I was wary of this hotel as it is adjacent to a metro stop and across the street from the backside of the Gare du Midi station. However, since we arrived on Eurostar late and were leaving early, we took a chance. I was pleasantly surprised! The area outside the hotel had the usual railway station characters, and the pavement construction out front did not help the kerb appeal. However, inside was a clean and comfortable hotel!
I was in room 522 and found nice wood floors, new king bed and cozy bedding, and plenty of space. Bathroom was a little small, but had a good sized corner shower. There was an air conditioner in the room that worked very, very well, which was good as it was 27C while we were there! Bath towles were not as fluffy as I like, but they did the job. My only real complaint about the room was the drapes- these needed to be re-hung and/or replaced. I got them closed well enough, but they drug down the whole look of the room.
Internet access is not free, but use the wired option and you will have a very fast and smooth connection. My colleague used the Wifi and found it jumpy. Cost is same on either: 10 EUR for 24 hour continuous or 15 EUR for 10 hours accumulated. TV was the usual small Ibis model, but had lots of channels (albeit few in English!). Remember to turn off your pop up blocker or else you cannot log out of the wired version properly.
Front desk staff were fine- cannot comment on the breakfast as we felt it too expensive at 14 EUR each, so we got food in the station each morning. We got the room on an advanced payment, non-refundable for less than 70 EUR per night, cheap and cheerful! A note to light sleepers! If your room faces the street you are likely to be quite bothered by the noise. I sleep with earplugs so had no problem, but the hotel is on the corner of a large, main road, so there is traffic all night.
If that noise issue didn't scare you off, the hotel can be accessed over the road (dodgy way, given the construction) or exit the metro station via Exit 7 which pops up alongside the hotel.
I would stay here again- the hotel did its job for me at a fair price and a convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi hotel is located just a few steps from the south entry to the railway station, from which international trains such as the Thalys and Eurostar depart. The famous Grand Place and Notre Dame Du Sablon church are 2 km from the hotel. Book one of our 225 spacious air conditioned rooms and benefit from our amenities, a restaurant, a bar with snacks available 24hrs, pay parking and a meeting room for conferences. Business guests will appreciate use of WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Hotel Saint-Gilles
- Accor Brussels Centre Gare Midi
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Belgium