“Definitely place to stay”

Sofitel Brussels Le Louise
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My son and I had a great experience with the hotel. We have arrived early, way before check-in, and the front desk manager , Stephanie took care of us, offered us room very quickly. It was great, we had some rest and went exploring Brussels. she offered me some coffee , we were treated like family.
The room is super clean, very modern, the beds are superb as was mentioned by some responses on Trip advisor. Small nice things like water, chocolates, cookies gratuite- all add some nice feelings.
Thank you to hotel employees for making the stay so memorable.
central attractions are 10-15 minutes walk.
Enjoy this hospitality, fellow travelers.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sonostrov
Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Arriving with a car to the hotel and no one was there from vallet to collect the car which was a point down for the hotel.

Other wise baggage collection and checking in to the room was ok and the room is spacious.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is another great sofitel in a good location. It's right in the center of shopping district and 1 min walk from a metro station. About 25 min walk to Grand Place area (the first 10 to 15 min is a walk with not much to be seen, and no stores). The rooms although small, are nice and clean just up to sofitel standard. The concierge is great and very helpful. Our breakfast buffet is included and the food is good (both hot and cold items available). Love the freshly squeezed juices !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed in the hotel during a long weekend in Brussels. Hotel is very good. Beautifully designed, clean and the staff are friendly. We were upgraded for free on arrival, although our room wasn’t ready until 3pm. The room was a decent size, had a great bed, cool decoration and a decent 'rainfall' shower. Hotel is ideally located a pleasant 15 min walk from the centre and is in an area filled with designer shops.

Only negative would be the staff on the front desk. Whilst they were very friendly, they couldn't recommend a decent bar/restaurant in the area and they failed to book us a taxi on two separate occasions. Neither are the ‘crimes of the century’ and we managed to get a taxi/find a good restaurant on our own but such service is something you do expect (and pay for) from a 5 star hotel.

All in all would 100% recommend this hotel for a couple looking for a boutique hotel in Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matty425
Reviewed June 15, 2012

OK so we go away and the one thing we all tend to worry about is sleeping in a bed that is not ours and having a bad nights sleep..... well at the Sofitel, Le Louise you have finally found a hotel that understands the key to great bedrooms is an amazing bed. Here you have the most fantastic bed, matress, toppers, bed linen and the icing on the cake .... a pillow menu.

I travel to Brussels on a regular basis and sometimes I go to bed at eight in the evening just to fully enjoy the bed, the pillows and the best sleep I ever get away from home.

I defy you to stay here and not want to take the bed et al. home and oddly enough you can for 4,000 Euro and that speaks volumes to the attention to detail that has obviously gone into making sure you have the best nights sleep you can.

The staff are always helpful, attentive and after my second visit used my name to great me for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast is lovely, well presented and very creative, great smothies, unusual fruits and amazing bread.

I often eat in the restaurant and to date have always loved my meal, who ever looks after the kitchen has a real eye for detail and a great palate. The food is a lovley suprise, although I noted last time a change to the menu so I'll report back if it's not as it's always been.

So the big question is would I stay again? Of course I always do... Only once has it been so fully booked that I've had to stay somewhere else and boy did I miss the beds and pillow menu's!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Normally I take care writing my reviews and attempt to detail aspects of the stay. The problem is the smell in the bathroom trumps the other stuff which is ....ok. I've complained two days in a row and both times the hotel promptly sent housekeeping to check on the odor. I think the smell must be a chronic problem and they just try to overpower it with a cologne like room spray. Good thing I would leave my room early in the day and return late. My room opens to the hotel courtyard which is an outdoor lounge with music. I don't mind but I'm sure some will. It's reminiscent of my college dorm room which opened onto the quad where stereos were blaring.

Importantly, the beds are super comfortable with high threadcount sheets. The staff is friendly and eager. The breakfast buffet is expansive (and expensive). The location is central to ultra high end shopping if that interests you. Rooms are clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank extinctdu
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Booked this hotel largely on the strength of previous Tripadvisor reviews, and was very disappointed. In its favour, the staff are friendly, efficient and very helpful and can't be faulted. However my room overlooks the garden at the back of the hotel from where as I type (at 11pm) there is loud music blaring, as there has been for the last four hours. To add insult to injury I was disgusted, as a paying guest of the hotel, to be denied service in both the bar and restaurant because of the same event. It would have been nice to have had some notice of this either when booking or on checking in, but it seems the hotel cares more about its corporate parties than the comfort of its guests. Beware.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank David M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
#27 of 199 in Brussels
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon

Been to Sofitel Brussels Le Louise? Share your experiences!