“Fantastico!”
Review of Italia In Tavola Glutenfree - CLOSED

Italia In Tavola Glutenfree
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: restaurant italien avec une cuisine traditionnelle et sans glutenLa notre est une preoccupation importante pour tous les types d'allergies alimentaires, le proprietaire est coeliaque, mais on ne s'arrete pas seulement a etre allergique au gluten, tous nos plats, sur demande, peuvent egalement etre prepares pour les personnes intolerantes au lait, aux oeufs et aux differents types de fruitstous nos plats sont egalement a emporter
Tervuren, Brabant, Belgium
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to Italia in Tavola three times already (Including on my birthday), and I can say that they have some of the best gluten-free pizzas you can find, especially in Belgium. During my three visits, I tried three different main courses, Tagliatelle alla Bolognese, Pasta alla Norma (Pasta with aubergines), and Hawaiian Pizza. For my starter, I tried Parma Ham with gluten-free rolls - which were so nice I had it as my starter on all three of my visits.

Italia in Tavola is quite possibly the best place in brussels for gluten-free dining. PLUS, you can order pizzas to take home and cook later, which I think is a bonus. If you're a coeliac and are looking for a restaurant in Brussels that does gluten free pizzas, your choice is simple.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Thomas L

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Gluten Free Italian”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

my boyfriend and I are gluten free and in Brussels on vacation so we decided to check this place out. We ordered the margherita pizza and added mushrooms and the lasagna bolognese and both were excellent. We were pleasantly surprised seeing as the whole menu is offered gluten free- pastas, pizzas, meats and fish. Even her (the owner and one of the chefs) homemade bread was excellent. For dessert we had a torta with strawberries which was also very good.

The owner is Italian and also gluten free. I highly suggest taking the trip here, there are busses that will take you a block away from here. If you are gluten free, and even if you're not, and love Italian- go here.

Tip- they do not know English so be prepared to have some difficulty if you have questions about the menu or want to change the order. They know Italian, French and a little bit of Spanish.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank clttraveltheworld
“A slice of Italy”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

As an Italian living abroad, I get homesick quite a while. This pizza is the best relief I can think of, proper italian pizza, excellent service.

• Visited January 2014
Malmö
“Simply great for the gluten free and everyone else!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the best selection of home made gluten free food in any EU Capital!?
Brussels is blessed to have this place, haven't found any other restaurant that offers everything gluten free from fresh (yes) pasta to lovely pizzas.
The staff (thank you Santina) are always more than helpful and service minded and make this rather ordinary looking restaurant feel like a five star place.
I have to mention that it's the absolute opposite for Ricotta & Parmesan near Grand Place/Place Monnaie, where the (gluten free pasta) food is fine but the prices are too high and the staff really ignorant and non-friendly. Advice: Take the bus 95 from Monnaie and exit the bus at "Thys" outside Italia in Tavola. A much better choice :)

• Visited December 2013
“Our favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My partner is celiac and we've tested many restaurants before finding this gem of a resto. The atmosphere is warm, cozy and joyful, thanks to Santina's exuberance. I always eat the gluten-full meals while my partner eats the gluten-free pizzas and pastas, and we've always been amazed at how good they are!

• Visited November 2013