“Excellent, supreme service!”

Sofitel Brussels Le Louise
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel, after staying for 3 nights there, on business. This is definitely one of the best hotels in Brussels that I have stayed at (And I have stayed in most of the luxurious hotels that there are in that city, including The Hotel which is just across the street from this one).To start from the reception desk- the staff are extremely kind, attentive and helpful, fast in checking the guests in and nothing that you ask for is too much of a trouble! They gave me another room as the one that they pre-booked me for had a garden view (as some kind of an air-conditioner or water tank below the room was too noisy), thereby giving me a street-view room, so that I could have a better-night's rest. (The windows are well insulated and quite sound proof so that the noise from the street will not be much of a trouble). They also provided an additional blanket, in case I needed it and several bottles of water.The room that I had was a luxury category room (as I was a part of the State delegation) and it was indeed luxurious! They know what women need - a spotless clean room and bathroom, an iron, ironing-board, special separate bags for clothes and shoes disposal, special satin-covered hangers for your delicate shirts, a good hair-dryer, a make-up magnifying mirror, Hermes toiletries,more than 6 towels of different size, good quality slippers and bathrobes, coffee and tea making machines, a complimentary bottle of water every night, sheets changed every day, a fluffy and incredibly comfortable bed... I do read other people's comments and I was horrified when I read that towel rail was over the toilet??!! Come on, people, there is a partition wall between the bathtub and the toilet in case you did not notice, whereby the towel rail is above the bathtub, on that side of the partition wall and NOT on the side where the toilet is! In my humble opinion,the only hotel bathroom that could beat this one is definitely the bathroom in the Splendid hotel in Budva, Montenegro (that one is made of marble all over and has both a bathtub and a shower even in standard rooms, with all the above-mentioned additions and even several more). I had the best ever sleep and I simply loved the room. Well lit and air conditioned too. The mini-bar is rather basic though, but it is free of charge in a luxury room. Wi-Fi is free of charge too and available in rooms. As I have already implied, the housekeeping service is excellent and the room was thoroughly cleaned and made-up. A safe deposit box is also available free of charge and it is big enough to put your 15" laptop computer there.
The only fault that I can find is that breakfast is not really something that you would expect from a 5 star hotel- service in the restaurant could be faster and better, and there are no eggs (of any type - scrambled, boiled or sunny-side-up) served at breakfast - you actually have to pay additionally for them - that is what I found ridiculous as all other ingredients that make continental breakfast were included - bacon, cheese, salami etc.
I did not have time to go to the spa or even ask for it, but I am not even sure there is any. If there isn't, massages at least would be a welcoming addition.
All in all, this is an amazing hotel, I will grab the first opportunity to go back!!!

Room Tip: Take a room with a street view as there are some rather noisy water tanks or air-conditioners below...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank dragon_girl67
SOFITELBLL, Responsable des Services d'Accueil at Sofitel Brussels Le Louise, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guests

We would like to thank you very much to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate a lot your comment and it’s pleasant for us to known these details. We would like to inform you that we are working to further improve the quality every day in our hotel.

It’s always a real pleasure for us to known that you have spent a nice first stay with us. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff, as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Stéphanie Bronner
Front of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,174)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Kirsti G
SOFITELBLL, Responsable des Services d'Accueil at Sofitel Brussels Le Louise, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Honestly, I cannot imagine how this hotel been rated as 5 stars hotel. Guys it is trap and does not worth more than 3 stars. I used to base my selection on the name of the hotel and people reviews that I read from different sources including well-known booking websites. But this time people’s comments on this hotel were misleading. I booked for one week with average cost 316 Euro per day, which is really more than what it is worth. I rate this hotel comparing to expected 5 stars hotel standards.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have stayed in Brussels on many occasions - for one reason or other I decided to ring the changes and opt for a different hotel this time. I'm pleased I did.
On arrival there was a warm welcome and I was made to feel a valued guest. They had noted my (perennial) request that I would rather have a quiet room away from the elevators. They offered a room on the top floor, which meant an automatic upgrade. What's not to like?!
The room was not huge but very comfortable for just me. The bed was extremely comfortable, plump pillows and a very firm but quilted mattress.
The bathroom had a great shower and generous provision of Hermes toiletries. I thought the towels were a bit thin.
The mini bar was basic but at least there was one!
The TV had some serious tuning issues but I was too tired to sit up watching it beyond the news anyway. Breakfast was included in my room rate and was, in my opinion, generous and tasty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was staying at this hotel overnight for business. I went out for an early morning walk upon return my key card would not work in the elevator. I went to the front desk, and they calmly told me that it was deactivated because I needed to give them my credit card. Apparently it was a mixup and they did not take my card when I check in as they thought that my room would be master build to the business event. But why would they handle it by simply walking me out rather than contacting me?. Other than that, the hotel public areas are generally nice, but the rooms look like an IKEA.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank NotoriousCLO
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in "luxury room" with a "garden view"

The room was average size with a poorly designed bath room (bath towel rail near the toilet). To get a view of the garden we would have had to hang out of the window and grow a rubber neck.

One staff member in the restaurant was blatantly rude however the reception staff and the manager were very good.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been many times in this great hotel. This Sofitel hotel is is a gem in the heart of capital of Europe. Nice walk to the main Brussels attractions. Grand place, petit and grand Sablon is within 10 to 15 minutes walking distance. Metro station is just few meters of the entrance of the hotel. Staff is the big ace of the hotel, from the bell boys, to receptionist, waiters and maids are great smiling persons all the time next to you in order to help and serve you. A big thank you to all of them!

Room Tip: High floor rooms over Avenue de la toison d' Or have great Brussels city view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SOFITELBLL, Responsable des Services d'Accueil at Sofitel Brussels Le Louise, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Brussels Le Louise. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Sincerely.

Stéphanie BRONNER
Responsable des Services d'Accueil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 15 in Ixelles
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon

Been to Sofitel Brussels Le Louise? Share your experiences!