“Quirky mix of Belgian and Greek”
Review of .G-EA

.G-EA
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Saint-Gilles
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Quirky mix of Belgian and Greek”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Even on a Monday evening, this was a charming place to eat. An extensive menu including a range of mussels dishes and several Greek classics was presented. We opted for more Greek options. The food was delicious. I had a steak with a particularly tasty pepper sauce, my wife chose the ribs, prepared with the restaurant's own marinade. The owner and other staff could not have been more attentive, but they weren't overbearing. Others might not agree with that assessment. Complimentary appetisers and aperitifs were offered even digestives. The ambiance of the restaurant was very pleasant, well decorated and the Tom and Jerry cartoons playing on the TV were surprisingly not a distraction!

• Visited February 2014

Echternach, Luxembourg
“Lovely evening!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

During our recent trip to Brussels my friend and I suddenly found us in need of a good restaurant to spend a nice evening at - the concert we had planned to go to had been cancelled and now we had time for a proper dinner at our hands. Exhausted from the pre-Xmas crowds and frustrated by the tacky tourist traps in downtown Brussels, we tried our luck at G-EA which was by chance close to our hotel. Luck indeed, since the restaurant is stylish, but not overly so, and the menu that we settled for was excellent. This came as a bit of a surprise, since we are both vegetarians and the restaurant specialises in mussels and steaks! What really made our day, though, was the welcoming atmosphere of the place and the very friendly staff - even though we were obviously tourists, we were spoilt not only with an aperitif as well as a digestif, but got a complimentary bottle of wine for christmas, too. We would recommend G-EA to anyone who´s looking for a nice, casual night out with friends or a romantic dinner!

• Visited December 2013
Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,319 helpful votes
“Good Place for Mussels”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife, daughter and I ate here last week. They have an Italian and Greek menu and specialize in mussels. My wife and I had the mussels and thought that they were very good. My daughter's steak was good but had to be sent back as it was undercooked.

The manager is generally helpful but is a little pushy. The waiters were very professional.

It didn't look like their menu had changed for a number of years - it still showed cigar prices for a cigar bar that sounded like it was closed a long time ago. It was the only place that we went to in Belgium that didn't offer an English menu.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jeff K
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal with good service!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The four of us had a nice meal here on a busy Friday evening. Three people had melt in your mouth ribs and I had very large prawns in garlic. The very friendly manager seated us and we were served with bread and antipasti very quickly. Then his wife (who was also very friendly - can't believe Paddy Murphy in the review below even ate at the same place) gave us a free aperitif which was absolutely delicious. She even asked me later in the evening if I would like a wrap to cover my shoulders as it was getting cooler (didn't need it but very nice gesture). As a first time visitor to Brussels and this restaurant I would definitely recommend it. There was no evidence of any rudeness at all and although I don't think the owners spoke English, you shouldn't expect it and you can get by with a smattering of french.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank cvin84
Madrid, Spain
“Need to know how to treat customers!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I do not like to have dinner with my family and friends in a place where even the manager responsible is so rude, don't speak English and definitely don't have a clue about how to deal with customers and tourists...there are so many nice places in the same street, please go to La Vigne or Le Delirie Parisien, those are really worthy, food is lovely and staff is so kind.

• Visited August 2013