“PERFECT PLACE TO EXPLORE FROM”

Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“PERFECT PLACE TO EXPLORE FROM”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were staying a night in Brussels and didn't want to spend too long finding our way around with trams and the underground so chose a location close to the Eurostar and good city transportation. The hotel is an ideal location, a five minute walk from the Eurostar platform located at the opposite end of the station from the hotel. There are many buses, trams and underground trains from the station or a 20 minute walk will take you to Grand Place.
Check in was very quick and we had a corner room, a double and single bed with a large bathroom with a good spacious and clean shower.
The room was modest but very clean and with BBC and free Wi Fi. We had a good nights sleep on the comfy beds.
Breakfast was a real surprise for this budget hotel, a choice of hot food and an excellent cold buffet of cereals, various bread, fresh fruit etc.
We asked to store our cases and they have lockers in the basement.
A real bonus for this location is that you only have to pick up your cases at the last minute before strolling over the road to the station.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more roomy then the others,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a review on Tripadvisor after your stay with us.
We are delighted to learn that your experience has left a lasting positive impression.
My team and I look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back for a return visit!
Kind Regards,
Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Well, the trip was fine to start off but then... the cleaner threw that all away! On the first day after me and the rest of my group arrived me and the friend that I was sharing a room with set our things out neatly on our beds so we could get them sorted out quickly and in order because we had little time for things like this as we were expecting to do a lot that day. Thinking of the cleaners needing to make the beds while we were away and seeing as she was two doors down from us asking people if they were ready for the room to be cleaned, we put the do not disturb sign on the door. Once we arrived back the sign had been removed and placed back inside our room. All of our stuff had been moved off the beds, not neatly either. My pajamas had been crumpled up and thrown aside, and not put back on the bed. Not the worse part, my bag, which had been more or less closed apart from a little gap as it wouldn't close as I had lost the lock was WIDE open, my stuff inside had been pushed aside as if someone had looked through it, my drink which had been half full when I left the room was empty (just a drop left in the bottom), my friends spray had been used and a sizable part of it had been used as well not just a little spray, her make up had been used (when the cleaner for some reason put it back in my friends make up case even though it was all set out neatly and in order at its side on the table when it didn't need to be touched let alone cleaned) and the cleaner had even broken her eye liner and tried to cover it up but failed horribly. More than that the cleaner failed to take the rubbish which was in clear sight to be taken next to the bin as it was full, the dirty towels had been left just pushed behind the clean towels and to top it off, the beds were made but only half of my bed had been made, and then when we thought there was nothing else that the cleaner could have done, my friend went to use her brand new pack of monthly womanly stuff she left by the sink only to find one had been taken and used... now I'm not sure about the rules outside another country, but this has got to be wrong! And then the next morning she came round again while we were changing. She knocked on the door and despite us saying no in English German and French she opened the door anyway! And as I covered myself up she looked in and saw us changing and STILL tried to come in, until turning and leaving after we yelled at her. But she tried to come in again so we had to shut the door ourselves! The hotel was brilliant apart from that and that's what's let it down. I hope someone notices this and offers to do something other than the 'sorry, our mistake', we got from the people at the check in! I mean, she went into my bag, drank my drink and used my friends make up and stuff! Not. Happy! Oh and for some unknown reason she turned the heating of the room right up so when we got back it was horribly hot in the room despite the sunny day...

And something I know couldn't be helped but at night there was a horrible sound, like an injured cat or something and it happened every night, the windows just let the noise come in...

Room Tip: Just don't stay there... Cleaner is so rude!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank HannahMHR
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Hannah,
I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. Please feel free to contact me on 0032 2 541 44 42 to discuss this further or you can also send me a e-mail at h3152-dm@accor.com with more information like your full name and room number in order to investigate the matter.
Deputy Manager

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Gilles hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located next to Gare Midi and 2 minutes walk from main entrance. It is very handy if you traveling around Brussels as well as other locations within Belgium by rail plus European services run by Thalys and Eurostar. Rooms are modest but well equipped with good amenities. It was very clean and everything in perfect working conditions. Also rooms boast good noise isolation from nearby busy roads and railways. You can benefit from early check-in alternative from noon onwards. You could get a very competitive rate if pre booked in advance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kind Regards
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Cheaper than hotels at the central station, but few minutes to the center by all public transportation, train and metro stations are literally outside the hotel .. don't insist to stay at hotels near the central station.. Ibis gare midi was very convenient location to go anywhere in brussels.
Didn't try food at the hotel .. but there is a grocery store next door which was a nice find.
Rooms are clean but small , but this is Ibis, a budget hotel , so it is perfect !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ameera H
Dear Guest,
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare du Midi, I look forward to your next visit.
Auckland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel is located very near to the Gare Du midi. I had not been to Bruxelles in many years and within 5 mins of arriving I was harassed by 3 eastern European beggars. This was followed by being hassled by a Nigerian who wanted to sell me drugs outside of the hotel. The catchment area of the hotel is rather seedy and one needs to be cautious. The reception staff are very helpful and the hotel room was one of the best I have had in many years of travelling. The charge for the breakfast at €14 is very expensive for what was on offer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ChristopherAuckland
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you the matter is being looked in to and will be dealt with accordingly.
Regarding security in the hotel, I can assure you that we strive to make our hotel a safe place. We are equipped with surveillance cameras and a night guard is also present to check in hotel passages and procedures relating to safety. For what happens outside the hotel, I also assure you that we have already made numerous representations to the city of Brussels in an attempt to improve the situation.
Deputy Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#5 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Ibis Brussels Centre Sainte Catherine
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Novotel Brussels Midi Station
Novotel Brussels Midi Station
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles

Been to Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi? Share your experiences!