“Very nice hotel, not just for business people” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Brussels Woluwe

Ramada Brussels Woluwe
Colorado Springs
“Very nice hotel, not just for business people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

My children and I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Brussels and were pleasantly surprised that his room easily got changed into a familyroom. The people at the reception were very friendly and explained where you could park the car. The rooms are very tasteful and big. Breakfast was wonderful, huge variety of everything. Even fresh mint for tea! The waiting staff was very friendly. We took a short walk through the park to the bus stop. From there we could take the bus and see a bit of Brussels on the way. I found public transportation eays and cheap. My children loved taking the Metro. We had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We slept on the street side, but didn't hear anything. Not many cars driving past or good window...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mila Z
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Mila Z,

We thank you for your review and we are pleased with your happy stay at the hotel.
Hope to see you soon with your family in Brussels, excellent regards,

Stephane De Bruyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The service is very good and friendly but beware the restaurant is closed on Saturday for lunch. Room very comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast buffet is one of the best we have ever seen with an array of products to suit every taste. Car parking arrangements are a little complicated and the free parking is not very big. The paying underground car park was almost empty.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank forbes1
Dear Forbes,

We thank you for your information and review of our hotel.
Indeed the hotel parking area is sometimes more difficult to find due to the changed traffic flux created to empasize on public transport bus lines.

We hope to solve this matter by thanks to some help of the city administration,
excellent regards

Crewe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed recently on a business trip. Very new hotel. Many trainees on reception, so checking in and out took longer than I am used to. Mid-way between the airport and the city. Room decor is a little dramatic - minimalist, quite black and white. Everything very clean and worked well, reasonably priced too. It is a bit difficult to get to the car park if you simply drive to the postal address in Ave des Pleiades and then have to find it after checking it - it's round the back of the hotel but not so easy to get there from the front.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CheshireJon
Dear Cheshire,

We thank you for having taken the time to reply on tripdavisor.

The modern designed rooms are indeed minimalistic, which is a choice of the interior designer :-)
I completely understand your vision, kindly note that a lot of people like this neutral colours.

Excellent regards from Brussels,

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed for a night on a business trip, got a pretty good rate considering the location and the price of other similar hotels nearby. The staff are very helpful and efficient, breakfast is really good. The hotel caters to large holiday groups, I guess as there was one group which was seated and served separately to the other guests and i think this was a good move as otherwise it might have been a bit crowded. I made sure to checkout before the group and I'm not sure if they would have had separate check-out staff for the large group. The car parking is convenient and you have the option of outdoor (5euros) and indoor (10euros). Overall a pleasant stay and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tanvir,

Thank you for your posting !

We indeed have 2 seperate breakfast buffets and seperate reception parts.
At individual check-out reception area there is no delay possible.

All the best !

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visit this brand new hotel in december 2014, the atmosphere is really nice, the staff is polite and very profesionnal..
A big and secure parking is available.
The breakfast include a large panel of many kind of excellent quality products.
Comfortable room well surrounded although a near highway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Ronny,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor.
We will continue to do our outmost in order to remain qualitative on our proposed hospitality.
Excellent regards,
hope to welcome you soon in Brussels,

Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We ended up staying here because of car problems. The hotel is located about 6 minutes by car to any food outside the hotel. For the 4 days we stayed at the hotel, breakfast was amazing. It had your typical spread of hot & cold meats, eggs, cereal, yogurt, pastries, cheeses, fresh fruit, plenty of bread to choose from, coffee and 6 types of juices. We had dinner at the hotel twice. The duck and the fish were cooked to perfection. My only problem is they do not have a kids menu. Please add something such as grilled cheese, chicken tenders, or a slice of pizza to the menu. My family and I loved the design of the hotel. They also do military discount if you present your card upon check in. The hotel staff helped us out tremendously. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lauren,

Thank you for having chosen the Ramada Brussels Woluwe during the car problems.

We are verry happy about your suggestions regarding the child satisfaction upgrade trough a Child Menu or Child suggestion. At our next Food & Beverage meeting, we will discuss this matter and insert some items in order to be more kids' friendly. Excellent remark !

Do not hesitate to ask us any help for any other request.
Assuring you of our best services at all times, lots of greetings from Brussels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Ramada name is one I've always associated with reasonably decent hotels, although I can't recall the last time I stayed in one, but I think it was in the UK, possibly Brighton, some years ago.

