpriced”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a very popular hangout for locals and a pleasant enough spot for drinking coffee and watching the world go by. However we ended up paying 30 euros for two very small cappuccinos and two sandwiches. The food was tasty but the price left a nasty taste in my mouth!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Claire B

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Cute & Cozy - Great way to start your day”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Since we didn't choose Breakfast Plan at our hotel we were walking around the neighborhood looking for a place for breakfast and luckily we came across La Cremerie de la Vache.
Some local people were eating outside but we decided to go inside since it was colder than I'm used to.

They had beautiful pastries/cakes all displayed perfectly in the glass case up front luring people like me. I pointed out the ones I wanted since our waiter didn't speak much English and my French is worse. I thought he's going to hand me the pastries right there but he motioned that he would bring them over to my table. I also ordered a cup of tea while my friend had breakfast plate with ham & egg with bread and coffee.
Both my pastries (Pear Tart & Fruits Tart) arrived so pretty with raspberry sauce(tasted like home-made) and fresh cream on the side - oh I was in heaven! Enjoyed every bite of course.
Two waiters (English speaking and non-English speaking) were both very sweet and the other gentleman (maybe manager or owner) was very nice and friendly as well.
Inside the bright restaurant the decor was very inviting and I can see myself coming here once a week for lovely pastries and a pot of tea - too bad I live so far away.
I would love to go back there when it's warmer and try their ice cream too.
So happy we found this place by accident - thank you for the sweet morning!

• Visited September 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Great place for sandwiches, salads and coffee.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spacy interiors. Spotless clean. Nice salads and sandwiches.
It's easy to see why this is a favourite hangout for the choosy avenue Louise shopping crowd. Or the breakfast business crowd. Anyway, it's good.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Fab coffee and croissants. We did not fancy paying 25 euros for hotel breakfast so decided to find a cafe nearby. Glad we did.

Visited July 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Good place for a light lunch”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very well situated in a street just off the Avenue Louise, this is the ideal place to come and get some refreshments after a busy shopping spree. It is a quiet and family-friendly restaurant, much nicer (and less expensive) than the snottier Mamie Louise just next to it. Pasta is very good and so are the quiche and the salads. Portions are a good size and the staff is relaxed but professional. I am told the pastries are not bad either but I never tried them myself.

• Visited July 2012