“Nice, friendly hotel with easy transport within brussels.”
Review of Hotel Capital

Hotel Capital
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice, friendly hotel with easy transport within brussels.”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I stayed at the hotel in december for a weekend with my boyfriend and was generally pleased. The reception was very friendly and helped us plan our sightseeing trips to see brussels. I think the room I had been given had been painted in the last couple days since it still had the smell but when I mentioned it to the reception they changed my room directly and apologised. Breakfast was nice but the waitress didn't speak english, italian and her french was worse than mine (mine french is not good). I was a little disappointed by the TV as I expected that all hotels had LCDs by now but I didn't go to watch TV. They have a lovely lounge/bar that is open in the evening and I guess their bartender couldn't get to work because of the snow since it was the manager and the owner that served our drinks.

Overall I liked the hotel a lot and would defiantly go again :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicoleNapolitano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Nothing special but it does the job. Breakfast is good, rooms are small but quiet. Useful location, you can walk down Avenue Louise to the city centre. Couple of good restaurants in the same street which saves having to make a big effort to go out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank lowmaintenanceBrit
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I stayed at the Capital for 2 nights and chose the hotel purely for the location as I was attending meetings just down the road from it. Despite the location i was still late for my meeting on the 2nd day as check out took 20 minutes. A chaotic queue, broken computer but at least an apology.

The room was clean but very basic, small with 2 small beds and cramped plastic bathroom. I spent little time in the room as i was busy with work - my rating would have been a 1 if not.

On the positive side the breakfast was fine and the hotel is handy for the tram into town.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Baxie

Travelers are raving about these Ixelles hotels

Netherlands
Reviewed October 1, 2008

The rooms are tiny and shabby. The bathroom is very small. I could not close the door of the shower, so I flooded the bathroom floor. The spiral mattress was just terrible. The breakfast was reasonable.

Internet is available, but it's 17 euro for 24 hours. Quite expensive.

I do not recommend this hotel.

• Disliked — Shabby, overpriced (not worth 3 stars)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I stayed at the Capital on business and I thought from the room rate it would be a suitable hotel. How wrong I was!

The Louise district is quite nice but it deteriorates the closer you get to the hotel.

The room is tiny, even by UK standards (If you're from the USA, forget it), in a poor state of repair and the bathroom is basically a cupboard with an MDF door. There is no restaurant apart from the breakfast buffet which itself is basic.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for the Ritz or Hilton, a Travel Inn or Holiday Inn express would do just fine, I just expected more due to the room rate than a tiny shabby room in a shabby hotel miles from the centre of Brussels and the nearest Metro station is over a mile away.

The good thing was that the room was clean although the doors and furniture was all chipped which made it look dirty.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Oban
Reviewed November 23, 2007

We have recently spent an uncomfortable night in a dreary room on the top floor of this hotel. Having come from a beautiful few days in Bruges staying at a lovely hotel but paying only a few pounds more, to say we were disappointed was an understatement!! The room was pokey and very poorly furnished and the bathroom was old fashioned and dingy. We mentioned our concerns to reception but no effort was made to improve things. Definitely not to be recommended!!

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank shescott
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed April 5, 2007

I stayed at Hotel Capital with some colleagues, during a business trip, when more central hotels were fully booked. You need a tram to the nearest underground station. My room was really small, but clean. There was no central heating but an electric heater that you switch on and off, so I guess it may be cold in a less favourable season. Other rooms were larger and better equipped. Breakfast was fairly basic, with yoghurts, orange juice, boiled eggs, bread and jam, with coffee out of thermos and no fesh brew or espresso available. The staff was very nice and pluringual. I would say that one could expect something more at €98 per night, still the hotel is adequate.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — small room, no business service, breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank MEG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Made in Louise
#3 of 16 in Ixelles
Sun Hotel
Sun Hotel
#15 of 16 in Ixelles

Been to Hotel Capital? Share your experiences!