“Good Location”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
Scotland
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel is located on a busy shopping street, with the entrance between shops, with an escalator up to reception. The staff all spoke excellent English, which was a relief as I had started trying out my rusty, schoolgirl French.

My room was clean and pleasantly furnished. My only complaint was that the air conditioning/heating did not allow the room temperature to be below 19 degrees, which was too hot for me, especially as there was a very heavy duvet on the bed.

I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, as I was horrified at the thought of paying EUR 28. There are several cafes nearby, so this wasn't a problem.

I ate in the restaurant one evening and had a very tasty risotto.

As others have noted, I'm not entirely sure that this is what I would have expected of a 5 star hotel, I would have thought it more of a good 4 star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Absolutely loved my week long stay here in a standard double room with a view. The comfort and cleanliness of the room was flawless, high thread count linens, a lovely turn-down service with ambient lighting and music to return to and the convenient iPod dock, the bathroom fittings were stunning and no sound leakage from other rooms or the hallways. The rooftop bar was perfect for mingling with a well mixed cocktail and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend this hotel. The location is ideal for wandering around Brussels on foot and is a few minutes walk to the main train station for day trips and onward journeys. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SOFITELBLL, Responsable des Services d'Accueil at Sofitel Brussels Le Louise, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a delightful comment! On behalf of my colleagues, thank you very much for having taken the time to share it with the on-line travel community.
It is so wonderful for us to learn that you had a memorable time at Brussels.
Anticipating our guests’ needs and providing bespoke service is a credo we commit to every day. We are all eager to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards,
Stéphanie Bronner
Front of House Manager
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked to stay here for one night after spending a week in Paris with friends. The hotel is a fantastic example of the Sofitel Brand the rooms are super. We do not have diner in hotel.The breakfast was ok but not according to 5 star hotel specialy for the price.The value for money are not there.
We truly recommend this hotel for this great and friendly service.

Room Tip: Back side rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I enjoyed staying here for three nights in early oct 2013 the room was very well equipped and very comfortable and very clean with everything you need.. The decor was what I expected from The Sofitel and I felt I was in a quality hotel.. The only downside was that I ordered breakfast to eat in my room but it never came ... Then I found out it was still charged to my room.. I was shown the signed receipt to show I had accepted the breakfast in my room.. All I can say is it looked like it was in Chinese, so I said does that really match my signature?? It was eventually taken off my bill but I felt like I was the one in the wrong. Other than that I would definitely stay here again and probably will as I travel to Brussels very often..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I had the basic Classic room, which was fine for the short stay. Very comfortable bed, very quiet and high quality amenities. The rainshower is great. The view onto the street from the first floor was nothing to write home about, if you're there during the day and want some views I would recommend a higher floor with courtyard view. The free in-room WiFi is actually quite fast and more than good enough for browsing, email etc - I even watched a NFL-livestream without problems (which usually is a challenge even on paid WiFi)

The rates vary enormously, because all the diplomats leave Brussels on friday it's relatively cheap on weekends (from about 130 Euro per night) but can easily rise to more than double that on busy weeknights. I paid around 200 Euro which felt like good value for a 5* hotel on a prime location. Book well in advance to secure an attractive rate. If you have a car you can park in the 2 Portes garage for 15 Euro's per 24hrs, it's only a short walk and cheaper than using the valet service.

The bar is lively and has a good cocktail selection. Breakfast is good but nothing really special, the sister-Sofitel (Europe) nearby has a more impressive buffet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
#21 of 199 in Brussels
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,343 reviews
Hilton Brussels Grand Place

Been to Sofitel Brussels Le Louise? Share your experiences!