We chose this hotel over others closer to the centre for value for money over location. Glad we did. Lovely hotel, clean, spacious, nice bathroom, tv, mini bar and free wifi in the room. The staff were helpful too although they don't supply a map like others do. Breakfast was plentiful.
The location is a metro and a tram ride away from the main sites but didn't phase me and if you take a walk to the metro for a change you can take in some lovely art noveux buildings. We added the cost of commute to our trip & still got value for money, the trams are every 15 mins and run until midnight while the trains are every couple of mins. One trip metro is €2, we got the 5 trip pass which worked out quite well (each trip lasts 60 mins & a tram & metro within 60 mins is classed as one trip).
Would recommend this hotel. We followed directions fom another contributor on this site who successfully navigated us to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the very heart of the Art Nouveau district in Brussels and just 10 minutes away from the Grand Place, the Catalonia Brussels (formerly HC Brussels) hotel offers their guests exterior, modern and comfortable rooms. All of them have free Wi-Fi connection and more than 20 international TV channels, as well as wide and fully equipped bathrooms for you to enjoy a pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Catalonia Brussels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Forum Hotel Saint-Gilles
- Catalonia Forum Brussels
- Catalonia Forum Hotel Brussels
- Hotel Catalonia Brussels Belgium