Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
  • Room Service
Hotel de France(Saint-Gilles)
Hotel Midi-Zuid(Saint-Gilles)
2,081 results
All reviewstrain stationacross the roadhotel is locatedtravelling by trainsingle bedbudget hotelmain stationcharleroi airportthe grand placeconvenient locationlarge roompublic transportshort staycentrebrusselslockersgare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

24 of us booked this hotel as we were travellying on to Luxembourg the next morning. The hotel is clean, modern and of course, right beside the main train station. The staff were friendly and helpful - can happily recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.
Me and the team are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's seems to be a tradition on here that I start by explaining how I arrived at the hotel in a flustered state. It wasn't so much flustered as exhausted. I was dropped from the City Shuttle the other side of the station at 12.30 at night, with no map or directions. Luckily, the IBIS is signed right through the station, so it is incredibly easy to find. This means that whether you're coming into Brussels International Airport, the laughably named "Brussels South" airport (which is about 45miles from Brussels, or via Eurostar you're dropped right here.

Once there, reception were fast and efficient at booking me in, gave me a map and detailed, useful instructions on where I needed to go the next day. Having unpacked I went to the bar and found they were open until 1am, which was ideal, and had a really good selection of Belgian beers at prices that really weren't as high as one might expect in a hotel, about 3 Euros a bottle.

The room was incredibly spacious and clean, the bathroom too, with plenty of towels and hair drier The TV had a number of British TV channels and there was good desk space.

Maybe the Brit in me is particularly sensitive to this, but I was surprised that there were no tea making facilities in my room and also that there was a lingering smell of smoke. It wasn't too bad, but more than I would have liked. What also wasn't British, but was a very good thing, was the fact that you could open the windows as wide as you like and good speed, unlimited internet is completely free. The bed was comfy and I slept well. My room faced the street and overlooked the railway directly, but the glazing was such that I didn't hear a thing.

Breakfast was fantastic. A good, hearty, combination of the various continental foods (with plenty of cheese, eggs and cereals for vegetarians. There's a vast selections of breads and jams, proper decaff (and real) coffee. My only fault is that I couldn't eat any more of it! It did get a bit crowded, but I had been warned of that, and it wasn't unbearably slow.

I was at the European Parliament the next day and that is, literally, a ten minute journey by a very reasonably priced underground train.

It was a very short stay, but i will use this hotel again, without a doubt, if I'm in Brussels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Your feedback about your stay in our hotels is exactly the reason why we love our job in ibis Brussels Centre Ste Catherine !
We always try to give a maximum service with a lovely smile. we know this is a winning combination and this helps to give our guests a warm and comfortable feeling about there stay.
I will definitely share this with my teams and they will be absolutely be happy to welcome you again in Brussels.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Getting to Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi is straightforward when arriving into Gare du Midi by following the signs inside the station to Rue d'Angleterre where the hotel is across the road.

Check in was relativity smooth and we were given a room on the 2nd floor. The exceptionally clean room was quite spacious and nicely decorated, there was a reasonable amount of storage space. There was a large wall mounted TV with large selection of domestic and international stations.

The bathroom was ideal with a good powerful shower with wall mounted soap dispensers.

The hotel is conveniently situated close to Gare du Midi and highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear guest,
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Brussels Gare du Midi, I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards,
Deputy Manger

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I do like Ibis hotels. This hotel is well located, in front of the second most important train station of Brussels, and you can get wherever you want in Brussels and even in Belgium from there. The rooms are really clean. It's a good recommendation when you need a private room and you don't want to pay huge prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again. Kind regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for Gare Midi in Brussels. We chose this hotel as we were taking the TGV to Paris the morning after our stay. Gare midi also provided a good setting off point for heading into the central area of Brussels. Rooms themselves were very functional, no frills, but everything you truly need for a good nights sleep and shower in the morning. As has been written by others, there is an unseemly presence outside the property, but we were never disturbed/hassled. Hotel allowed us to check in early and staff was helpful. It is a budget friendly property with a good location, and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip. Kind regards,