Review of Villa Thai

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Authentic Thai, lunch et Take Away
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have booked for 4 at 9 pm for yesterday, we arrive at 9 sharp and there was no place for us, no excuse for the mistake, they have not tried to find a solution. WeI will not go here anymore. It s unacceptable, the only excuse was overbooking, meaning they don t care for customers.

7  Thank Chiara B
frank j, Eigenaar at Villa Thai, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Der Mrs,

Villa Thai wants to apologizefor what happened. In fact 10 minutes later we had the table free, but it was too late and we feel very sorry. We forgot to offer a aperitif for the waiting time. It was not a normal day. But we are back on track.

I want to propose to come back and try our Thai food and service in Villa Thai For the new booking we offer you 50 % reduction for the 4-6 people. Then after the dinner please feel free to review our food and service in tripadvisor. Thank you for your understanding and i hope we can wellcome you back in VillaThai. Frank and Nutcha. Sawasdee Khap

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The restaurant is quite small so reservation is a must, especially on a Saturday evening. The menu offers plenty of choices, inclusive of classic Thai dishes. We had an aperitif followed by a starter, which was delicious – spring rolls and steamed wantons.

Then I had a steamed chicken dish and the chicken tasted fresh, contrary to what is served in many other Thai restaurants, while my husband tried the Chu Chi - a beef curry, which on the menu was presented with “two peppers” but was not very hot. I drank a Singha beer and my husband drank rosé of the house. I am always happy when Thai restaurants serve Singha as I find it the ideal drink to go with the meal.

As a dessert we shared a slightly salted crêpe with coconut ice cream, which was a pleasant surprise. It was not the typical soggy, greasy French crêpe, but a crispier version that went very well with the ice cream. We wrapped up the meal with two coffees and sake. The final bill was reasonable, considering Brussels prices. I would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Dierregi
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've been here several times, and only just reviewed. Have tried many things on the menu, starters and main courses, and have been satisfied with all. The staff is friendly, and has always welcomed us without reservations, although it's likely better to reserve.

Only thing that could be better is to improve the beer list, even a bit. This is Belgium, people!

3  Thank Mark_from_Brussels
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I love thai cuisine. She was suggested this restaurant by a friend and wanted to test it together. It is well located in a quite street between Avenue Louise and the Place Chatelain, ideal for a walk after dinner and the last drink before night. The menu is quite complete and offers a broad choice of vegetarian, meat and fish dishes. You have to wait some time (good sign: they are cooking for you!), but the soft music and the few tables are ideal for couples who want to have some nice time together. Food was excellent; only because the limited choice of wines I won't give them top notes. But trust me: it is worth your money!

3  Thank Roberto S
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I are fans of Thai cuisine. This is our 3rd visit to villa Thai. I decided to order the chicken dumplings instead of the tom yum soup that I usually order. The dumplings were delicious! As I'm pregnant and feeling hungry, I asked for a bowl of extra rice to go with my red curry. The owner offered us a big bowl of rice at no cost. My husband also enjoyed his extra spicy tom yum soup. The owners are friendly and the service is great. Will be back soon to ease my cravings!

4  Thank shuyan-c