Hotel Catalonia Brussels(Saint-Gilles)
  • Bar/Lounge
$87
$81
  • Restaurant
L'Art de la Fugue(Saint-Gilles)
$129
1,112 results
All reviewstoilet papershag carpetavenue louisetwo metro stationsminute walkcolour schemecity centregreat designquiet areashower gelthree nightsbed was comfortablebudget hotelshopping areashort staythe grand placebars and restaurants
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and found it to be a nice enough hotel. Fairly basic interior to the room, but it served its purpose.
The reception staff were the hotel's saving grace; we got about 30min of advice and sight seeing tips from the reception staff.
There is breakfast available, but it was cheaper/nicer to walk into town and grab something on the way.
The location was quite good as long as you are happy enough to walk about 5min to the nearest metro stop.
I'd recommend the hotel as a base for exploring the city.

Room Tip: You choose your colour theme for the room. We got a red themed one, and it was actually quite a dull set of colours.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
PantoneHotel, Public Relations Manager at Pantone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear ciarraioch ,

We are very happy you’d recommend the hotel as a base for exploring the city. We are also pleased to see you enjoyed our staff’s advices and we took into consideration your valuable remarks. Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon at Pantone Hotel!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a delightful hotel with well decorated rooms that are clean and warm (it was freezing outside when I was there).

The hotel is located only a few minutes walk from the shops and bars/restaurants around Ave Louise and the area will feel perfectly safe to an urban dweller. It's also only a short walk to the Palais de Justice, where you can take a lift down to the increasingly gentrified area of Les Marolles, with its daily flea market and interiors shops.

The only reason I haven't given a 5 star rating is that the automatic door closing mechanisms really should be adjusted a little so the doors don't slam shut. If you're trying to sleep at night it can get a bit annoying with all the bang,bang, bang as guests return from a night out.

Room Tip: This is actually closer to Hotel des Monnaies/Munhof Metro station than to Louise/Louiza.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear David-John H,

We are very happy that we managed to let you have a great stay in our hotel we want to thank you for this message. As we read your feedback we checked and realized the issue! We will adjust our automatic door closing as soon as possible.
We hope to be hosting you again soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Chose it more for its really good price and location than for its design concept - and it exceeded my expectations. Simple, contemporary and offering all you need during a city or business trip. Loved the breakfast - and the multicor touches here and there!

Dear Alexandra_Lina,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is even greater that you liked the concept!
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love the Pantone universe but I also like (and need) wifi and caffeine. The hotel was helpful about an early check in and friendly through the process of me waiting for the room to get cleaned. But the wifi doesn't work and beyond "having housekeeping reset the modem" (the hotel equivalent of yanking a plug out when computers don't do what one wants them to, clearly), I wasn't really offered much. I've here on work, and could have stayed at any number of business friendly hotels that are also elegant and design conscious. I'm speaking at a conference and I have a writing deadline, but the wifi still doesn't work and the reception's dismissive answer is "oh well, guess the modem on the 6th floor doesn't work". I asked for options, and was told I could sit in the reception area, hardly ideal when a) there isn't a single comfortable chair b) there's techno music on a loop c) there's no privacy through the floor to ceiling glass and d) the receptionist is so hostile and disinterested that I suspect a request for coffee or tea might be unwelcome.

Bottomline: if you love the idea of Pantone colours as a design motif for a hotel, don't need pleasant staff in the absence of in-room tea/coffee facilities or minibar, and will sacrifice service for design, the rooms are comfortable, simple, well heated and decently sized. If you want to stay connected, are here on business and would like basic service, I'd look elsewhere.

I'm very disappointed because I was about to book a 6 night stay for next month. Now I won't bother. In fact, I might just check out now.

Dear Blueperiod ,

We are sorry that our services didn’t meet your expectations. We apologize for the trouble you encountered with our free internet service. This aspect will be taken into account for our future decisions. We are always trying our best to make our customers feel welcome and we aim to improve our service.

Thank you for your detailed and constructive feedback!

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I cannot really fault the hotel. The rooms, though small, are immaculately clean with comfy beds and good bathrooms and showers. The location is very quiet as is the hotel so you will get a good nights sleep.
The downside is that it is a fair distance from the city center and the 40 minute walk takes you through some pretty dodgy areas. We were 2 fit strong males but a single female would feel very intimidated in these areas, though there is only a threat as it is so run down. Brussels has an ability to totally change from one street to the next and this is apparent in the journey to the center. I would advise females or singles to call a taxi or hop on the metro--- a cab from Grand Place is only about 8 euros. Locally to the hotel is a fair area with a couple of bars and restaurants which are fairly priced and reasonable menus.
All in all a reccomend and I would stay again but at the same price would rather stay in the Ibis central

Dear HeatonClassic ,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment! Great tips for our future guests. We will be pleased to welcome you again at our hotel!