“Nice hotel but not the best location”

Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in front of the Gare Midi station. It is not a very safe area after 7pm, so it is not the best option for a single woman. My room was nice, confortable bed, clean bathroom. The only problem was that I could not turn off the air conditioning and the hotel was full booked, so they could not give me another room. The restaurant of the hotel is not excellent and have a limited menù but the area does not offer many options so finally I had dinner there. In conclusion, I choose this hotel as it was close to the place where I had a congress, and for this reason was fine, but I would not come again here just for tourism.

• Stayed: June 2013
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Brussels Centre-Gare du Midi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At ibis Brussels Gare du Midi, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent location immediately adjacent to Gare Midi, but not noisy. Value for money outstanding compared to similar grade hotels in Brussels. Efficient, secure, check-in, check-out times better than most of the competitors at this level (12 noon in and out), good size rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took the recommendations of my friend in Brussels to book my accommodation in this simple but clean property. Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi is located bang opposite the famous Gare du Midi railway station. Wherever I need to go to, not only in Brussels, not just in Belgium but any where in Europe, I can board the metro/ on land train including long distance high speed trains from this station. I covered Brussels city through the Metro, visited Ghent by an overland train and also visited neighbouring country, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg by a convenience 2-hour train journey. All the tickets I booked online. Coming to the hotel's facility, the room was neat, bed was convenient ( I didnt really use their SleepArt app since I dont use an Apple device and i was too busy. The locker facility of the hotel was very useful. The staff were quite courteous. Overall nice experience...

Room Tip: Choose the corner rooms facing the station..I stayed in 310 which gave fantastic view of the roads b...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a review on Tripadvisor after your stay with us.
We are delighted to learn that your experience has left a lasting positive impression.
My team and I look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back for a return visit. Kind regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The location across from the train station was very convenient and just a short trip by train to the Grand Place and other tourist attractions. The only problem was the mattress that moved on the frame every time you moved. I was rolled out of bed every time I sat on the edge of the bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the bed. Kind regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overall excellent newly decorated nice with large bedroom, clean, calm (I was lucky to be on the back side street - not the front street). Large buffet breakfast but personal would need a bit of training to reach the right service level (2 of the 3 coffee makers were out of service - coffee waste tank to be emptied). One single person running after all the issues was not correct for this rush hour.
Reception at check in gave similar mixed feeling: SMILE please, customers seldom contributes to pay your salaries, feel happy to see more people coming in!

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit in our hotel. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the important SMILE, it is true that it is a big part of our job and I will pass your comments to our staff in order to improve their costumers approach. Kind regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were just staying briefly to change trains and this suited our purpose. Good room just outside the station and some choices for eating and drinking nearby. There are better locations if you are staying longer in Brussels, but if you could get the value deal we did then this ould be fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
sophie d, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Alan,
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip. Kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Located opposite Gare du Midi, this hotel is ideally placed for anyone travelling by Eurostar or other rail services to/from Brussels.
Rooms are clean and well decorated; staff are very helpful; and the breakfast range covers most tastes. On our stay, we did have some difficulty with additional supplies of breakfast items after about 08.00 but that apart, the breakfast room staff dealt with this issue pleasantly. We didn't try the dinner menu this time but we did note that the bar/diner had been nicely refurbished since our last visit.
Nearby, Grand'Place is about 15 minutes' walk and the weekend flea market in Place du Jeux de Bal is close. Try the Brueghel bar 10 minutes away at Porte de Halle for an inexpensive meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Pantone Hotel
Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel
1 mi away
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi? Share your experiences!