“Very good food and service”
Review of Villa Thai

Villa Thai
Ranked #22 of 217 Restaurants in Ixelles
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Authentic Thai, lunch et Take Away
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The service was awesome. Very amicable Dutch owner and his wife from Thailand. Peeked through the kitchen and saw that the kitchen crew are all from Thailand. Thumbs up to the authentic Thai food in Brussels. Been to Thailand before, tried Thai food there and I must say the Thai food in this restaurant is more than just awesome. Menu has a great selection of food.

I love the fried fish with thai chili sauce. We ordered it and it comes in a whole fish. Very generous portion. My boyfriend loves the money bags that we ordered for entree. The red wine was pretty decent too.

2  Thank Malisa G

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This restaurant is nice and the service is friendly. We like Thai food and I agree with other reviewers that the quality is excellent. But the size of portions is so ridiculous, I can not give this establishment a 5 points rating. I ordered green curry scampi with thai eggplant, and while the curry sauce was very good, I found only two! tiny pieces of eggplant in the entire dish. I was so hungry after finishing my "main" course, I had to order extra portion of rice just to feel a bit full. It's a pity, if the owners/chef carried to add substantially more vegetables to main courses and make the desserts a bit more presentable, it could have been a number one Thai restaurant in Brussels. For now, it is just ok.

2  Thank Tuchka
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Visited this restaurant last Wednesday and really liked the food. So did my wife and son. The service was good and staff was friendly. The atmosphere was equally good, a cosy little restaurant. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food combined with personal service and a casual atmosphere to "meat and eat".

2  Thank Brusselart
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was with friends there; food was excellent; fresh and tasty. However, portions were quite small. Without a starter you'll stay hungry. Atmosphere very nice, staff very friendly but a bit distracted and not focused. In believe I'll come back.

2  Thank MerB0303
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The premises are a lot smaller than the pics suggest so the premises were crowded. The waiter at the reception was looking as if not mentally present. Didn't show us to our table and lost interest in our company as soon as the next customer showed up at the door. The portions are very, very small. To be full you would have to order 2 or 3 main dishes (not just the case with me, but the same opinion has my gf even though she rarely finishes even her portion when we eat out). Tom Ka Kai soup was very good. The main courses were OK, but nothing inspiring or anything that would make me visit again, hence the "poor" rating. We had to wait 15 minutes for the bill. Prices are reasonable.

2  Thank Havry