“Wonderful Stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Les Bluets
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After 2 days stay at Antwerp, I was expected to meet another client in Brussels. I reached the place in the late night hours and was very much tired, so requested for a fast check in. And, it exactly went the same within, a few minutes I was in my room, which was very refreshing and beautiful. The bed provided was super comfy and bathroom was great. Staff is very polite and tried their best to meet my expectations. Food was good. My stay was very pleasant and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Madame's hotel was a pleasure to stay in. Our room was huge with a spacious bathroom as well. It was very clean and I loved that we had a few armchairs in our room to relax in instead of just sitting on the bed all the time. We also had a microwave and little fridges, two things we rarely saw in other hotels in Belgium or France. The beautiful furnishings really made me feel like I was staying somewhere special instead of another bland hotel. Madame runs a tight ship (save the planet and turn the lights off when you leave the room!) but just embrace it and sit where she tells you at breakfast and all will be ok! Great breakfast too in her cool dining room.

The hotel was close to the metro and as easy walk to the local shopping area, upper town and all the museums. If you're in the mood for a longer walk lower town. Quirky but relaxing, we have fond memories of Hotel Les Bluets in Brussels.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am always looking forward to my stays at this little and very charming hotel. It is clean, safe, beautifully decorated with antique furniture and decorations. The hotel owner welcomes you personally; she is friendly and helpful in all aspects of your stay. I love the breakfasts with a selection of e.g. boiled egg, croissant, pain du chocolate, good quality bread, cheese, yogurts, and fruits. Everything is freshly made for the day. You might even be so lucky to have a nice talk with some of the other guests at the breakfast table. The hotel is really recommendable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Mme Miriam Heller, owner & operator of Les Bluets, opens every morning at her breakfast table with a rousing, "Good Morning!" This 8-room hotel in very quiet Brussels neighborhood is located about 1 1/2 blocks from a metro stop, with very convenient connections to central city & the main train stations. Some very good restaurants are within reasonable walking distance. The rooms vary in size & shape, are full of live plants & are colorfully decorated with many antiques. I think all rooms have a small refrigerator & microwave, plus a kettle with tea & coffee packets. Some rooms have kitchens. Price is very reasonable for any large European city (70-85E/night). Breakfast is not fancy, but there's plenty to eat - & an egg cooker you can use to prepare soft or hard-boiled style. Loved our room #3 - large bedroom & bathroom + balcony overlooking the street. Be prepared to walk up at least 1 floor to get to your room, as there's no lift. We stayed 7 nights, making 3 different day-trips to near-by historic towns. Senior train travel of 5.35E each for round-trip travel anywhere in Belgium made this very inviting. We had stayed with Mme Heller 19 yrs previously - we enjoyed her home & outgoing persona so much we had to return!

Room Tip: Hotel has a great website - use it to view all rooms to get a sense of what you'd like. And call...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chpl-Hill-Traveler
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

A very intresting B&B. Unique and quaint antique furnishing. Neat and tidy. Miriam runs a tight neat tidy and orderly ship. It is highly Recommended for singles, couples and smaller families with older kids.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I did not read other trip advisor reviews before booking Hotel Les Bluets in Brussels but did read them before leaving for my trip so I was interested in seeing for myself. This bed and breakfast is very charming and I enjoyed the eclectic decor. It is located near a Metro stop in a so-so neighborhood. It was quiet and very clean. The low rating is due to the eccentric Maitre di, who appears to be a bit of a control freak. She never said, "No soup for you" but I thought about that Seinfeld episode the entire time I was there.

The directions provided did not mention whether to knock or enter a code or what upon arriving. I pressed what I thought might be a doorbell and set off an alarm. Madam came running out 'You must NEVER press that button again! Now you have disturbed everyone!' The same alarm went off several more times that evening, so I apparently was not the only confused guest.

I was glad that I noticed the writing on the chalkboard by the stairs, noting that if you wanted an egg for breakfast you must arrange ahead of time and that hot water would be available from 7 am to 11 am and again from 7 pm to 11 pm.

At breakfast the next morning I chose the wrong seat of the 10 empty ones. "Madam! You must not sit there!" I sat where directed and the next day did not sit until told where to sit.
I decided not to take offense but to treat my encounters with the Maitre di Hotel as a game. I would try to anticipate the possible conflicts, consider scenarios and choose one. For instance, where would Madam want me to put my suitcase that I would bring downstairs the morning I was checking out? I considered 2 possible places at either end of a piece of furniture in the foyer. One end was close to the stairs and I decided that my bag could be in the way of another guest, so I put it at the opposite end, closer to the door. "Madam!!! You must not put your suitcase there! Do you see the window? A pick pocket could see your suitcase and break my door to get it!" She had me put the bag near the stairs.

Anyway, the property is fairly nice but even though I found it entertaining, I would not rush to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank ec80021
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear ec80021,

Thank you for your feedbacks. I am glad to reed that you like the hotel and I’m really sorry to about the experience you encountered, and I would like to apologize.

Regarding the door bell. I’m sorry you misunderstood how it was working but it is clearly written on the door keypad : “for the reception press OK”
Concerning the breakfast, for organizational reasons and to let groups & couples sit together, we prefer to propose the sitting place to the customers.
Regarding the suitcase, I’m really concerned about the security of the house and of the customers. You were warned about the fact that the suitcase could be stolen in the place it was put (just behind the entrance door) and I’m sorry you have been offended but it was for your own good.

Best regards,
Myriam Heller
Owner

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was at this hotel last weekend for a night with my wife and 2 year old son. This was less of a hotel and more of a B&B. We loved it for many reasons: for one it was located about 15-20 minutes away from most of the happening places in Brussels; and moreover staying here was a cultural experience in itself given the lovely interiors (the caretaker/owner of the building made us a wonderful breakfast as well). The owner, Myriam, took good care of us and the harsh reviews of her behavior on the rest of the reviews didn't seem justified to us. As long we respected the fact that we were guests staying in her home, she was very nice to us.

Do note that the beds are small (at least it was in the room I was in) and if you are travelling with your baby, its best to have an extra bed in your room. Myriam placed an extra bed in our room for no extra charge.

No problem with the Wifi/hot water as it has been reported in the other reviews as well.

It is true though that if you are willing to spend about 85-100 E, you will be able to put up in a decent enough hotel room closer to the Grand Place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Pantone Hotel
FunKey Hotel
FunKey Hotel
#12 of 198 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon

Been to Hotel Les Bluets? Share your experiences!