“A very good choice and value”

Sofitel Brussels Le Louise
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at this place with my son on my short stay in Brussels. The location is a little remote from the ceter of the city (a short taxi ride) but close to the Boulevard Louise and Le Sablon. Service is very attentive and friendly, especially the concierge who was extremely helpful in finding solutions to our various needs (restaurants, guided tours, etc.). Our room was well appointed, the bed provides a really good night sleep. Breakfast is elaborate and very well presented. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the inner part of the hotel, which probably added to the sleep quality.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sofitel Brussels Le Louise

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I thought service was dead in Europe- no porters anywhere- train stations, airports, and invisible even at nice hotels. NOT SO at the Sofitel Louise!!!! I was very impressed with the service at this chic, lovely, well-situated hotel. Upon pulling up in our rental car, several porters quickly unloaded all our luggage/ shopping bags and brought a trolley to fill. Everyone was kind, greeting us with happy smiles and concern about making our stay at the hotel and in beautiful Brussels special.
This is a top- notch modern property that oozes with charm and special touches. It was a treat to stay here. The room was lovely with a beautiful view from the fifth-floor window down to a very pretty outdoor seated courtyard and across the city. Extremely comfortable bedding and well- thought out comfortable design in the room decor. Great bathroom with Hermes toiletries.
Room service was prompt and tasty. Check-out was courteous and efficient. The concierge was very kind and knowledgable, providing thoughtful detail and expertise to help with any and all questions. A delightful stay and I will happily stay here again. This is a nice location- I usually stay much more in the center but the Avenue Louise area is great and I would choose this hotel over the other Brussels hotels we have stayed in 100% including the Le Meridien and Royal Windsor. Tiniest gripes (no treadmill in health club, toiletries (shampoo etc) not replaced after first night for second night by housekeeper, and an open overlooked can of orange drink in our mini bar.) Other than these little nit-picky things, the stay was PERFECT in every way. Do yourself a favor and book the Sofitel Le Louise when in beautiful Brussels!!!!! Kudos to the management- how wonderful to stay in an establishment that is GETTING IT RIGHT. By far the nicest hotel we have stayed in on this trip and in quite a while- and we are very well-travelled. Do not hesitate in booking here.

Room Tip: We loved our 5th floor room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Evelyn S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for business but wold also stay here for pleasure. The hotel is well located near shops and restuarants but tucked away up some discreet elevators but with a doorman to welcome you. Reception is small and personal, checkin was quick and easy. The rooms are not large but are a decent size for my stay. The room has a nice coffee machine, safe and drinks cabinet although a little pricey. My bed was comfortable and the room had TV with plenty of channels and a very nice Bose music system. My view over looked the court yard area and had an opening window. The bathroom had a walk in shower of a decent nice, nicely tiled area with stylish bathroom units. I ordered cheese player, pricey at 18 euros, however it was bought to my room promptly and was an excellent selection. There is also free wifi throughout. I used the bar which was large and quite funky serving drinks to 1am. Service was good but yet again pricey. In the court yard here is a very nice bar area, which I imagine on a nice night would be busy. There is also a small loung area which I held some business meetings which was just perfect. I could not fault the hotel, the service and the young lady who assisted with some drinks for room service on the front desk overnight. Brilliant!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sofitel Le Louise, has all the ingredients of an efficient hotel in a European city. Location, attentive staff, efficient concierge, clean rooms and good quality food. For what we paid, it was amazing value. my only complaint would have to be that the house keeping was a little slow, and didnt service our room on day 1. otherwise, a super choice.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A group of us stayed here during the Brussels Non/European Art Fair. After the Fair, the hotel concierge set up private transportation so could visit the Royal Museum of Central Africa and the MAS in Antwerp. The hotel service was outstanding. All 8 of us thought the beds were divine.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Sofitel is supposed to be a luxury hotel and it fills the criteria: very attentive staff, some extra details in the room, nice and tasty breakfast.

I asked for a quiet room and got one at the upper floors; no disturbing noise there. The room was beautiful and well planned and the bathroom was big with nice toiletries.

The location of the hotel is good for tourists; there are many interesting sights nearby and a lot of shops and restaurants. The EU district is further away but the metro connection is ok.

With this high prices one gets quite critical, so there were a few little things that could be improved. I normally like soft beds but this one felt somewhat worn. The mattress was slightly concave, so I could only sleep in the middle. There was a lot of choice at the breakfast buffet but some sausages etc were not as warm as they should.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed our 4 night stay in 2 luxury rooms and 1 suite. Concierge and front desk were very helpful and friendly and English was excellent. Housekeeping was always obliging to assist and cleaned well. Rooms facing the courtyard should be aware that the restaurant below plays loud music on weekends, so try to get high room or one opposite the courtyard.

Location is about 20min walk to Grand place but close by to shopping street and Metro. We recommend taking the hop on buses which has a stop 5min from the hotel.

Room Tip: Book high up away from the restaurant/courtyard which is open to public for cocktails every night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Sofitel Brussels Europe
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Sofitel Brussels Le Louise? Share your experiences!