On this short trip to Brussels, my travel company booked me a room at the Ramada Brussels, which was a fair way by cab from Brussels Midi station. I'd taken the Eurostar from St Pancras.

The cab journey seemed endless, but eventually I arrived to discover that the hotel had no record of my booking. I called my London-based travel company and it was revealed that the hotel was at fault. I stood around for about 15 minutes and was eventually given a room, which, it has to be said, was miles too big for my needs: it had three beds (two singles pushed together to make a double plus a single bed). I can't say I was happy and my unhappiness was amplified when I discovered that the television didn't seem to work; the telephone had sticky keys making it impossible to use and, later, I found that the bathroom was dysfunctional. How? First, it was the age old problem of hotel designers not sticking to the rule of 'function before form'. Once again I found myself wondering how does the plug work? There was nothing to press or turn to depress the plug and prevent water escaping and while I spent ages running my hand around the outside of the bowl and looking everywhere for something I could use to depress the plug and enjoy a shave WITHOUT having the tap continuously running, I gave up.

Then, a similar problem with the shower. Normally, if the shower is part of the bathtub's tap arrangement, it's a simple case of turning on the taps, getting the mixture of hot and cold just right and then lifting up the lever (which is normally on top of the tap) and the shower springs into action. But there was no lever and there was nothing else to press or pull. I was there for a good ten minutes before I gave up and had a normal bath instead. All very, very annoying.

I wasn't happy with the hotel decor either. The black and white theme made me feel as if I was staying in a large, empty packet of Lambert & Butler cigarettes. Then there was the view from the hotel window: dreary office buildings. Brussels isn't that attractive, apart from the Grand Place.

So, there I was. Travelling alone (as always) with little to do in the evening and a fair way from any restaurants as the hotel was in a kind of business/residential area. It wasn't just a case of wandering outside, walking a few blocks and finding a restaurant. I opted instead for the hotel restaurant and it was here that things began to improve. I was one of no more than five diners, all solitary individuals like myself bar, I think, one couple.

I ordered soup followed by one of the specials and accompanied by a glass or two of Duvel Belgian beer. It was all fantastic. Inobstrusive service made it all the better and I finished off with a fresh fruit salad before heading back to my room for a broken night, thanks, possibly, to the two Duvels, but also the room, which was too hot and, to be honest, having had problems with sinks and showers, I thought I wouldn't even bother attempting at 3am in the morning. I can't stand sleeping in a huge room and had to switch from the 'double' bed to the single because the 'double' was right by the 'hallway' leading to the door and was adjacent to the heating system/air-con unit that was making all the noise.

Another problem with this hotel was the overall design of the building, which made things very confusing and let's not forget that I'd already had a confusing time of it just checking in (they didn't have a reservation for me, remember). When I was eventually given my key card I was directed to my left and along a long corridor to the elevator (lift) where I travelled to the third floor and my room. But the elevator was miles away from the reception area towards the end of the corridor. There was a similar corridor on the other side of reception with a lift further down the hall. Anyway, the point of this is simple: the hotel restaurant was on the first floor and up a flight of steps that was visible from the reception area. I, however, was on the third floor so I thought: simple, get out on the first floor and go to the restaurant from there. But could I find the restaurant? No way! I ended up going to the ground floor and then making my way up the aforementioned flight of stairs.

So, lots of problems with this hotel, but after my business appointment – which was close to the hotel and where, incidentally, the person I was meeting told me that he too had problems with working the shower when he stayed there – I decided not to go into central Brussels for lunch, but stay at the hotel. I enjoyed another very good meal. The restaurant, in fact, gave me cause to go some way towards forgiving the hotel for its sins outlined above.

The only other good thing about it was free WiFi and the Japanese receptionist who was friendly and helpful.

Would I return? Not sure. The food was good but there were a lot of niggly things that annoyed me and would put me off booking again, also it was a long way from the centre of town, ie a bus journey from outside the hotel and then a trip on the metro system.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello Mr Matthew Moggridge,

Thank you for this large and interesting information about the hotel.

Decors and colours are difficult to discuss, even more difficult to change to everybody's taste :-)
We understand your vision and also thank you for the detailed feedback about restaurant and bathroom.

We have analysed all remarks and will bring this to attention at our next weekly general meeting.
Excellent regards, thank you again,

Stéphane De Bruyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
Housingbrussels
Van Belle Hotel
Van Belle Hotel
#4 of 6 in Anderlecht
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,743 reviews

Been to Ramada Brussels Woluwe? Share your experiences!