“Good business option”

Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I travel regularly to Brussels and normally stay at Citadines Toison D'or if they have space and a reasonable price. There is a small kitchenette which is good for preparing breakfast or even a simple evening meal. I like the freedom this provides in comparison to a standard hotel.

The location is good for meetings in central Brussels and the hotel is just a minute from the metro.

I have found the room quality a little mixed; some of the rooms are a bit tired but there does seem to be a renovation programme. I agree with other comments that you should ask for a room at the back or on a higher floor.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 28, 2011

The hotel is situated within a minute walsk of the Louise underground station in an area full of designer shops and a wide choice of bars and restaurants. Check-in was simple and the staff friendly and the room was adequate for my needs. I was on the first floor overlooking a side street and there was a full height balcony door witha railing to lean on and watch the world go by. The room has basic kitchen facilities, hot plate, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster with a small dishwasher. Directly round the corner on the street below my room window was a busy local mini-market which was well stocked and reasonably priced. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet apart from the usual city noises outside.

There was a free wired internet connection in the room and a wifi connection in the lobby/business area downstairs which unfortunately didn't extend to the rooms - a disapointment as i had no wifi for my phone in my room. The only other niggle is that the bathroom is at the opposite end of the aprtment to the toilet and there is no hand basin in the toilet so you have to wlak through the room to wash your hands after using the loo.

All in all though would ceratinly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank weathermanUK
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have been in this hotel for many years , and always I have had many freinds and guests and every body has been happy , the hotel is in a good location and really comfortable , the frons desd manager Mr Charles Metto has always been helpful and very honest and serious although in these years many times I have had changes and so many ups and downs in the reservation he has always find a solution and that is the most important factor when you are organizing events or .. I strongly suggest this hotel to any one who needs an efficient and comfortable place in Brussels.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hadisaidi
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I returned to the Toison D'Or for the first time in several years this week and was a bit disappointed. The room look tired. The furniture and carpets had seen better days and the walls needed attention. The bin had not been emptied from previous occupant. Servicing not up to scratch in my view.

Several years ago this was relativiely upmarket executive accommodation but I would now look at other options particularly as this location tends to be no cheaper than many 3 star hotels in Brussels.

On the plus side you are only 1 minute from the metro (Louise) and there is a Delhaze supermarket just 30 seconds round the corner which is handy given that the room has its own kitchen

Note that there is free internet in the room but smart phone users should be aware that it is wired internet only - so will need to bring your laptop.

Room Tip: If you are looking for peace and quiet ask for a room facing inward rather than towards the street.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
schietecatb, General Manager at Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

While we strive to maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards, monitoring our effectiveness can be a challenge at times. We welcome suggestions such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve.
I am sorry to learn that the bin was not empty and it is not up to our usual standards. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team and they will be more vigilant to avoid a recurrence of this incident.

While I work with our maintenance department on how the property can be better maintained, I am pleased to advise that a second renovation program will start in 2012. This should also address most of the other issues you have raised in your feedback.

Thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Citadines Toison d'Or Brussels, we look forward to welcoming you again!

B. Schietecat.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked this this hotel through Air Transat Vacations. Brussels is a tourist destination in the summer months, so we got a great deal. We stayed in room 409.

We read reviews that the beds were pullout beds, but we recieved a double bed that was not a pull out. It was really comfortable actually. The pillows were great. There was no A/C, but we knew because of Trip Advisor reviews to ask for a fan at the desk. We didnt really need it, the window opened and nights were cool. A note about the windows-with children be careful. They are at waist height, and open completely with no screen. Dont let them turn the crank and lean out.

There was a little cafe called "Snack" right next door, and a supermarket directly around the corner. WIth the kitchenette, you could make meals and save alot of money. For Canadians, the Euro can be expensive, and meals arent always cheap in Brussels.

The metro for Louise/Louiza was less than a minute away. Walking to Grand Place from the hotel took 15-20 minutes. Everything was easy to get to.

The hotel staff were great. Check in was easy, they printed out information for me that I emailed them. There was a computer to use (when children werent taking it up watching YouTube videos).

This seemed to be a safe area, but be careful walking on Louisa street at night, or walking through Marolles area.

Room Tip: Ask for room 409. We enjoyed it. Ask for a fan at the front desk.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PrincessCharlie

Hello,

I Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Citadines Toison d’Or Brussels in July 2011.

We were delighted to learn that you were satisfied with your overall experience. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in terms of service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Your feedback inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.

From all of us at Citadines Toison d’Or Brussels, we look forward to welcoming you again!

B. Schietecat.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I just loved the Brussels Citadines. Very quiet hotel, clean and functionnal. Close by, the subway, a nice grocery store, restaurants, pedestrian street and a bakery. The grand place is only a 15 minutes walk. I definitely recommend this hotel. Choose the apartment if you can instead of the studio.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed at the Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel for 6 days. Great location as it was only a 3min walk to the Louise Metro Station. Not only was the hotel near the metro, it was also close to a supermarket: Proxy Delhaize (a mere 1 min walk). And many french, chinese and italian restaurants were only 2-3 mins walk away. We had our dinner mostly near the hotel, and the food was great!!
We also had breakfast in our room as we can buy cheese, bread, croissants, eggs, ham etc from the nearby supermarket, which helped us to save some money.
Staying at this hotel is also great for shopping.
Longchamp, Salvatore Ferragamo, Louis Vutton etc was just a mere 5 mins walk away from the hotel.
Overall, the hotel was great! If i were to go to Brussels again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank luvtravellin82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Citadines Sainte-Catherine Brussels
#1 of 15 in Ixelles
Vintage Hotel Brussels
Vintage Hotel Brussels
#1 of 22 in Saint-Gilles

Been to Citadines Toison d'Or Hotel? Share your experiences!