“Fabulous food”

Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Saint-Gilles
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived at La Vigne on a Sunday evening as it was one of the only good places open. We had a lovely welcome and setlled down for a leisurely meal. I had the onion soup which was the best I've ever eaten, followed by the tarragon chicken which came with potato croquettes and was perfectly seasoned. There are some nice little touches, like the biscuit box that arrives on your table with the coffee. However as the place filled up the service became frantic and we felt a bit rushed, like they wanted to free up our table. Two minutes after placing the bill in front of us the waiter was already checking it for money, which was a bit unnecessary. We were also left to our own devices on leaving, without so much as a 'bonsoir'. This was a real shame after such a warm welcome, and left us feeling a bit dejected!

1  Thank Claire B

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was in Brussels for a couple days on business. I didn't want to just eat in the hotel and overpay for moderate hotel food so I jumped on to Trip Advisor and learned of La Vigne. What a great recommendation...the food was very good (I had the onion soup and mussels with white wine) and the staff was very friendly.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I ate there several times, alone, with my family and for business purposes. Definitively top rated from all angle. A bit expensive but the benefits definitively outweigh the costs. I suggest to all those who first arrive in Brussels as people in there make you feel cuddled enough to go home with a big smile on your face. Finally the metre is exceptional ... And not because he is Italian. Try it

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We visited here a week or so ago after arriving in Brussels. It was quite early and they had only just opened, we were the first ones in the restaurant.

The waiter seated is and were given radishes and bread to eat first.

For starters we just had one between us, it was prawns in this lovely sauce, creamy and rich and great to dip bread in.

For mains I had the chicken in tarragon sauce which was lovely. For dessert I shared Dame Blanche which was lovely and the chocolate sauce was some of the best I tasted.

As we were leaving more people started coming in and the restaurant is a nice cosy setting.

If I were in Brussels I would definitely return and would recommend it.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was a great find! We began our time somewhat skeptically, but were quickly won over by this nice place...

As reported, extremely welcoming staff - it was cool and rainy - the manager took my hand and led us in! How could we not? Nice Bordeaux wine and local Belgian Lager - radishes (my favorite munchy veg!) and good bread ahead of our decision making...

We inquired about the €37 prix fixe menu - what a great option! Selecting "carte" from their starter menu - then a main, then a dessert...

OK - they had some pretty amazing selections - I chose a Moules in Saffron Soup - then Sweetbreads Tarragon - Oh my gosh - the soup was to die for - succulent mussels (plenty) in a light creamy saffron broth - with leeks, carrots, and tomatoes nicely julienne and in small pieces - so lovely! The sweetbreads were again, amazing - if you love tarragon with shallots in a nice lightly creamed browned sauce - these were just wonderful - little potato croquettes with them, but I was getting full! My husband got a beautiful gratinee onion soup, then the pot of plump Moules in garlic and white wine. Dessert was fresh strawberries and raspberries over a scoop of vanilla bean creme glacee - with chantilly and coulis of berries - my husband had the sorbet - passion fruit and raspberry - both extremely fresh and flavorful. This was a real treat on our last night of holiday! Very memorable evening!