Vintage Hotel Brussels(Saint-Gilles)(Great Value!)
$67
$52
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$82
Pantone Hotel(Saint-Gilles)(Great Value!)
$62
$54
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $61/night.

NH Brussels Stephanie(Saint-Gilles)(Great Value!)
$88
$103
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Hotel Neufchatel(Saint-Gilles)
$81
$70
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

Hotel Catalonia Brussels(Saint-Gilles)
$85
$75
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

All reviewsmidi stationsunday marketexecutive roomnice hotelminute walkafter darkmini baracross the roadcity taxnice sizeroom was largefollowing morninglocation was perfectbusiness hotelmain attractionscomfortable staybusiness trip
Reviewed May 12, 2017

On a business trip to Brussels I was not able to stay in the hotels where I usually stay. Because I like the Novotel chain I decided to try the Novotel near Midi station.

It is in a good location for the train station. The neighbourhood is a little bit shabby. When I told Belgian collegues that I was staying in this area, they were not too positive about this area too,

Check-in went smooth, the night porter was a very friendly man.

Room was small for a Novotel and didn't have the very clean look Novotels usually have. Bathroom was nice and clean.

Overall it was an ok experience but next time when in Brussels I'll try prefer to stay in my regular hotelsl

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

On business I opted for the novotel.due to it proximity to the Midi station.

So said so done. I arrived around 9ish feeling rather hungry.
Upon check in the lady needed 2 minutes to serve another guest in the hotel bar. Apparently on a Sunday there is only 1 staff member. I hope that is not a normal thing.
Check in for the rest was good, efficient. the lady was very friendly, welcoming and always has suggestions. I feel sorry for her to do everything at the same time. This Sunday guests were looking for drinks, check in, help and a chat and she dealt with it in a very admirable way.
No problems on the wifi noted.

The room was clean, a good size and quiet. the other problem, restaurant closed on Sundays.....so I had to resort to beer and peanuts. Dinner of champions.

Breakfast I had to skip due to early train departure. Check out was good and efficient.

yes definately a good place, but management should be carefull planning or on decision making of staffing. so expect so waiting time depending on when you stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2017

We only stay for one night, if you are catching or getting of the train at Midi station, this hotel is 3 min walk across the midi,
Very clean rooms, great variety of Breakfast, and most importantly very friendly and helpful staff.
We arrive early and left late afternoon next day, staff was really helpful with storage/ handling of our luggage,
Number of restaurants and eating options close to station, Brussels central is 20 min walking distance,
We will book this place again.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2017

I have stayed in many of the different brands of hotel in the accor group including several novotels but have never experienced such a bad vibe as the one when i arrived at this 1 the worst greeting from the member of staff on reception i have ever had from any hotel, she then tried to charge me for what i had already paid for , then after i showed her my invoice. she then demanded € 50 deposit for the contents of the mini bar ( about € 10 worth of cheap drinks) and refused me the key to the room until i handed over the money stating this was policy in Brussels Hotels , which i knew to be untrue as i had stayed in a different Hotel in another part of Brussels for the two previous nights.
I eventually went and collected some cash from a friend as i did not have my debit card to hand , and was eventually given the room key, i later returned to the Novotel later that evening only to find that the lights would not switch off , i contacted reception and met Clarisse ? was just the opposite of the morning receptionist and was most helpful, although the light problem was not resolved fully . due to a technical hitch. one other member of staff i encountered was working the bar in the evening and was extremely professional polite and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Joris C, General Manager at Novotel Brussels Centre Midi Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to submit a review on Tripadvisor after your stay with us.
We are sorry to hear that you did not appreciated your check in experience.
We ask a guarantee to each guests to cover any possible extra from the hotel (such as minibar, bar, restaurant). This amount is only blocked on your credit card and not charged. As my colleague explained you, this process is in place in a lot of hotels but they do not always in inform their guest. Our choice is to be transparent and clearly inform you.
On the other hand, I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the quality of service provided by our bartender and Clarisse.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,
Maxime Cusse
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Like its Accor stablemate, the Pullman, situated facing it on the opposite side of Midi railway station throat, this is a well-placed hotel, particularly convenient for those arriving by train. It is an interesting but slightly edgy 15-20 min walk into the city centre, but less than 5 minutes away from all the transport facilities (main-line rail, tram, bus, taxi) that the well-patrolled station has to offer. It therefore offers a high degree of security to late night travellers, whilst most of greater Brussels is less than 1/2 hour away.

In common with most hotels in the Accor chain, it is good value and reliable but inevitably a bit formulaic. The rooms are a decent size and their facilities more than adequate. I stayed in 806, one of several that a have a spacious private balcony with panoramic views of the railway, if you like that sort of thing. I do. For those who don't, sound insulation was very effective.

The major problem was that the room had recently been contaminated by a smoker and needed a very thorough airing; a bit of a problem at a rather chilly midnight, and only partially successful. It had clearly permeated the soft furnishings.This is the reason for the relatively low score; the room was otherwise impeccably clean. The fabled Accor beds served their purpose admirably.

The buffet breakfast was plentiful, well-varied and of generally high quality. The value was fair for a city not renowned for cheap eating. The bar was well stocked with a good range of fairly standard beers and I was very cheerfully served at 01.00, which is a big bonus.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business