NH Brussels Stephanie
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Les Bluets(Saint-Gilles)
  • Breakfast included
1,146 results
All reviewssuperior roomshopping districtreception staffrestaurants and barsexcellent hotelbusiness hotelmetro stopstayed nightslate checkgood sizebusiness triphotel is situatedquiet streetcity breakcomfortable hotelnice roomchecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

There's no way this hotel deserves a 4 Star Rating. 2 at best. The ratings system in Brussels is a joke. 169 euros a night for a dirty hotel with poor food and rude staff??? Give me a break. The floor in the reception area was filthy. The floor in the tiny lift was even worse. It looked like they haven't seen a mop for months. The smell of sewage in the lift and outside my room was so overpowering it wafted into my room. I also discovered my bathroom floor was filthy as well and had not been mopped either in a long time. The carpet in the bedroom was not clean either. When I pulled the covers off the bed to go to sleep I discovered long hairs all over the sheets. The sheets had clearly not been changed either. There were awful stains all over the pillows also. Disgusting.

The room was cold so I went to put the heating on only to discover it wasn't working. I ordered what I thought would be a freshly brewed coffee to heat me up which cost 8.50 euros!!!! I only discovered the next morning at breakfast that it wasn't freshly brewed coffee at all. Just coffee from one of those machines you press a button and the coffee dispenses.

The breakfast was ridiculous. The room was freezing cold. Other guests were complaining about it also. The woman working there didn't speak English which seemed odd for a city dealing with English speaking people all time time. The bread was hard and stale. The scrambled eggs were just like slop thrown into a pot for guests to help themselves. There was a picture of an omelette but the waitress couldn't understand what I was saying when I asked her if these were available, even though I spoke French to her. Over 20 euros extra for this?????

They really are taking liberties at this hotel. The rude receptionists attitude was appalling. She could have cared less and her take it or leave it attitude left a really sour taste in the mouth. She offered to refund my breakfast when I complained but that was it. No apology for the lack of heating in my room, which she kept insisting worked. When I asked her to come to my room and show me she refused. So she was obviously lying. I see from other reviews on this site that I am not the only one this has happened to. She refused to accept my room and the rest of the hotel were dirty. Overall an unpleasant person to deal with. NH Hotels should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much for this hotel. It's not worth half what I paid. The standards of cleanliness, food and customer services from the reception staff needs serious overhauling.

Room Tip: Stay at a better hotel. You can get better hotels for this price or even cheaper.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sippy2012
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The NH Stephanie is a decent hotel, but I booked it because of my experience with four other stays at NH Hotels that were great. This hotel falls short of the other NH experiences I have had.

For those who like to stay at NH Hotels you will find this property to be small with less services. There is no restaurant, no bar, no on-site ATM, room service is very limited on options (pizza, soup and salad). The lobby is small and cluttered. The breakfast area is also small, especially when large groups come down to eat at once. My second morning I went to eat breakfast and the place was packed (not a seat to be had). Went back down 40 minutes later and there were seats but nothing left to eat but a hand full of fruit and cereal. I had to skip breakfast at the hotel that morning as it was useless to try to fill up on that.

The rooms are typical of NH Hotels, however the beds were not as comfortable as the other four NH Hotels I have been at. Also for a 4-star hotel they do not offer you any lotion in the bathroom (the other NH's did), and my facial tissues ran out and was never replaced.

There is another NH hotel (City Center) about two blocks from the NH Stephanie (they have a bar and restaurant). There are also a couple restaurants and pubs/bars out the doors of the NH Stephanie and to your right (just 1 block up). The Irish Pub there serves good food a has an assortment of beers.

There is a little street along the hotel that you would not expect to be busy...but at night it sure seemed to be (it is that or poor sound-proofing on the windows). The staff was friendly and my room was clean.

The location of the hotel was nice. It was a very easy 5 minute walk to the Louis Metro area for bus, tram, tube, as well as it is also a stop for the City Sightseeing Tour Bus (Hop on - Hop off).

As a hotel in general it was decent...it just didn't live up to what I have come to expect from NH Hotels. Hope my next NH stay will be nicer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is well located in the Luisa area of Brussels, at 5 minutes from the underground station, very near from a large variety of restaurants and shops.
As a part of a hotel network, the amenities and services are at the same level as in other NH hotels I stayed in (in different countries). The rooms are clean, the personnel is friendly, the breakfast good and the (free) Internet OK. But I have to mention that I booked this hotel at discount (not usual) prices and for what I payed (about 100 EUR/night, breakfast included) it was a good value for money. What I did not liked - a city tax, not included (but not mentioned, either) in the booking forms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with fru.pl
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed 5 nights and then 1 more night after a trip to Amsterdam. Staff was very helpful and always greeted us with a smile. Rooms comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. Attendant with cook up some eggs if you ask. Hotel is 5 minute walk to Place Louise which has 2 Metro lines and 3 Tram lines as well as many shops and a department store as well as a pharmacy. 20 minute walk to Grand Place and short tram ride to Parc Botanique and Fine Arts and Margritte Museums. 2 minute walk to Rue Jourdan which has quite a few restaurants to choose from.
When we arrived back from Amsterdam our room keys were already available and baggage which we left behind was in our rooms. Must say again all of staff very pleasant to interact with. Nary a frown. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is located excellently on the back of the main luxury shopping line of Brussels. You are reasonably close to the historical centre. If you are a good walker, using your hotel as a base you can tour the most of Brussels' attractions with minimm use of transport.
The style is 'contemporary' (the faceless type of it), the condition is 'a bit tied' - just to the degree one have nothing to complain formally, but also nothing to be happy about. If you want a place to sleep - here it is.
The breakfast is ridiculously expensive and nothing special, coffee is at the lowest level to be just acceptable, so why not to have morning meal in one of the brasseries in the city?
The hotel parking does not exist for everyone but probably Smart or original Fiat 500 owners - I was advised it was too small for my car (3 series) and shown to the garage around the corner, which was... closed. There is enough parking in the area, so it is not big problem, but reserve extra 10- 15 min.
If you are,getting good deal with this hotel and this is not your honeymoon or romantic trip - take it.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business