“Quirky hotel surrounded by restuarants!”

Vintage Hotel Brussels
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Quirky hotel surrounded by restuarants!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My partner and I loved staying at the Vintage for two nights in July. The hotel is decked out with all sorts of 70s and 80s inspired decor and our room was the same. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you have a look at the photos you will see that our room was on the small side, but I think the rooms can vary a lot depending on location within the hotel, so you could end up with something completely different.
The hotel is a 1 minute walk from two streets filled with cafes and restuarants, which is what we loved most about our location. About a 2-3 min walk to the nearest train station.
Not a lot to do in Brussels, but our hotel seemed to be in an expensive neighbourhood, surrounded by shops like Bulgari, Gucci, Chanel etc. so if you enjoy shopping this is a great location. Otherwise you can catch the train to any other area. This surprised us as we got a great price with the hotel and were in what seemed to be a very expensive neighbourhood.
Would recommend staying in Brussels on the weekend as most tours (except Red sight-seeing bus) do not operate on weekdays.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Megseggs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
faenza
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was in Brussels one month ago for business. The hotel was reserved long in advance, due to the crowded period. The location is interesting, quiet and close to the town centre. Further the hotel is not part of any hotel chains. Sounds good. At the closest metro station (Louiza) I get bad directions and it takes more than 20 minutes to get there (usually 5minutes are more than enough!). On my arrival at the hotel expectations seems to be realised: not completely. The room I wasgiven was a very small one for 4 nights (no wardrobe, a very little table with chair) which I paid for a regular price of Euro135,00/night (offer taken two months before) excepted for the 1st night paid 99,00 Euros (noticed on the bill AFTER checking out). My advice is the to take your time to arrive, ask to see the room you will be given especially if your visit last more than one night! For the rest you will stay in a hotel with personality in a very calm location close to town centre and with a good breakfast, which offers and adequate variety of products

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Innsbruck
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Returning to Brussels twice a year I had the opportunity to stay in various hotels so far. This place is defenitely a good alternative to major hotels. It has a personal atmosphere, attracts a stylish crowd and offers good wines in the evening.
The offered breakfast is a good start for the working day.
The room(s) are truly vintage style, beds are great. Probably the style is not for everybody, but staying here for a week is just alright.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank SFH75x
Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stayed there for two nights at the end of September. My flight arrived early, and I was able to leave my luggage in the luggage room /or shall I call it the winery?/. The hotel was very nice and clean, unique furniture, I felt like I was back in the 70s.
My room was on the third floor and there was a lift to it. The lift really showed some character!
I liked it that there was no air conditioning /they want to stay green and offered fans, which I didn't need at this time of year. I read here that many people complained about the noise but I didn't hear anything although my room was also facing the street /or maybe because I sleep like a log :)/
The bathroom was spacious enough and also very clean.
Of course, it will be unfair not to mention the location. It was right in the centre, near the Metro station and a tram stop.
Breakfast was great - everything I needed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mir929
Canberra
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at the Vintage Hotel and have mixed feelings over it. The first night I stayed on the first floor in a small but clean and comfortable room, however there was quite a lot of street noise and no fan/air conditioning. The second and third night I stayed, I was moved to room 1 (at my request as I had a friend coming to meet me and we need to single beds) and the room was huge with a well equipped bathroom. Once again, the street noise was quite loud and as the room opened into the dining area, it was also considerably noisy. Although there is an extra set of doors to room 1 to minismise noise, this did not help and we could hear the hotel staff setting breakfast up until midnight and then preparing food from 5am. The hotel itself is lovely and really well decorated and the staff are helpful and willing to assist in any questions.Breakfast is fairly standard but provides more than enough options. It is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel to the Grand Place. Would stay again but would ask for a room with less noise.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
The Netherlands
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Weekend stay so we were able to book against a good rate. Room on ground floor, spacious enough with 2 comfortable beds. As we were on ground floor, we did not get to see any of the other hallways. In general it has a very pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. The furniture and accesories are just great to look at. Rooms all have dark carpeting as opposed to what you see on the website. Breakfast has all you need in fresh food, you can boil your own eggs and make your own coffee as you please. Friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Giggi01
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at the Vintage hotel for 1 night in July 2011. The hotel is located in fairly central Brussels and in very near to a nice selection of bars, restaurants and shops. The hotel was quite easy to find once we understood the one-way systems and tunnels.

Despite being early, our room was ready and we were given our key. Check-in was quick and easy with friendly and helpful staff.

Our room was on the first floor at the front of the building. Although the building is served by a lift, to get to our room we then had to go up some steps and then down some steps into the room immediately after opening the room door. This combined with a narrow door opening and a suitcase was slightly awkward. The room is nice but quite plain in contrast to the common areas in the hotel. The room was a reasonable size and had everything you would need for a city break; I also liked the plush carpet and large window. The shower room was clean and functional but quite small; however the combination of the shower tray and curtain meant it was impossible to prevent the floor getting wet.

The hotel has a few parking spaces available in the secure car park opposite the hotel entrance. However, despite having reserved the space (and being charged for it), for most of the day the space was taken up by another car so we had to move the car around a few times.

The breakfast in the main foyer / reception area was a continental breakfast including a good selection of fresh baked goods, cereals, fruits, meats and cheeses along with a few cooked items. A good choice of teas, coffees and fruit juices.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cdwc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Made in Louise
Motel One
Motel One
#22 of 199 in Brussels
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,336 reviews

Been to Vintage Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!